PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:00:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Another good Free Site has left...A little help?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another good Free Site has left...A little help?  (Read 4054 times)
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
Another good Free Site has left...A little help?
« on: 2007 March 11, 08:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lamentably, I just discovered that Sim Guys has apparently closed down. This makes me very sad, as they had a lot of good clothes specifically for the male sim. This also distresses me mightily, since I had a bit of a problem with my game and my Downloads folder has been wiped clean. I am quite desperate to retrieve a mesh that I had downloaded from there if anyone can help me out. Here is a picture of what the mesh/clothing looks like:

I fortunately had the sense to package up my favorite Sim that I've created on my own, but I need to track down the meshes for him, and the clothes mesh is the only one that I seem to have a problem getting a hold of. If anyone could help me recover this mesh, I would be eternally grateful.  Cool

ETA: Oh, damn it. I posted in the wrong forum, didn't I? *smacks self silly* Sorry about that. If PirateBooty would like to move this thread into the Arr? forum, that'd be great. Sorry about that. Apparently I can't multitask too well. Sad
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 11, 15:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read his message you'd see he isn't gone for good.  He'll be back.  (And I know that doesn't help you on your mesh hunt right now. ;p)

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Kid
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 11, 17:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought all the content used was picked up when you packaged a sim in BodyShop,  maybe you still have the needed meshes.
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 11, 20:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know (hope?) he'll be back, but I was hoping that someone out there might have the mesh that I'm looking for so I wouldn't have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time to get my Sim working properly again.

And I checked the packaged Sim, and no, the mesh is not included since I don't have Pets. Sad
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 12, 00:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could try contacting him. I dont think he makes meshes so he would have either linked to the mesh or included it in the download file.
That shorts mesh looks like it is one of RabidAngels (SimChic/SimsConnection), go to your downloads folder and search for: MESH_RabidAngelamATHBoardShorts
She allows redistribution of her meshes so he should have included it.

His site has been closed for awhile, since Elau closed.
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 12, 01:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, as it turns out, the mesh was from a completely different site, DJSims. I was pointed in that direction by someone from The Sims 2 Communnity (le gasp!). Thanks for the advice though.

Although I still say that it's a shame that a free site such as Sims Guys has closed down, even if it is only temporarily.
lucy_fell
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 12, 07:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim Guys closed down for a while before, but they reopened. So I hope this is only temporary. It's one of my favorite sites for male clothing.  Sad

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. Denimjo, where is your avatar from, and is it gankable for use on lj (with heaps of credit and boobies, of course)?
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 12, 11:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lucy_fell"
Oh, and I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. Denimjo, where is your avatar from, and is it gankable for use on lj (with heaps of credit and boobies, of course)?

It's already ON LJ. ^^ :wink: I got it off there last year sometime. I'd assume the answer is yes...but I'll shut up so he can answer. :oops:  :lol:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 12, 19:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm hoping this one comes back as well. Decent male clothing (that isn't shemale, frumpy Maxis recolors, TSR fodder, or weird bondage gear) is already at a premium.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: