PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 03:49:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA: All Your Mesh Are Belong To Us
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA: All Your Mesh Are Belong To Us  (Read 43942 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
EA: All Your Mesh Are Belong To Us
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 08, 00:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOT my tv! I wanna watch teletubbies and see the republicans win the elections! GO BUSH

Inactive
chestylarue
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 08, 00:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
NOT my tv! I wanna watch teletubbies and see the republicans win the elections! GO BUSH

Now thats just going too far.
Kamake
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 08, 00:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think EA always intended stuff to be shared. It was the "creators" who didn't want their items shared on the Exchange because they didn't feel like they were being credited. Even though when you look at the list of custom content it shows the creator's name if there is one. At least for BodyShop and Homecrafter stuff. Objects is a different story I guess.

I never understood why someone would get bent out for shape when one of their walls or floors showed up in a house at the Exchange when all they did was take an image from the internet and turn it into a wall with Homecrafter. Credit for what? Right -clicking?
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 08, 00:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"

When I am depressed, I just pop in my copy of "Teletubbie Autopsy".
Cheers me right up.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
misdirection
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 08, 01:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Horrible, horrible EA! How could they? I mean, ensuring that content offered on their site comes complete with everything needed for the content to work. It's criminal.

Actually, I wish they'd put as much thought into debugging and testing the game as they do improving the exchange.

Well, I think I'm going to go upload some meshes to the exchage now  :twisted: .

Spread the love, y'all, spread the love.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 08, 01:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another dirty little secret about meshes is that most of the people who make them use pirated cracked 3D programs to do it. Of course they won't tell you that. Tongue

I've always wondered if the Exchange the & way the sims2pack files suck everything up like a vacuum was EA's subtle way to help foil paysites. Too bad it's an poorly organized cess pool that no one but lobotomized 10 year olds want to use. Tongue

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 08, 02:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Motoki"
Another dirty little secret about meshes is that most of the people who make them use pirated cracked 3D programs to do it. Of course they won't tell you that. Tongue

I've always wondered if the Exchange the & way the sims2pack files suck everything up like a vacuum was EA's subtle way to help foil paysites. Too bad it's an poorly organized cess pool that no one but lobotomized 10 year olds want to use. Tongue

the one mesh I made (and no, I won't share it, I don't care to have everyone see what crap I made and what a mess I made out of it firsthand, ya'll can go to my sim blog and see it on a model and laugh hysterically) I used a demo of the program. I figure if I need ot make another, I'll do what I always do with timed demos- bookmark the download site and return once a month ~_^
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 08, 02:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yes I suppose there's that too lol. That would be the low tech way to get around registering shareware. Wink

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LubYouPeeps
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 08, 05:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Motoki"

Ummm yeah... *shifty eyes* *sweaps key-gen under poorly textured sim rug*
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 08, 09:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I highly doubt if the biggest pay site owners actually purchased Photoshop or PSP, even though they get enough money. (But hey, ofcourse they cant pay 2k on a stupid programm  Shocked  they have to save for a new kidney ofcourse!)
rosebud
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 08, 10:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, that's why the quality is like a two-bit artwork. Except for a couple of exceptional items I never found anything worth paying anyway. If only EA would hire its own interior designers, make-up artists, or even a plastic surgeons for professional advice for this game then we didn't need to put up with these amateur "designers". I know quality when I look at it.
Twain
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 10, 02:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "twojeffs"
Well now, this whole thing just keeps getting better and better. :mrgreen:

EA actually did a good thing for a change. Imagine that. Did hell freeze over when I wasn't looking?

Nah hell didn't freeze over...just EA screwed up AGAIN..but this time they lucked into something good.

Unfortunately I do have some bad news....this is a bug.  EA didn't intend for this to happen, and they are looking into ways to address this "bug".
From what I've heard, there is a reason that meshes never were included in sims2packs, and they still really don't want them in the packs.  Potential problems with duplicate meshes, and potentially spreading of "bad" meshes are the main reasons that meshes were not intended to be included.

Of course on the bright side..this is another example of how stupid EA is :-/
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 10, 05:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, they said that about hacks, too. And there's a legitimate reason NOT to package hacks. But did they ever stop it? Nope. They just put a "non-Maxis" warning label on it. Odds are they will do nothing about meshes, either, and this is just EA-speak for "lalalala, we're not listening!".

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Chris
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 11, 09:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its not like ea thought we wouldnt create meshes

simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 11, 11:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Twain"
Of course on the bright side..this is another example of how stupid EA is :-/

Lmao.
I actually thought it was great to have meshes included into SimPackages, it would make Sims sharing way easier.
Bu then again a bunch of creators would pop up complaining about "illegal" redistribuition of their meshes, so..  :?

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: