PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:28:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poser Content
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poser Content  (Read 11744 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Poser Content
« on: 2007 March 22, 12:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the weekend I read this post from this twat saying that peggy (and others who use poser hair) deserve to be paid for their 'work' as its very hard to convert them and she makes the textures all by herself...

....this pissed me off a lot.  :twisted: So I went onto Renderosity and had a little snoop around, and guess what I found? Yesss lots and lots and lots of hairs that had been converted from the sims.

So in a true pirate fashion, heres a little game for you...:

Look who stole that Poser content!

First up we have Sims2Sisters of TSR:

S2S 'Rasta Syle' hair (pic from thread at S2C)

Definately the same hair, was spotted some time ago as stolen content and since then Sims2sisters has added StudioMaya in the little credit box on the download. However, has given none for the female version and had given none previous. Doubt that they asked permission of any sort as well. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Verdict: SAME

S2S 'Barbie' hair
Once again definately the same hair and Sims2Sisters have given credit. They do not actually say that all they did is convert the hair from poser to sims though >.< And if you ask me that is not enough to make it pay! Its like charging for recolouring Maxis hair imao

S2S 'Damien hair' and Sims2Sisters hair set
Exactly the same hair, credit is given on the 'Damien' hair but not on the female version.

S2S 'Beauty' hair
Hair is no longer at TSR, I have it in my game (will take pic soon) and without a doubt its exactly the same. If anyone has any pics of this hair then please post them Smiley

Right, next we have ChazDesigns of TSR:

'Divine hair'
Either stolen or too similar, not only is the mesh the same but the texturing is as well - look at the piece of hair tucked behind the ear. For some weird reason its not on his minisite, but found it here - no credit given on that page, but if you view the hairs seperately credit is given o_O Weirrddd
Verdict: Same/'similar'

Next we have Marko of TSR:
Sunday Morning hair
Am not too sure about this one, but there is a strong similarity between the hairs - general shape and particularly the flicks at the bottom. But am not sure..
Verdict: Possibly

And hear for us to Yargh! at to our little pirate hearts content...Thomas of TSR:
Diva hair
See post number#10
Verdict: SAME!!!!

So thats the marvel of TSR out of the way with.  Also got pictures of hair stolen by Rose, Peggy, VitaSims and XMsims (not sure if I will post those, seeing as how they are a free site)...but will add them later as this post will probably take up too much space.

IMAO when it comes down to it, whether they have given the original creator credit or not, they did not make it and have no right to charge people money for it. And thats if you forget the fact that its against the EULA agreement

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 22, 13:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is old news lol
It was discussed about 3 months ago in the why do people hate paysites thread over at s2c (and over here a bit too)
from this post down you can see comparison pictures and peoples responses to it and stuff: http://forums.sims2community.com/showpost.php?p=698385&postcount=310
It then led to the Poser Initiative thread and then to the Poser Initiative project over at mts2.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 22, 13:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Wicked One, I haven't seen it before Smiley

Penny
Landlubber

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 22, 20:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yowsa.   They couldn't deny it if they tried.

Good work detective.

s the meadow on fire?
PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 23, 07:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! thats a crime!
Diala
ARR!

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 23, 07:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
this is old news lol
It was discussed about 3 months ago in the why do people hate paysites thread over at s2c (and over here a bit too)

Neither of those had any comparison pictures to point and laugh at, I don't think. THAT is where the damning evidence is.

Either way, do post more comparison pictures, CaptainJojoba.
Not Paper
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Stolen Poser Content
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 23, 07:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In S2S's defense regarding the "Beauty" hair:
They used a mesh from the defunct web site "Sims2Beauty". S2B was, however, notorious for using Poser meshes. (I deleted several of them from my game recently. OH THE HIGH POLY PAINNN.)
So, yeah. They're not responsible for ripping that poser mesh.

And the "Damien" hair has been ripped by at least two other creators (Sunair, Guppy Gabriel).
Then again, I know that Guppy Gabriel gave credit (and Sunair may have, too. I can't recall.)

I do appreciate the comparisons, though. Thanks for posting 'em. I'm looking forward to seeing more (especially when you get to Peggy and Rose.)
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 23, 15:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mufushu"
Neither of those had any comparison pictures to point and laugh at, I don't think. THAT is where the damning evidence is.

actually there is comparison pictures over there, i just posted the first post the "evidence" was presented in. I wasnt going to post links to each individual post the comparison pics are in.I pointed you guys in the right direction, that should be sufficient.
There really isnt a need to repost here what is already over there, i mean besides posting links, especially since it was already discussed here while it was "new" news, but whatever lol
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 23, 15:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I've got some that aren't on the S2C post then I'll post them. Sorry Wicked I'm behind all this as i only recently joined to S2C, so it is new news to me. Smiley but thanks still, its all proof that paysites are run by a bunch of thieving whiney irritating slugs...

eta:
these are some posts off of the S2C thread with comparison pics Cheesy
Rose Pay and TSR
XMsims
Peggy Pay
Peggy Pay
TSR, Peggy, Rose, and others
XMsim and Peggy Special Gift
Various pays from Peggy and Rose, as well as XMsims
XMsims

Dr Pixel
Landlubber

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 23, 17:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to spoil your thread, but I can definately confirm that the "Diva" hair mesh on TSR was not stolen.

I know, because I did the conversion, at the request of, and will the full knowledge of, the original Poser meshmaker.

In fact, he did most of the conversion himself - I supplied him with Sims2 "dummy" head meshes and told him what format and sizes I needed for the mesh files and textures.  I then did the assignments, and put them into .package files for him, which was then fowarded to Thomas at TSR.

I don't know about the others, but it's quite possible that they were done the same way.  They had asked me to do more conversions, but I declined - whoever it was that said it is a royal pain to convert Poser meshes to Sims2 is definately right.

Anyway, before you assume some Poser mesh is stolen, try contacting the original creator of the mesh.  They certainly would know.
Penny
Landlubber

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 23, 17:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wicked_one:

is it really that serious or are you just wanting credit for already having done what was done?

s the meadow on fire?
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 23, 17:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the information Dr Pixel Smiley Point taken on with me saying that they are stolen - i'll change it to 'same mesh' or something like that.

wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 23, 17:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Penny"
is it really that serious or are you just wanting credit for already having done what was done?

lol i didnt do anything, if you had looked at the link, it was ghanima and nouk who did all the work Smiley I was just saying that there actually are comparison pics over there, if you look at that post and further into that part of the extremely-long thread, since mufushu said there were none at all.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 23, 17:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
Quote from: "Penny"

lol i didnt do anything, if you had looked at the link, it was ghanima and nouk who did all the work Smiley I was just saying that there actually are comparison pics over there, if you look at that post and further into that part of the extremely-long thread, since mufushu said there were none at all.

Wicked was just saying they were there. Nouk and Ghanima posted them all (and there is a lot of them), have put links to the direct posts above

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Rose vs. Poser Content
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 23, 19:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok here is Rose of Rosesims
Rose Donate 60
Hair looks reasonably similar from the front, however view from the side looks exceptionally similar.
Verdict: Very 'similar'

Rose Donate 15
Verdict: Same

Rose Donate 37

Rose Donate 58

Rose Donate (cant remember the number)
From the Poser hair in the top right hand corner, has the same hair strands exactly.
Verdict: Same/Freakishly 'similar'

Rose Donate 47
Quite similar to hair on left and right, with a straight hair texture would look very similar
Verdict: Similar

Rose Donate 57
Not very sure about this, but definate similarity.
Verdict: Similar/Influence

Rose Donate 64
Similarity from front, side view is veryyy similar.
Verdict: Strong similiarity

Rose Donate 56
Rather similar layers on both hairs, as well as similar bangs.
Verdict: Same/Similar

Rose Donate 62
Verdict: Very similar

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: