PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:11:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Alms for the colourblind & SimPE colourbinning question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: My mostest favouritest hair issue crappiness would be:  (Voting closed: 2007 March 15, 03:43:28)
Hair that is not animated and looks like it was carved from wood - 12 (14%)
Creators who refuse to colourbin - 17 (19.8%)
Farking GAPS - 20 (23.3%)
Hair that does not reach the edges of the mesh - 0 (0%)
Hair that has skintone leakage on some strands - 1 (1.2%)
Hair that cuts into the face or body of Sims, making bald spots or strange body hair growths on Sim - 7 (8.1%)
Five shades of nearly identical blonde, helpfully catted as brown for good measure - 6 (7%)
Firetruck reds, pee yellows, and purple-grey browns and blacks - 15 (17.4%)
Hair with 4 million polys - 5 (5.8%)
"Donation" hair stolen from Poser - 3 (3.5%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alms for the colourblind & SimPE colourbinning question  (Read 7333 times)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Alms for the colourblind & SimPE colourbinning question
« on: 2007 March 15, 03:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear, I think Raon, Peggy and Rose must be colourblind. I'm busily deleting crappy hair in-game, and after the fourteenth purple-brown hair listed under "red," and the umptillionth violet-grey under "black," I finally saw the light. :shock:

I'm also bugged that light blondes seem to be considered "brown," but those are harder to delete, because they are actually decent blondes.

Question about SimPE colourbinning:

You load the file you want, say "wankyhairwithgap9_black.package" and it's defaulted to the black tab, which is good. So then do you use options to make SURE it's black? Next, before saving, can/do you open the next colour, "wankyhairwithgap9_brown.package" perhaps, after selecting the brown tab in SimPE's colourbinner? Or do you save "wankyhairwithgap9_black.package" and do a new session and then open "wankyhairwithgap9_brown.package" and move it to the right tab?

What do you do when you have a jillion shades of brown "wankyhairwithgap9_xxxxx.package" files? Pick one, let the others set to custom or ignore them?

Super novice here. :oops: Just attempted Raon colourbinning and I clearly did something nonawesome, after two hours of trying, because I managed to make the files unreadable. I am wondering if this was because I edited in my backup on my Desktop and not in the DL folder. When I finished binning (or so I thought), I removed the disabled packages and swapped the folders to test.

ETA: I'm also displeased that CAS crashes after a half hour or so of deep cleaning, but that's an issue with my game. Since I actually am brazen enough to attempt to run the Sims on a LAPTOP, then, according to EA, I deserve all problems I get. Srsly.  :roll:

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
donovan
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 15, 04:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, all of the above.  
I'm no expert by any means compared to some of the people on here, but I bring linkies!  And I suck at posting them correctly.

Anyway, this is a tutorial that explains how to bin properly, and also how to delete other ages that may not be custom.
http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/1609913.html

I, however, find that much too technical, so I use Theo's color binning tool with SimPE, and find it incredibly easy to use.  In fact, I bin hair on my own everytime I add a new style.  I actually like one of XMs light browns as a blonde, so...you know.  Here's a link to that, and I believe he's got a tutorial somewhere on that page.
http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tools/color-binning-tool.html

Hope this helps!
lucy_fell
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 15, 04:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"
I swear, I think Raon, Peggy and Rose must be colourblind.

Add XM Sims to that list. I think we just cut that site a lot of slack because their hairs are free, but seriously? Their best blondes are categorized under brown. I don't know how to re-bin them with SimPE and I'm too lazy to learn anyway. Shame because they're nicer shades of blonde than Peggy's or Rose's. And they don't make my Brown color bin cry as much as Peggy's puke-purple-grey shades. Most of Raon's hairs I can't even look at, so I just deleted all of them.

I too run the Sims on a laptop. I have four EPs but no SPs, and I'm afraid to get Seasons because it might kill my laptop and I'm currently too poor to buy a new one. What? I like laptops.[/i]
Lorelei
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 15, 08:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the MTS2 and Theo tuts, and I am still a wee bit confused about how to package handle.

Do I continue to open packages under new tabs before saving? I think the issue is that I have opened one-colour-per-package files. When I attempted to move just one item, the grey shade, the whole list moved to the new tab. (Also, was probably not supposed to do that, anyway.)

Also, I moved my meshes to another folder. Most of them. Long time ago. So they aren't in the same folder as the hair packages.

I can't believe I forgot XMSims. Maybe because I haven't loaded her stuff back in yet. Yes, apparently I have brown hair according to them. According to my driver's license, hairdresser and L'Oreal, I am a very light blonde.

Another super fun issue is when you pick a red, say, hair for a Sim, age regress them to check their DNA / facial characteristics as toddlers and kids, and suddenly you have black-haired children.

Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

What 'gap' is?
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 15, 08:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I needed to be able to select more than one of those options Tongue

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 15, 08:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yup, most of the above for me! I went with the farking gaps though  Cheesy

the most annoying thing for me is that some hair creators make hair that looks awesome from the front,.... until you turn your sim around! yikes! the backs are awful, it's usually free items I get from paysites that do this too, so make you wonder what what their pay meshes are like.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Lorelei
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 15, 08:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
I needed to be able to select more than one of those options Tongue

I had two-three more poll options, one of which was "all of the above / I don't use custom hair" but apparently there's a limit on poll items. Smiley

What 'gap' is?
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 15, 09:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted for 'Five shades of nearly identical blonde, helpfully catted as brown for good measure'

Rose, Peggy and Ren are notorious for this. I want 1 shade in each colourbin, goddammit! I've learned to sort my hair in a 'dummy' game that I just use for making collections, testing stuff etc.
I don't actually mind them not always colourbinning their hair. I usually make my sim's turn ons 'custom hair'. Cheesy
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 15, 11:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to vote for most of them. I can live with the non-animated, the non-colourbinned and 50 near-identical shades.

No, it's the ones that I really like but cut through the body of the sim that get me. Very annoying.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 15, 11:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahhh i want to mark them all!  but i'ma gonna choose gaps......

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
rome_raven
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 15, 16:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My complaint is about the gaps.  If they're binned incorrectly, I can fix that and I do that automatically anyways because even if some creators bin them, the hairs are not in the same family which makes me nuts anyways.  I can't fix the gaps.  I know nothing about meshing and I don't think I have the patience to learn.  And it's actually really starting to bother me when my sim bends over to talk with a child or something and I can see their teeth through the back of their head.

As for the 3 million shades of blond, I can pick and choose what I want.  Take Peggy for example (when I actually used to DL more of her stuff).  Ooh!  4 shades of blonde and only one looks like a natural blonde.  I'll take the natural.  Ooh!  Fire-engine red hair or a more natural orangey shade...too bad I can't recolor, I'll take that orangey one.  Never like mousey brown...so I'll take the chestnut and well, black is black meh!  I'll take that too.  Bin them myself and delete the rest.
WhiteCapricorn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 15, 16:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also add SAU to the colorblind list - the reds and blondes I cannot use in my game, they're makin ME colorblind

Proudly sucking blood from TSR for several years!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 15, 17:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I clicked the colourblind button. :wink:

I don't give a monkey's arse about people who colourbin, because I'm a nut and rebin everything myself, naming everything all cutely (I'm up to Peggy53). What I do, is if there's more than one of the same colour, I open the bin and just go in order clicking open every tab and selecting a colour. If I have four blondes, I choose the nicest and delete the rest. I'm picky about having only one of each shade. If the brown is too light, I choose a darker one.

(AKA I do what rome_raven does.)

Pinks in the red bin I hate the most. Being a redhead, I hate how my hair, the particular shade of my hair, is NEVER simmed...my hair isn't THAT ginger, and it DEFINITELY isn't fauxpink! Sometimes it isn't even pink; it's salmon-coloured...

Oh, just a thing, if anyone wants me to bin anything for them, if they can't be bothered to bin it themselves, don't know how to use the tool, or purely hate it, I'll be happy to serve. I LOVE colourbinning. It's sad, but true. :wink: <3<3<3

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Lorelei
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 15, 17:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to learn how to colourbin, actually. But maybe you have already binned some hairs that I have in my game. We should coordinate. On the off chance I have some hairs you don't. bonus for you!

What 'gap' is?
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 15, 17:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:wink: I know, that's one of the reasons I offer. *winkwinknudgenudge*
Seriously though, I will do it for you. AND I'll teach you to colourbin simply. I never used a tut, I taught myself and it works perfectly; much simpler. Do you want me to write how to in here?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: