PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:58:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Carla Niven must be destroyed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 187 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Carla Niven must be destroyed!  (Read 699441 times)
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Carla Niven must be destroyed!
« Reply #135 on: 2006 November 12, 23:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silverfish"
So I wasted 7 minutes and 17 seconds of my life watching that fashion show.  The least she could have done was turn the plumbobs off.

I thought it was funny that partway through it one of the Sims stood up--for a moment I thought it was because he was so upset by how bad it was, but then I realised he just needed to pee.  Sims are blind.  Tongue
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2006 November 12, 23:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"

I thought it was funny that partway through it one of the Sims stood up--for a moment I thought it was because he was so upset by how bad it was, but then I realised he was just jealous of Carla Niven's weave.

Fixed.  :wink:
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 November 12, 23:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, silly me.  :wink:  On the inside we're all jealous of her weave, ohyes.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2006 November 12, 23:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Quote from: "Plum"
Her CC isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be though.

Would you pay $15 a month to access it?

There are few things I would pay $15 a month for.  But, yeah... $15 a month for that crap?  Yikes.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 November 12, 23:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Oh, silly me.  :wink:  On the inside we're all jealous of her weave, ohyes.

Hell, I'm jealous of her weave on the outside!!

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
confidentials
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 November 13, 00:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not 100% sure, I think it's some sort of sim soap...with glamourous fashion designer Carla Niven in it!! And her rockstar ex-husband!!

I'm tempted to request the calendar.  I wonder if it is a donation item...  :shock:
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 November 13, 00:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you'll be sooooooooo lukcy if you can get a real live piece of Carla Niven merch FOR FREE!!! <3

*snickers*

I can't get over how astoundingly trashy that calendar is....

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 November 13, 00:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when she first opened her site she had something up about people giving her feedback for her site since it was brand new and she was new to this, so I emailed her and gave her some suggestions about the use of dark purple font and black background (like anyone could read it) and various other things all i got for a response was "thanks, the site is still a work in progress check it out again" then the next time I checked out the site (like 2 weeks later i think) it was a pay site and she was emailing me her updates along with anybody else who has ever emailed her (like i needed to know she added one outfit this week and then get to her site to see the pic is too dark to tell what it looks like but its $3 to download it lol)
So I emailed her after getting several of those updates ("no ones visiting or buying anything! please buy something!")
[removed what I already explained above]
The price per outfit is pretty high compared to other pay sites...$1.50 or more per outfit? When you can get a month-long subscription to simultaneous design, simchic, sims2luxe, or simsconnection for $5...Honestly, if I were going to spend money on a pay site, it would be for one of them, not only do they have lots of stuff, but they have some quality items there, and I can download as much as I want while I have the subscription and its cheaper (than your site)...they get insane amounts of visitors per month...they use the donations to pay for their hosting/server fees, and whatever is extra is profit....Your cost per month is 3xs that amount....and you're on free hosting (based on your domain name--if it were pay you wouldnt have to include their name in your url) so you can't even guarantee that if anyone pays the $15 for a month subscription to your site that they will get to use it because your site could be down with a "bandwidth exceeded" message at any point in time. Obviously you're doing the whole pay thing to make money because my (free) site's hosting is about $15 a month and I don't even use 10% of my hosting plan!

You'd probably make more money if you switched to pay hosting, found a good website layout (there are tons of free templates out there), and lowered the monthly donation price....and explain to people why they should pay for 1 month of your site when they could instead pay for more than sub to another site (or something unrelated to the game)...a "why donate" page like most other pay sites have.
Anyways I just wanted to let you know why I am not going to be going to your site so there is no point in sending me updates I didn't ask for. So please remove me from the list of people you send these email updates to.

Of course I was trying to be nice and make suggestions for improvement, not trying to attack her (I'm sure people could say the same bad things about the stuff I make lol but then again my site is entirely free and we've gotten enough voluntary donations to pay for almost a whole year of hosting lol)....Her response:
My site hosting isn't free.  I'm glad you brought that point up because I will call them and ask them to drop their name from my site since I'm paying good money for it to keep the pop ups and free ads off.
I have removed you from the mailing list so you will not receive anymore.

Thankfully she stopped filling up my inbox with her "updates", unfortunately I think she lied about the other part...even if she is paying them for hosting, their most expensive hosting plan is $15 a month (the same price as her monthly subscription fee for her site) and none of her domains would have "netfirms" in the url, yet all of them do.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2006 November 13, 00:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carla Niven's weave is blocking her from understanding the concept of constructive criticism...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
VULTURE
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Carla Niven must be destroyed!
« Reply #144 on: 2006 November 13, 00:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: MistressofMerlin
Has anyone seen this site?
It reeks of a paysite-to-be-destroyed on so many levels.
To start with, this idiot wants $15.00 per month, or pay per file, and they are charging $1.50 each for a top and bottom. That's right you need to buy them individually. The preview images are all shot in the dark on some very unattractive models and it still doesn't make the clothes look any better.

If the fugly clothes aren't enough, they are also using other peoples creations as bases without credit.
from the sites info page
Please respect the copyright. The content on this site is for your personal use in the game, nothing more. That means no modifying, no taking parts of my alphas or textures, no redistributing or taking credit for my work. If you have questions about this, please contact me.

Who would pay $15.00 per month for stuff that looks like crap, and is copied from other sites including Boutique Emile, and then uglified?
I would normally subsrcibe, download the site and then shove it in their face that its being shared, but I don't think anyone would even want this...
They even have a sale section where you can get really crappy crap for $4.00.

I wrote an email to let him know that I thought his site sucked. Feel free to join in and laugh at this crap site.
http://www.carlaniven.netfirms.com/page%202.htm

-Missy
[btw I'm adding uploading new peggy hair for Pes now]

Oh my / MistressofMerlin

What outrageous you must have been when you came across this / and you even wrote a email.....  :shock: / wow / that must have been an effort with you .
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2006 November 13, 00:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i just did a domain check after i posted and it turns out she did buy the domain carlaniven.com on Nov. 1st

and it is already set up with the same entrance and homepage layout you guys have been discussing  :lol:
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
Re: Carla Niven must be destroyed!
« Reply #146 on: 2006 November 13, 00:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "VULTURE"
What outrageous you must have been when you came across this / and you even wrote a email.....  :shock: / wow / that must have been an effort with you .

Irony much?

Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 November 13, 00:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carla Niven's weave is blocking her from understanding the concept of constructive criticism...

Kind of like how a tinfoil hat protects one from t3h_alienz?

Aww, Vulture's such a sweetheart.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2006 November 13, 00:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EXACTLY like that, yes.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,