PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 13:49:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Carla Niven must be destroyed!
0 Members and 22 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 187 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Carla Niven must be destroyed!  (Read 744802 times)
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
Carla Niven must be destroyed!
« Reply #1245 on: 2007 April 14, 21:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mattie, I'm pretty sure that if Carla Niven & Co. weren't pay, no-one would make fun of them. It. Whatever.

This community, ourselves included, is full of weird and often silly stuff: no-one blame that, here, only pay ones: just take a look around in this forum, you'll find respect for anyone... who doesn't mock us demanding money. That's all.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1246 on: 2007 April 14, 21:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I think there'd still be people taking the mickey out of them even if they weren't pay. It's because they're so damn amusing, above everything else. Part of this is the "pay" factor though, I agree.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Mattie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: 2007 April 14, 22:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you'll find respect for anyone... who doesn't mock us demanding money. That's all.

But that was my exact point.  Mock Carl-WTF-ever, I have no issues with that, and in fact agree with OMGWTF-ness of both the downloads offered and that she or he or whatever expects people to pay.  But the other sites and further community that in and of itself has nothing to do with the paysite issue in any way, and that Niven just happens to be a part of is what I was objecting to.

I'm as anti-paysite as anyone else, especially ones with so much fugliness, but leave the rest alone.  Live and let live and all that.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 2007 April 14, 22:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phorum may have been established with an anti-paysite sentiment, but that doesn't mean that all discussion will always be about paysites.  This is just as much about the Sims and the community in general as it is about paysites.  I have rarely seen a thread on MATY or on PMBD that has stayed on course for any extended amount of time without discussion branching off into other topics.  Like in the real world.

If it's bad, it's bad--whether we're being forced to "donate" for it or it's open for public consumption.

You whining about people picking on non-paysite communities is equally "off-topic".  What does defending these people have to do with paysites?  Nothing.  So shush.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1249 on: 2007 April 14, 22:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mattie the site is funny. When things are funny you laugh and poke fun a bit. Do you not understand the concept of that? This feels like when I was younger and my mom kept telling me to stop making fun of my cousin although he had a booger hanging out of his nose and that was FUNNY.

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1250 on: 2007 April 14, 22:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Mattie.   Making fun of sim RPGers, or even CN with his extra life where he is a woman who is marrying someone named Andrew, that's really not that interesting, and isn't what this forum is about.  That stuff belongs in arr?  not here.  I seem to remember a thread on here a few months ago about a site that was nothing but a Sims roleplay forum.  Everyone looked, said "hmm, not for me" and then that was the end of it.
But Mattie, you have to understand, you got offended after only a few people made off-hand comments about how they didn't understand the rpg stuff.  *shrug*  Not worth starting a duh-rama fight over, really.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2007 April 14, 22:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My father encourages sarcasm and ridiculing others.  Can't be raising weenie children.

ETA: This thread is about CN, so I would imagine that all aspects of Cardew are, if not all the other stuff for being "off-topic", open for mocking and discussion.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1252 on: 2007 April 14, 23:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"

ETA: This thread is about CN, so I would imagine that all aspects of Cardew are, if not all the other stuff for being "off-topic", open for mocking and discussion.

Seconded.  I meant to mention that the the other post Tongue

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1253 on: 2007 April 15, 01:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All fandoms and hobby sites of any kind are silly and worthy of mocking.

Once you forget that and become humourless and offensensitive (tm Bloom County), you have only yourself to blame for any trauma and unhappiness.

Pretending to be a Sim is harmless but kooky, just like people who pretend their pets are capable of using the Internet and conversing.

But the kookiness is going to make people ROTFL, so get a thicker skin and try to see the silliness of the concept.

You're upset because people think that pretending to be a pixel paper doll is 100% pure LOLlity? You have lost perspective and need to take a minibreak from the Intarwebz. It has ceased to be fun for you if you care so much about other people's opinions about your Happy Fun Hobby Activities.

All hobby sites and fandoms are funny. But even more funny are people who take them SOOOOOO seriously.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 2007 April 15, 10:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As always, Lorelei makes perfect sense. I'm a roleplayer myself, though not with Sims. I know exactly how nerdy it is, and sometimes I just want to laugh at myself. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it though.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: 2007 April 15, 12:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm an RPer as well, but I'd never stoop to the level of pretending I WAS the character.

And as Ensign said perfectly well; all aspects of CN will be mocked in here. ALL aspects.

Plus these people are interviewing "Carla", so they're still connected to she/he/it.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1256 on: 2007 April 15, 19:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
I'm an RPer as well, but I'd never stoop to the level of pretending I WAS the character.

And as Ensign said perfectly well; all aspects of CN will be mocked in here. ALL aspects.

Plus these people are interviewing "Carla", so they're still connected to she/he/it.

Saffy dear that is what a role player is. They play the role of the character. So you do pretend like you are the character.

Anyhow now that the undesirable has left the thread. I'd like to say that I believe cardrew went to an all new low with that outfit for sims 1

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1257 on: 2007 April 15, 22:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I RP in third person, haha. ^^^ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

There's an ugly TS1 outfit? [sarcasm]OMJADE! Shocked[/sarcasm]  Which one is it?

pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2007 April 15, 22:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"

Saffy dear that is what a role player is. They play the role of the character. So you do pretend like you are the character.

If I can be slightly off topic for a second, I have to say I disagree. I've done acting, which is what normal roleplaying is like, and it's NOTHING like when I used to pretend I was a native american settler, playing at home when I was a kid. While roleplaying or acting, I'm always fully aware of who I am, actively thinking about "How would he/she (my character) react?". What Cardrew here seems to be doing, is losing itself in it's characters waaay too much. That's just my opinion, though.

On topic: Bad nude skins are just so much worse than bad clothes-skins. And I can't belive people like that spatter-dress!

.. I'm also in that contest. If I get thrown out while Cardrew stays, I might have to kill myself. :<
Diala
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2007 April 16, 01:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pixelated"
If I can be slightly off topic for a second, I have to say I disagree. I've done acting, which is what normal roleplaying is like, and it's NOTHING like when I used to pretend I was a native american settler, playing at home when I was a kid. While roleplaying or acting, I'm always fully aware of who I am, actively thinking about "How would he/she (my character) react?". What Cardrew here seems to be doing, is losing itself in it's characters waaay too much. That's just my opinion, though.

I agree.

RPing is a bit of a hobby to me, but I never pretend that I REALLY AM the very character that I RP. As in, act like him/her outside of the RP.

Still, I don't care if people find it ridiculous or funny. More power to them. Life's too short to worry about what others think.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 187 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: