PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:36:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Coco Sims Closing! Another paysite Destroyed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coco Sims Closing! Another paysite Destroyed!  (Read 22698 times)
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Coco Sims Closing! Another paysite Destroyed!
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 05, 22:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"
Their stuff was alright, I downloaded some purely because it was for guys - which is hard to find. Aleesha has started uploaded to ModTheSims2 now fyi.

I don't understand why everyone says they have such a hard time finding clothing for males. When my CC folder got to 4 gigs, and I had to clean it up. I had twice the amount of clothes for my males, than I did for females. Even in child clothing. Maybe, I'm more particular about downloading female clothing? I have 44 websites saved in my favs, of those I visit maybe 5 of them everyday to see if there are any new goodies. The rest I'll click on from time to time just to see if they have any new updates, because I've downloaded something from them. This one Coco's? Another one I've never downloaded from. I've been to most of them when I did the fan site listings. But, never saved their site or downloaded from them. Even when I was going through the pages to see what they had there. Clothing just ain't my thing. Give me some jeans and t-shirts, a few shorts. I'm happy.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 05, 22:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People come in all shapes, sizes, colours and beliefs. Who cares to catagorize them? I'm short and fat, will never again will see a size eight. I'm now a size twenty and while I don't like that I carry excess body baggage, it's what I live with and accept. My daughter, on the other hand, is slender as a wand and tall to boot. But even at age five, she was worried that she needed to "lose a few pounds" because some idiot boys at school called her fat. Turns out their mothers gave them an odd idea of what was normal because they were spaced out on crack most of the time and you could count their ribs underneath their tube tops. Frankly, people are people. You can do one of two things: accept them as they are or reject them. After being rejected most of my life by my own family because I won't knuckle under, I tend to let people have enough rope to hang themselves with before I reject them. So. We all see something different as "regular" and "normal." Few agree even between themselves what that is. But we can all recognize a fucknut when we see one... Smile, it makes people wonder what you're plotting!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 05, 23:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At my first job my manager gave me the best advice for dealing with unruly customers and people that annoy you  in general give them an eat shit grin and go on, but keep grinning!  :lol:

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 05, 23:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
People come in all shapes, sizes, colours and beliefs. Who cares to catagorize them? I'm short and fat, will never again will see a size eight.

You and me both. lol But I don't care what people think about me. I'm kinda lucky because I am so tall and have really long legs. So I carry my weight a little better, than a lot of women that weigh the same as I do. Except for my arms and shoulders. I have always had football player shoulders. They use to tell me I am all legs, a pea body and football player shoulders. I'm 5'7 and I wear a 12 to a 14, depending on how the clothes are made. Size 5 is just a figment of my imagination now. I have to get tall sizes because my legs really are disproportionate to my body. In mens jeans I need a 35/36 length. My dad who was 6'5 only wore a 33, and both my exhange students from Sweden that were over 6'5 only wore a 34/35 length. Maybe I really am just a set of leg with a pea body, broad shoulders, and long monkey arms. hehe So like you said we really are all shaped differently. I've seen women that weigh 90 pounds that are just as big as someone that weighs 150 pounds because of their height, bone structure, etc...I say who cares as long as were happy. If people don't like me, who asked them to look? Talk to me? I look at it this way Misery loves company. No way am I going to allow someone else to make me miserable. It's not my fault that they're so miserable in their own existence, they have to try and make others miserable. Just so they can be happy.

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 06, 00:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, this has been posted on her/him/it's site since this thread was started?  :shock: Sorry, I'm behind here.  :wink:

Thanks for your support we are now closed  
Hey folks it's been a great year. Unfortunately I'm closing the site because I have to focus on my acting  :roll:  Things are going great, I'm moving to LA in July (been going back and forth between NY and LA A LOT the last few months. I unfortunately dont have time to sim. Current members I'll just keep your accounts active. New members, I'm not offering the member stuff for download anymore. I will be deleting the VIP site in March. I may post updates here in there in the free section as I have time. Thanks again folks. God-speed and good luck.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 06, 09:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
I don't want to be a model. Which is good for me cuz I'd like need to halve my weight  :lol:

So would I, and I'm only sixty-five kilos!!

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 06, 12:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

I don't understand why everyone says they have such a hard time finding clothing for males. Give me some jeans and t-shirts, a few shorts. I'm happy.

Well, I know that for the most part, I just want to dress my sim males in tshirts and jeans, except the occasion where I'd like them dressed a bit nicer, but without all that tight jean sparkle glam.  I find it easier to find women's clothing in general, than men's clothing I like. (beyond the t-shirt and jeans)

*edited because I left out a sentence, and I didn't quite make sense.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 06, 23:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "chemistrycourtney"
Quote from: "HawkGirl"

I don't understand why everyone says they have such a hard time finding clothing for males. Give me some jeans and t-shirts, a few shorts. I'm happy.

Well, I know that for the most part, I just want to dress my sim males in tshirts and jeans, except the occasion where I'd like them dressed a bit nicer, but without all that tight jean sparkle glam.  I find it easier to find women's clothing in general, than men's clothing I like. (beyond the t-shirt and jeans)

*edited because I left out a sentence, and I didn't quite make sense.

I have the opposite problem I can't find women's clothing I would dress in or feel comfortable in, except for a few pairs of jeans I found and some T-shirts. I made my own shorts and shirt for some gym clothes, that they could also wear for everyday. I have three outfits in eveningwear and that's it. I'm not real fond of Maxi's or anyone else's for that matter. If I'm going downtown to go bowling I'm not going to wear some big balloon type evening gown. Or if I'm just going out to eat or dancing. Only time my Sims even wear evening gowns is for weddings. I don't do the modeling thing or the awards thing. But, I have several pairs of Levi's, cowboy outfits, T-shirts etc...for my men. I don't download anything that even remotely looks feminine for my males. Even if they're gay. Of all the gay men I have known in my life, and I've known a lot my ex roomate did the shows as different actresses, etc. along with all his friends. None of them dressed like that except for a show. Other than that they dressed just like any other man I knew. There were a few that were taking estrogen, etc...that liked to wear make-up, dress up, from time to time, but even they were into classy styles, or everyday female styles. They wanted to fit in as a female not stand out as a male trying to be a female. None were into the goddy looking clothes for everyday wear.

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 07, 00:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@hawkgirl.  I can see that.  It can be difficult to find a happy medium for the sim women between knock around the house clothes, and red carpet.  I have some stuff from MTS2, that's in between the 2 extremes, but most of my female clothes come from Poison Pink Lemons.  

For the males, I have enough jeans and t-shirts (untucked and not).  I would like some "smart" looking outfits.  Like, an "I look nice" outfit, that isn't a suit.   and isn't "emo".  Emo isn't my style, and I avoid it on my sims, unless I'm trying to make an Emo sim.  It usually looks bad though.  My gay sims cannot be distinguished from my straight sims on clothing style.  Just on partner choice.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 07, 02:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://eyecandy.tuuliaproductions.net/ has some good t-shirts and jeans for females. Migamoo at mts2 also has some good simple stuff for both men and women. I think I get most of my male clothes at mts2, actually -- you have to dig through the emo/goth/girly a bit, but there's a lot there. I also like aikeaguinea's shirts from the booty.

What I'd like to know, is why so many creators insist on using too-skinny SimChic meshes for things like t-shirts and jeans.

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 07, 02:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, I must be a freak in this community. I don't celebrate when a site closes down entirely, I celebrate when a site goes from pay to entirely free or decides to just upload everything to MTS2. I don't like driving creators to stop completely, I just want them to stop charging.

I don't know this girl personally and have never had any dealings with her, but from what I've heard of her dealings with others in business matters (ie, money) she kind of sucked. Those aren't the only complaints I've heard about not receiving anything for money paid. This is why, at the very least, paysite owners should be held accountable for quality and service to their customers.

Also, if you've ever had a recurring agreement with anyone using paypal, you should be able to terminate it at any time by deleting the agreement in your account. Then you can file a dispute over items not received.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 07, 04:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
I dunno, I must be a freak in this community. I don't celebrate when a site closes down entirely, I celebrate when a site goes from pay to entirely free or decides to just upload everything to MTS2. I don't like driving creators to stop completely, I just want them to stop charging.

You're not alone.

I don't want creators to go away or stop creating (unless they are Carla Niven), and I, too, prefer to help paysites go free rather than burn them to the ground.

Most paysite people are not bad people, just misguided. The greedtrolls and "1337 haxx0rz" and butthurt slandering gossipers make the rest of them look bad.

I want to help them avoid being sued into oblivion by EA and copyright holders like Disney, from resorting to illegal behaviors such as DDOS attacks, and from being hated and reviled by those of us who obey the law and EA guidelines for filesharing.

If they choose not to accept our help, then they are fair game, and THEN I do not mind at all if their sites go down in flames.

And I will throw a party the day TSR goes toes up like a dead Norwegian Blue.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 07, 04:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather see them go free than leave, to be honest. Most of the stuff I've found for free was made with loving care because it was something the person truly cared about. They did it because they enjoy the hobby and from what I've heard, some folks spend many a happy hour figuring out how in the hell to do the work that would make me into even more of a blithering idiot. And Lorelei, how bout when they go toes up, we put them on the telly instead of the penguin?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 07, 05:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly wish Jan would just go away. Back to her home planet. I don't care if she releases all her stuff for free. They're tainted with crazy.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 07, 05:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we nail that dead Norweigan Blue to the telly too?

I don't want to see certain 'paysites' close either, I take no joy in that.  But if it's only because they can no longer draw income, and thus the community's fault somehow, then screw 'em.

I'd love to see some sort of Darwinian experiment where all paysites put up voluntary donation buttons for one month, see who actually gets what they have (or don't have) coming to them...as you can tell, I've not thought this out very well.  Our A/C broke.  Yeah, that's it...

*Edited.  I also have swollen glands and forgot what thread I was in.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: