PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 15:08:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA: All Your Mesh Are Belong To Us
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA: All Your Mesh Are Belong To Us  (Read 43972 times)
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
EA: All Your Mesh Are Belong To Us
« Reply #90 on: 2006 November 14, 00:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rated a LOT of shit there 1. Of course, the sheep quickly burried any impact that had.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Mat Cauthon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 November 14, 01:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So YOU were the one that rated my story a "1"! Tongue

You know I think it should be more about quality instead of quanity.  If people stopped begging for nice comments and thanks, at least they would then know that most of the ones they got were sincere and not because someone felt compelled to push a button to keep them creating.  I will admit to pushing the thanks button just because someone asked me to in their post.  I do try to be nice, but the posts that I actually write are the real deal.  I won't gush over something if I think it is crap.  (I don't say its crap either, I just kind of leave the thread.)

Mat
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 November 14, 01:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are times when it's better to say nothing, huhu.
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 November 14, 01:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Benjamina"
Yeah, I think it's been said time and time again, and yet it is still worth repeating, MTS2 is not the place you want to go to give an honest opinion that extends beyond "Thanks, this is great!"

Heaven help you if you actually give an honest critique there!

I gave constructive criticism once on an object at MTS2.  I was even nice, which is unusual for me.  Boy, did I get blasted.  And yes, the entire thread for the object was full of "OMG wow what a fantastic thing, can I have your babies!?"

Learned my lesson, I have.

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
When people hold their stuff hostage for lack of attention, I just stop reading it.

Gee, and I wonder why they do that.  Maybe it's because most of those stories suck bilgewater so badly that the only way to get reviews is by holding the chapters hostage?

I really dislike those people.

I dislike even more the ones who suddenly post a chapter that is, in its entirety, an author's note saying they got religion and will be deleting everything, then come back for another round with another travesty of a chapter.  Huh?

Quote from: "Mat Cauthon"
I can see both sides of this issue.  I remember when I wrote a sim story and posted it a few places (sims2community included) I did whine a little because I thought my story was a lot better than most of the stories there and those other stories were getting way more readers and worshipful praise than mine was.

It's childish but it's not.  There's plenty of crap out there, be it objects, clothing, hair, stories (and even fanfiction), and plenty of sheep who all scream like dying things in order that they might express their worship of the author and their boundless creativity, blah blah blah.

From what I can see, the twits frequently get ten times the praise from the sheeple herd, not because they're good, but because the herd is reading/viewing at their own level.

I've been reading a lot of legacy stories lately.  Most of them seem to be written by people with a sub-par IQ and absolutely no command of the English language, but boy do they get praise!

(Then again, even some of those show up as reviewers for my own stories.  I'm really not sure what to think.)
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 November 14, 01:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Phelim"
Gee, and I wonder why they do that.  Maybe it's because most of those stories suck bilgewater so badly that the only way to get reviews is by holding the chapters hostage?

I really dislike those people.

Not all of them.  I wouldn't have read it to begin with if it I didn't think it was any good, though it's been a while since I did the fan fiction thing so my tastes may have changed.  :wink:  There are plenty of otherwise talented people that do things that irritate the hell out of me, and while I do appreciate their work, their antics make me appreciate it that much less.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 November 14, 01:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave constructive criticism once on an object at MTS2.  I was even nice, which is unusual for me.  Boy, did I get blasted.  And yes, the entire thread for the object was full of "OMG wow what a fantastic thing, can I have your babies!?"

I remember, the one thing I ever saw rather less that 4 stars, on MTS2, was someone took that comfy looking brown leather couch, and they stretched the top of it upwards, so it looked all distorted and weird, and posted that. Some people said 'Wow, that's shit', others said 'this doesn't meet quality standards', but at least an equal amount of people said 'Wow, that's really interesting, that's great for a first effort, it looks like something out of a horror movie, THANKS FOR POSTING IT!!!"11'

Which was madness.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 November 14, 01:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Not all of them.  I wouldn't have read it to begin with if it I didn't think it was any good, though it's been a while since I did the fan fiction thing so my tastes may have changed.  :wink:  There are plenty of otherwise talented people that do things that irritate the hell out of me, and while I do appreciate their work, their antics make me appreciate it that much less.

No, not all of them, just many. Still, a good author should have no need to beg for reviews, and a confident one, or one who does it for their own enjoyment, shouldn't be holding chapters hostage. Smiley

(I know, there are way too many people like me who are appreciative, and yet never can think of anything to say in a review.)

And here is a totally unsolicited example of a fanfiction author who frosts my cookies:

Warning: ALL OTHER FICS ARE ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHUR NOTICE...If you really want me to continue with the other fics... email me and ask! I really don't think you guys like my other fics... sobs pathetically

Either way, I must apologize.  You see, I read badfic as a hobby and then go mock it in a livejournal community.  It colours my thinking, you know?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 November 14, 01:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either way, I must apologize.  You see, I read badfic as a hobby and then go mock it in a livejournal community.  It colours my thinking, you know?

Like PotterSues? God I love that community.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 November 14, 02:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Like PotterSues? God I love that community.

Rather like that, but I'm not them. Smiley  They are on my friends list, though, because I admire their dedication.  I keep wanting to do the Asylum Challenge with seven Mary Sues from that journal as the uncontrollables, you know?

Quote from: "jesserocket"
I remember, the one thing I ever saw rather less that 4 stars, on MTS2, was someone took that comfy looking brown leather couch, and they stretched the top of it upwards, so it looked all distorted and weird, and posted that. Some people said 'Wow, that's shit', others said 'this doesn't meet quality standards', but at least an equal amount of people said 'Wow, that's really interesting, that's great for a first effort, it looks like something out of a horror movie, THANKS FOR POSTING IT!!!"11'

Well, at least there was a point in time when one could be honest, even if one wasn't entirely kind about it.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 November 14, 03:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave so much a 1 on MTS2 it's not even funny. I give less than a damn about someone's e-penis. If it's shit, it's shit.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2006 November 14, 03:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

e-penis. Aquamarine, I love you, run away with me?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 November 14, 03:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, but I'm expensive.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 November 14, 03:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was choking too hard to reply quick enough!

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 November 14, 03:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that comment is so incredibly exploitable...
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 November 14, 03:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go ahead, make me write bad code.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: