PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:30:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  ok i'm confused
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ok i'm confused  (Read 28593 times)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 09, 02:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've joined, and posted some, but it's not really for me...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
anniepie
Landlubber

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 09, 02:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK well  I guess I over reacted a little...

at first sight it was just rules rules rules.  There was just too much for me to take in and it was quite frustrating.  I took some more time to read through stuff (because this site was down :? ) and it's not all that bad I guess...the wishlist thig is just seems time consuming.

I admit that I am new to file sharring so I didn't get the whole secrecy thing at first.  I can't believe what slime bags the paysite owners are that they would be stalking people, that is just crazy!  

anyway...thanks for the insight!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 09, 06:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've registred to SFV recently (to get some gossip... I'm addicted).

I don't have anything specific to ask. I'm actually trying to keep my downloads low. Moreover, I'm not playing the game until winter holidays.

I also prefer when you can simply lurk and steal pretty much everything. Fast and easy service. That's my kind of thing. Cheesy
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 09, 07:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SFV is for people who know what they want. I prefer to browse and find stuff that looks interesting. The lists on SFV tell me nothing about what it is.
Here, all files are centralized and I can easily go to a site and *see* for myself what is being shared instead of 1 or 2 items each from a zillion sites.
I have no idea what is out there.  In the past, if I saw a paypal button, I wouldnt even bother entering.
I haven't made a wishlist yet because all I could say in would be "Stuff".

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: ok i'm confused
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 09, 07:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "anniepie"
Re: ok i'm confused

-- Clearly

Quote from: "anniepie"
I found another file share site and that place is just confusing as all hell.  They say make a wishlist?  But wait you can't make a wishlist until you make so many posts.  Then they are like you can't see what we got, you have to beg??  And then they want a donation on top of all that WTF!

The best part, I ran across an announcement that said they need to raise their donation rates lol what a joke!

Am I confused or are they?

not worth it, too much trouble, what a pain in the ass!

No Thank You

OK I'm new and I'm sure there have been other things said about said site and it's old already but so what!  I want to bitch because I just found it and I think it sucks!  Stepping down now....

It's definately you and if we suck then you don't have to join us there.

SFV has been sharing files for years before PMBD.  We have a different set up, because after years of being shut down and seeing other sites being shut down within the sim community we hacked out a system that worked for us and our members and until recently it was the only *sharing* system available and I am almost certain PMBD obtianed the majority of the files they offer to you through our crappy set up.  :roll:

The reason we make you post 3 whole times to make you see the WL area was because we had spies just sifting the lists.  Our rules, rules, rules are for the protection of our members, because yes our sharing styles are different  - a style we haven't changed since PMBD opened a few months ago.  I can bet if you'd have stumbled upon us beforehand, our system would not have detered you.

We didn't think to purchase hosting in Kuala Lumpur, SIH simply purchased a server so we wouldn't have our hosting pulled out from underneath us.  How we share files and our donation system (unfortunately for us we don't have people stupid enough to donate $40 to our site) have all grown out of the history of what we know about filesharing.  Everything we have done, SIH has put into the site, alot of which she pocketed, was done just so simmers could have a place to share payfiles.  To me that will never "suck"

Further, if you spent a few minutes on the board you'd find a bunch of really kind people who love to help you out, and just about bend over backward to send you anything your heart desires, whereas here if you are looking for something in particular they send you to the SFV.  Hmmm

Quote from: "Pescado"
Yeah, I found it to be a pain in the neck also, but some people like it because it allows them to get specific files faster. Me, I find it too "social", too cliquey, too inefficient. Hence the "shut up and eat your files" method here.

For someone who seems to dislike us and only say negative things about our forum you certainly grace us with your presence often enough.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 09, 07:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has been credit given to SFV for the booty. Its kinda hard to find. Kinda like your place.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
ok i'm confused
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 09, 08:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lemmiwinks

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 09, 08:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Sherry, for posting that. The newbies hating on SFV was starting to grate on me, particularly because it's so fucking easy for them to say anything because all they have to do is click and download. They're not the ones who had to get the files up there in the first place. Of course they're not going to like anything else that wasn't "point and click." :roll:

Without SFV, there would be no PMBD, period. I don't even want to think how Pescado himself would get the huge amount of files we have up on the Booty. He can knock the way we share at SFV all he wants (and my goodness, how I hear about it!) but of course it's easy for him - he just has to sit there and have a bunch of us from SFV upload it for him. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that he had the balls to come up with a way for us to do it without repercussions, and I'm grateful for the server space too. But, like I said, the Booty had to come from somewhere, and he ain't the one who's shopping for it, or offering files out of his own pocket.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 09, 10:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Precisely. SFV really has a special place in my heart, not only because of the fact that it was the first full scale forum I'd seen like it, but because the people there are just fantastic. I agree that the rules can seem somewhat overwhelming at first, but it is really simple once you get into the swing of things. Also, if you have any problems getting the hang of it, almost anyone over there would be willing to help you get settled in.

Yes, you do have to know what you want, and you are expected to repay by sharing what you recieve. The system works. Pescado is just old and has a long beard, and lacks in social graces. Tongue

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 09, 10:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And just what is wrong with being old and lacking social grace?

siggylove
Landlubber

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 09, 11:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a nice community Sherry, and thanks to you all for getting us the booty, my thanks to Pescado too for making it even easier to obtain.

'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotamy
fat_n_ugly
Landlubber

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 09, 11:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't know what the guys who say sfv is confusing are talking about...i'm new to SFV (a week now) and to filesharing in general, and didn't find it confusing at all...of course, i took the time to read all the rules and stickys (by the way the first pm your receive from the staff is really helpful, once you've been through it you are ok). They even took the time to translate it in different languages!  I also find that people are really nice...and u get specific files faster then here (where not all the sites are hosted).
anyways thanks for making me discover SFV.. i believe it's a great site
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 09, 12:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but I must be the only one here who has no idea of what site you all are talking about. Could I please implore you kind people for a link or even a full name so I can google it myself?  :oops:
dr.philthy
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 09, 14:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was really touched by the generosity and helpfulness there.
Within days people sent me everything I had asked for.
One person sent me a HUGE rar of practically everything from the TSR medieval theme.Some person who never met me spent twenty mins uploading a file of an ungodly size just because some stranger wanted it in their game.

Give 'er.
woes_wee
Landlubber

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 09, 15:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sherry Blue and Surely for putting it all nice and neat for me. Darn thoughts never come out that pretty.

All those things said though i also have to add on those rules and that safety thing. While it may not be all that important to some especially newer members who have not yet experienced it. The fact remains that while we have no problem with file sharing a good part of the community does.

All those pain in the ass rules came from experiences where at least one usually more then one member was banned from someplace or one member had their info shared between places.
That is why those things are like they are because SIH and the founders and older members took their experiences from sharing back in Sims one days and carried them through and used them to help so that Newer sharers would not be put through all the bull shit they went through.

Personally I have been there maybe 2 years and I have seen it go through a lot of changes trying to find a way that worked. So far this one has worked best.

I guess sometimes for some though it takes getting banned and having your info shared all over to see that angle of it where safety becomes a real concern and all.

BUT then many will never experience that cause they are simply here downloading while others are putting their info and identities on the line to get the files.
Especially now with this new found interest in sharing and the whole retail sims  drama pouring light on the subject and mroe pay site owners fearing they may lose a dime or two Now the crap will hit the fanm and believe me when I tell ya those asshats (thanks to whomever coined that phrase it is my new favorite) will stop at Nothing to protect their income. they will take to sending fake layer letters they will ban folks share info about folks sit and read these posts
 Look at the lists of referrers to see if anyone comes from this site to theirs then take that IP and share it all over amongst them.
Believe me seen it and experienced it.

Anyone want to check out how long SIH and members have been fighting these morons.
 A little history so to speak of the whole file sharing thing
Code:
http://p079.ezboard.com/bsimitemhunter

Check out the old board.
Some of the bigger named sites whining and groaning and threatening
Yet SIH and many of us are still here sharing passing on what they went through to help us get to this stage
 so while it may not be perfect
It surely is working it has lasted this long
SFV will be 4 this year I think? and that is not counting the years they were on EZboard and yahoo etc

Oh and If you get there and need help All ya gotta do is ask.
Pm a mod
 PM me is ya want
Any one of the members there are always more then happy to lend a hand to help show folks around and get them started

Wee
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: