PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:15:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Universal Sims...
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Universal Sims...  (Read 79782 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #105 on: 2007 March 31, 10:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, if you want to get delisted just link to PMBD. Tongue You are a Pirate!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #106 on: 2007 March 31, 10:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right, it will get you off the list - and let us know as we don't re-assess sites very often Cheesy

But sorry it still doesn't get you chucked off the forum Tongue

Our lil friend must be stopped.
beawaywithit
Landlubber

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #107 on: 2007 March 31, 12:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the host (delphy is it?) has to be negligent in some way, someone hire a lawyer? lol

teadrinker why do you get to decide who is a paysite, who is better than anyone else, etc?

Nobody made you queen of the world. get off your high horse, the FFSS website (or whatever its acronym is) is empty, a pile of rubbish, nothing but people who want to known in the community (albeit for stupid reasons)

You say paysites tear the community up - well so does your classification system. just let people be , paysite or non-paysite, they don't need rigorous rules

i also dont think you should be listing and rating other peoples websites without their consent. On other top site lists etc you register/submit your site. going around blacklisting other websites destroys the community spirit

and id say this on your website but I trie to register and put the wrong e-mail address so now I cant join it
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #108 on: 2007 March 31, 12:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
On the fed, MTS2 is actually a class C paysite, under the clause that they have content that requires you to part with money before you can use it.

Ooh. What do PMBD and MATY classify as? Are we too evil to be classified?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #109 on: 2007 March 31, 12:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PMBD is ClassP

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #110 on: 2007 March 31, 12:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "beawaywithit"

i also dont think you should be listing and rating other peoples websites without their consent. On other top site lists etc you register/submit your site. going around blacklisting other websites destroys the community spirit

This is ignorant nonsense.  Lots of sites have lists and finds pages and *most* of those maintain them themselves with their own choice of sites. (eg Community Updates at N99, Parsimonious)

Also many sites give out awards for various criteria - again chosen by their own staff (eg Moomoos and Featured at MTS2, SimMoms, Parsimonious again).

And what about nearly every sims fansite on the planet has a page of "favourite sites" link buttons!  You're just all a-fluster cos we're judging on unusual criteria rather than "quality" or "favourite".  Who wants just one more quality-ranked list?  Please relax the boundaries of your mind.

and id say this on your website but I trie to register and put the wrong e-mail address so now I cant join it

Sounds like a lucky escape for you.  Be happy.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Universal Sims...
« Reply #111 on: 2007 March 31, 12:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is Class P then? What does that mean?
If you link to PMBD you won't get a mention? Aiight, that's me out then... ^^^

And I'm starting to agree with everyone believing Nathan has a part of this. He doesn't show the right signs of some kid who has been hit with an inconceivably massive bill and wants to be away with it.

Take me, for example. I've my own site, I'm basically a kid (nearly 18, just a couple of months). If I had someone hosting me and they slammed me with a bill so bloody huge, I'd cry a bit, complain to whoever would listen (and those who wouldn't), try and negotiate, and if nothing happened there I'd pull my site and run for the hills...

Nathan really isn't acting normally...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #112 on: 2007 March 31, 13:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, Nathan might not really be Nathan, he might have someone's hand in him.   It's not that hard to pretend to be a kid, people have been known to impersonate young people on the internet, for a variety of reasons.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Universal Sims...
« Reply #113 on: 2007 March 31, 13:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right; he may not be a kid...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #114 on: 2007 March 31, 13:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"

Also many sites give out awards for various criteria - again chosen by their own staff (eg Moomoos and Featured at MTS2, SimMoms, Parsimonious again).

Cows and Trophies on MTS2 are awarded to individuals, though, not sites, so this is not a good example.

Ultimately, though, meh. I bask in my disapproval! Do what you want cuz a pirate is free: YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #115 on: 2007 March 31, 13:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't we start a separate thread for slagging off the federation?  This is one thread I *don't* think should be derailed.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #116 on: 2007 March 31, 13:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, who's fault is it for starting on about the Federation, anyway? Aren't you people supposed to have a Prime Directive or something?

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #117 on: 2007 March 31, 14:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was pointing out that Delphy is not properly anti-paysite cos his site, for which he makes up the rules, is run in such a way that it supports paysites.  Forget I mentioned The F********.   My opinion as an individual is that if people have recolours of pay meshes on their site, they are helping to keep paysites going.  If they have links advertising paysites, they are helping to keep people going to paysites, and possibly subscribing to them while they are there.

A real anti-paysite person won't have things on their own site that direct people to paysites.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #118 on: 2007 March 31, 15:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OT:
Never in my life have I made a pay item. My site has always been 100% free. I use free meshes that are originally from paysites, but can be found allmost everywhere. Out of respect to the creator and his/her creation, I link back to the site it comes from, wether it be pay or free. I do that because I don't want to claim ownership of something that I did not make.

Therefore I am not a true or proper anti paysite person.

However, FFFS supports paysites by allowing them to go on selling stuff that can be gotten fro free on PMND, saying it is theft. Now what is real theft?? Selling stuff that is supposed to be free, is against the EULA, or providing these files for free without harm (except financial, wich is ILLEGAL finance anyway) to paysites?

PMND is not modifying their content. They offer and host it for free, like it's supposed to be.

Are you a true and proper anti paysite person, (as a FFFS member)?
Or are you (as FFFS), maybe, just allowing paysites to continue on by blacklisting sites that do justice by linking to somewhere to get the files for free, as they are supposed to be?

Like it or not, you guys are one of the reasons that paysites keep going.

Not meant to be a personal attack, but it's how I view it, and it's how it works...

Inactive
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #119 on: 2007 March 31, 15:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Nouk, are you saying Delphy is anti-paysite?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: