PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:26:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Noukiesims2 hosting account suspended
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Noukiesims2 hosting account suspended  (Read 23654 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Noukiesims2 hosting account suspended
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 30, 20:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what did I miss? Did the sucky and evil Atwa purposely go after our beloved Nouk?

It shouldn't shock me, but gah! They are finding new ways to suck!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 30, 20:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nouk is on a hosting plan that has unmetered bandwidth with a small amount of webspace so this "low bandwidth" thing is incorrect
I dont understand your gb entry, she used free hair to make her pay clothes look better and then linked to the hair to try to get people to scramble over to nouk's site and use up all her bandwidth? i dont think that even nouks wonderful hair could make atwas clothes look better and it's nice to know atwa and her goons are trying to hurt nouk :x

edit: looks like the malaysians changed their website and their plans? Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. I thought it said unmetered bandwidth before but maybe i'm losing my mind lol Now it says 150gb Anyways, you get much more here: http://www.hostican.com/hosting/linux.php for $7/month (found link on MySimSite)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 30, 21:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about a troyan? Can a troyan do this?

Plus, I know you guys don't like Atwa, but these are quite some serious alligations, people can go to jail for this. At least here in Holland they do. I need real good proof. Like screenshots, etc. I have no way to see how this happened, i think it was some script or troyan. Not a few angry people going to the forum at the same time.

Bringing down my site would be pointless, because I don't depend on it or sell stuff on it. Well except maybe to annoy me. But all I do is share my OWN free stuff, wich benefits everyone.

Funny thing is, I don't even download booty Cheesy If this is true, they got the wrong damn pirate!

Inactive
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 30, 21:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Typical trojans do not affect Unix accounts, particularly those of Noukly people who probably don't even use shell. And of course there's no PROOF. That's what proves it was clearly a sneaky and underhanded move, because why else would the proof have been methodically hidden like this? You need to learn to think like a paranoid, Nouk. Because it's not paranoia when they really are out to get you.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 30, 21:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ARGH! everyone is out to get me! I bet you all own paysites! You bad bad people!!!  :lol:

Inactive
chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 30, 21:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nasty. I don't know what PMBD thinks, but I'd be against using tactics like that, even against a paysite. I'm all for negative publicity - tampering with someone's website should be out of bounds.

Why am I surprised, though? If people are unapologetic about charging money for pixels, they probably lack the ethics to resist electronic tampering.

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 30, 21:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh. As far as I'm concerned, the high ground is where you put your artillery.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 31, 00:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie_sim"
interesting remark just posted on my guestbook...

I read your terms of use page and the part where you say that atwa used free hair to make her pay clothes look better? if the hair you mean is noukiesims hair then she linked to that on tsr to use bandwidth. she read somewhere that noukiesims is low bandwidth and thought it's time to bring down a pirates site. she has posted the link in a few sites and she is asking other peeps and me to do it too. so your page is wrong where it says her reasons.

so I was wrong ok. All I can say was my page was correct at the time of going to press and I wont be held responsable for my failiure to get inside Atwa's sick little head! and if the poster is reading this, it's a good idea to go direct to the source to complain and not waste your time correcting other peoples policy pages in their guestbooks! (and I know who you are)

seriously though, nouk, you need to look into blocking hits from malicious websites or redirecting them. Unfortunatly when reputable sites like yours get into difficulty, there is always gutter trash waiting to take advantage of the situation. Hopefully you will be able to upgrade to a high or unlimited bandwidth site and you can thank her for the free advertisement  Cheesy

maybe a redirect to here would do the trick?
http://www.atwa.youarelame.com/

Who was it I'm terribly confused Sad

karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 31, 03:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie_sim"

too funny :lol:
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 31, 06:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't surprise me at all, ever since ts1 the community has sent a very strong message that if you lay with dogs you are a dog.  

I was looking into lunarpages for hosting but was afraid of having this same problem.  Apparently, I have heard stories of them overselling, and then suspeninding accounts of reasons other than bandwidth, which seems to be the case here.  :?

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 31, 08:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the feck?!! Well this is interesting...havent heard it anywhere else which makes me think its a load of bull. Any idea who it was who posted in your guestbook?

And Sherrie, Atwa.Yourlame is priceless  Cool

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 31, 10:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
Doesn't surprise me at all, ever since ts1 the community has sent a very strong message that if you lay with dogs you are a dog.

Heh, I have a response for that: Call us dogs, and you will feel our bite!

The PMBD server has basically been under continuous attack for months now, we get happy daily fun logs of this crap bouncing off our shields and dozens of IPs have been banned already.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 31, 13:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is so shitty! Poor Nouk!

lol, love the page Sherrie, but, er, I like Legally Blonde...AND I own it on DVD... Cool

Aside from that, nothing else is correct. ^^ :wink:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 31, 14:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
What the feck?!! Well this is interesting...havent heard it anywhere else which makes me think its a load of bull. Any idea who it was who posted in your guestbook?

And Sherrie, Atwa.Yourlame is priceless  Cool

I could be misreading it, but the way I take the post, is that the poster is saying that atwa 'read somewhere that nouk had bandwidth problems' or words to that effect.

well the only place that nouk wrote anything like that was here, and they very day after that someone on the 'ugly thread' on the other board, noticed atwa had linked to nouk on her excuse for a homepage, then the day after that atwa put nouks link on all her new creations on TSR. Now I very much doubt a link on tsr did this to the bandwidth, atwa's creations are not that popular to gain any traffic, and her website is dead so theres not any traffic coming from there either.

I think what has happened is that someone else has attacked nouks bandwidth (atwa isn't that smart) and when atwa read here that it had caused a problem, she took advantage of the situation by trying to add more traffic to what she thought was a stuggling site. (like the parasite she is) it also sounds like she is asking her 'friends' to help her do this, whether they will lower themselves to her level remains to be seen.

Now there was an attack plan, (supposidly hatched by thomas) that atwa talked about, but that was aimed at PMBD, and nouk was never mentioned, atwa refused to say what it was, but as she has such a big mouth, that led me to believe it was just bullshit she made up from her own little dream world.

as for the poster, I will PM you and red  Cheesy

and if you are reading this 'david' make the plunge and post your info directly here, my guestbook is not an extention of this forum. dont worry about being thrown off TSR, if you really did inherit over $1 million as atwa spread around, you can afford to get your own site.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 31, 14:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the fuck? Sherrie so Atwa is sending people to do her dirty work. Who does she think she is Thomas? :lol: !

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: