PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:43:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Noukiesims2 hosting account suspended
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Noukiesims2 hosting account suspended  (Read 23639 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Noukiesims2 hosting account suspended
« on: 2007 March 20, 18:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because of some bullshit:

"Hi,

Please take note that your “noukiesims2.net” is overloading the server. It is taking too much CPU resource. This will affect the performance of the server, which in turn will affect other customers’ websites. Please refer the below logs:
--
Domain name: noukiesims2.net
Username : noukiesi

+--------+---------------+-----------+------------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info |
+--------+---------------+-----------+------------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| 167146 | noukiesi_Nouk | localhost | noukiesi_phpBB2 | Sleep | 184 | | |
| 167280 | cunnisc_pan | localhost | cunnisc_adserver | Sleep | 159 | | |
| 167513 | torrenta_mazo | localhost | torrenta_TestTX | Sleep | 76 | | |
| 167653 | torrenta_mazo | localhost | torrenta_TestTX | Sleep | 98 | | |
| 167654 | torrenta_mazo | localhost | torrenta_TestTX | Sleep | 103 | | |
| 167798 | noukiesi_Nouk | localhost | noukiesi_phpBB2 | Sleep | 64 | | |
| 167810 | noukiesi_Nouk | localhost | noukiesi_phpBB2 | Sleep | 74 | | |
| 167850 | noukiesi_Nouk | localhost | noukiesi_phpBB2 | Sleep | 69 | | |
| 167851 | torrenta_mazo | localhost | torrenta_TestTX | Sleep | 31 | | |
| 167903 | noukiesi_Nouk | localhost | noukiesi_phpBB2 | Sleep | 64 | | |
| 167926 | noukiesi_Nouk | localhost | noukiesi_phpBB2 | Sleep | 60 | | |
___________________________________________________________________________________
32108 noukiesi 19 0 53716 24m 21m R 6 1.2 0:00.19 php
32084 noukiesi 20 0 53708 24m 20m R 6 1.2 0:00.19 php
32115 noukiesi 20 0 52812 21m 17m R 7 1.1 0:00.20 php
32118 animeleg 18 0 54668 20m 16m R 4 1.0 0:00.12 php
32095 cunnisc 16 0 53728 18m 15m R 4 0.9 0:00.13 php
30785 noukiesi 18 0 56404 10m 5152 S 0 0.5 0:00.09 php
31176 noukiesi 19 0 56224 10m 5132 S 0 0.5 0:00.10 php
30799 noukiesi 18 0 56608 10m 5120 S 0 0.5 0:00.11 php
31174 noukiesi 19 0 55308 10m 5124 S 0 0.5 0:00.10 php
30786 noukiesi 19 0 55808 10m 5120 S 0 0.5 0:00.12 php
28847 noukiesi 19 0 56692 10m 5120 S 0 0.5 0:00.19 php
31221 noukiesi 18 0 55192 10m 5116 S 0 0.5 0:00.10 php

You have 3 options now:

1. Reduce the usage. Cut down the mysql queries or file/image upload/download processes. These processes use heavy CPU resources.
2. High Load Server. If you don’t have any of the above or cannot cut down, then inform us to relocate you to another server tuned for such websites.
3. Dedicated Server. If after option 1& 2 still don’t work, then you are left with getting a dedicated server.

Choose your option and reply us within the next 3 hours. However, we will have no choice but to suspend your website temporarily to prevent further lag in the existing server. We will try unsuspend the website and monitor on the load. If it still overloading, then we will suspend it back.

Regarding this please contact us back at "abuse@shinjiru.com" so that we can take up further investigation at our end and help you to get your site unsuspended. If you have any query please let us know we are always at your service.

Your cooperation is much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Phillipe M.
Level 1 Support.
-----------------------------
247 Ticket Support Department
- http://247livesupport.biz -"

What shall I do?

I really don't feel like moving around again and it's 60 dollars down the drain, 60 dollars that where given to me to keep the site up for a year.

I would move to lunarpages but I'm too fed up at the moment. So I want to get this account opened up again.

Any help, threat letters, tips are welcome.

I have allready sent them a support ticket to explain this to me in non-computernerd language. See what they have to lie. Uhm say.

Thanks!

xxx Nouk

Inactive
chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 20, 19:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be a common experience for site owners.

I've seen it suggested (maybe here?) that moving to another host is a better idea than getting a dedicated server. I'll try to find that post.

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 20, 19:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloody hell!  I am sorry this has happened to you Sad

Was it a forum-based site - I can't remember, did users have to download stuff from inside forum threads?  I know that does hammer a server a lot more than just downloading from normal webpages.

You could try if you have not already, making it so only registered people can view image attachments and download files.  Just in case some idiot's trying to mess things up for you.

One thing I do on dinnerbell is if there are large downloads, I have them uploaded by ftp to a directory and just put the link in the forum post.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 20, 19:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't understand most of what you copied and pasted, but the bottom part sounds like those are steps rather than options. Step 1: try to reduce usage Step 2: ask them to move you to a different server made for larger/busier websites (you need to do this step) Step 3: pay for one of their servers that will be only for your site(s)

If you are able to still get into your account, you should take a look at how much bandwidth, space, etc you are using in case you do need to move (instead of paying them for a server)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 19:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My site was allready very slow, and that for a bunch of .html files. If it's moved to a busy server it will be hell to reach it.

I'll just have the site be moved to the busy server, then buy a Lunarpage hosting thing and get half a year free for moving before the end of the contract. It will take about 2 weeks before I have the money, but in the meentime this will have to do.

Thanks for your help Smiley

Inactive
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 20, 19:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, your site receives a lot of traffic and their server can't handle it. It isn't your fault, Nouk. They need to have better hardware in place if they want to be a reliable webhosting company. You paid for a year's worth of service from them and if they can't provide that service then I would ask for a refund for the remaining months and then find a host with a system that can handle the number of hits your site takes.

The reason your site was loading so slowly was most likely due, again, to their server limitations. Moving to a busy server wouldn't be a problem if the server had enough RAM, a decent CPU, and enough bandwidth to handle the load. I'd ask them what the specifications are on the high load server, how many sites it currently handles, and what the page loading time averages from that server.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 20, 20:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering what had happened to your site Nouk; this sucks majorly.!
It's not your fault that your site is visited by alot of people - shows you how good it is. They obviously don't have the server space they thought they did and are just passing the buck onto their customers - very bad!

Good luck with finding a new server!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 20, 20:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually Lunarpages, love them as I do, are pretty strict on sites that take up too much CPU or too many simultaneous database connections.  If you really do have a highly used site using forum software or content management system (rather than just plain html and links) then you may have trouble there too for the same reason.  It might be worth running your report by their customer services (or their presales forum) to see what they think of it and whether it would cause problems there too.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 20, 20:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or I could burn the forum - it hardly gets used. The rest of my site is really just a bunch of html files.

Thanks for all the tips, guys! I wonder if they ask money for moving to the other server. If so, I'm not going to pay for it, and I'll loose the entire site. I'll just have to ask for acces once more to download my site or something.

I'll certainly mention the fact that their servers are not powerfull enough to host decent websites. They completely covered their asses and will not refund me, because I 'abused' their system. If it stays this way, it will become a paypal claim I think.

Inactive
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 20, 20:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't think your forum is being used, then it looks like it could have been being hit on by some malicious process, cos it does figure in those reports.   And there are loads of php calls.  What else on your site was using php besides your forum?   php scripts can be a security nightmare.  Maybe someone hijacked your site to run something.  Anyway... ff you want to start a new forum any time, I advise SMF (as it is thought to be more secure than phpbb), and make use of email validation for new accounts.

Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 20, 22:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk's hosting service"
LOLZ YO,

Your site is completely abusing our servers because it's actually getting the bandwidth you're paying for instead of it sitting there quietly for a year getting two hits per day. FIX IT NAO. This is in no way us being an unreliable host at all.

Please contact us so we can screw you out of more money in return for more of our wonderful service,

Lots of love from Shitty Hosting Company
xxxx

Fixed. <3

If they won't move you for free, definitely kick them until they give you at least a  partial refund. After all, you're paying for a service and they have a duty to bloody provide you with it.  :x
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 21, 00:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
Or I could burn the forum - it hardly gets used. The rest of my site is really just a bunch of html files.

That works. I could also put your forum up over here.

Thanks for all the tips, guys! I wonder if they ask money for moving to the other server. If so, I'm not going to pay for it, and I'll loose the entire site. I'll just have to ask for acces once more to download my site or something.

It doesn't cost anything, no. I'd just tell them you're willing to reduce the alleged CPU load by dropping the forum, though. The configuration they have is terrible when it comes to dealing with PHP things. Also, it does look like somehow your forum process ran away. With whatever dodgy code you might be running on top of their own dodgy PHP handling...

I'll certainly mention the fact that their servers are not powerfull enough to host decent websites. They completely covered their asses and will not refund me, because I 'abused' their system. If it stays this way, it will become a paypal claim I think.

Eh, it's not that bad, like I said, they don't actually know what's really happening. Try offering to move the forum, and if that shuts 'em up, great. Otherwise take that "high load" server, they'll do that for free. Like I said, don't panic, don't sweat it, this sort of thing happens from time to time.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
KikiGo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 21, 01:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry nouk, I really like your site..and I hope you get all this figured out..Good Luck!

ause you talk like a F*g and your shits all retarded!!!
kissmybooty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 21, 05:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk check your PM's
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 21, 05:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My exboyfriend's site got slammed like that last year by his hosting.  They were very unprofessional about it and basically held his account hostage, so he had to pay for a dedicated server just to access his files.  He moved to a different host, and hosted his forum (which was the drain) on invision board's hosting.  It was an invision board anyway, and it freed up the drain on the site so he's not likely to have the problem again with the website.

Hopefully nuking your forums will do the trick with your host. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: