PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 23:48:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???  (Read 29780 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 15, 07:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Dour is 100% on the money, as usual.  I usually like people when I meet them, and surprise surprise had a few positive interactions with lyriclee.  But that doesn't mean that they get to tell everyone else how saintly they are, and how secretly they don't like conning money out of others.  And their niceness doesn't excuse them for being moneygrubbing bastards.

Religiosims didn't even get away with "we'll donate half to charity" - I'll donate the lot to charity thanks, keep your stuff.

That sort of "understanding they're nice people" stuff just leads to the rest of the paysites having good PR get to know you stuff.  Would we let online Nigerian scammers make off with money if they were really nice people?  I doubt it. Nor will people on this forum advocate other "really nice people" scamming here.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 15, 07:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I give up trying to talk to brainwashed fangirls--I dont think anyone else is going to get through to her either lol

Edited: removed big post addressing vii
vii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 15, 20:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
I give up trying to talk to brainwashed fangirls--I dont think anyone else is going to get through to her either lol

Edited: removed big post addressing vii

"Fangirl"? I am neither female or fan of anything.

Nigerian scammers make off with money if they were really nice people? I doubt it. Nor will people on this forum advocate other "really nice people" scamming here.

That's a total different thing, and while I may not be Nigerian or anyone from that part of the world, while I get your point on that, you are not using a good example, as some people might find it offensive.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 15, 21:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shut the fuck up already.  (e.e) You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.  And would someone like to point out to me at what point anyone here ever cared whom they offended???

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 15, 22:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vii, basically God Herself could have a free site with a donation gift and we'd squawk.

You can't repaint your neighbor's car and sell it to your office buddy. Not legally. You can't recolour Maxis stuff or rework Poser (creators') meshes or use Maxis/EA code to enable your totally original crap and then make money off of it, because you are not Maxis, EA, or Poser.

The fact that EA is not as aggressive as, say, Disney about stomping copyright infringement and EULA disregard is no reason to deliberately ignore the EULA or Maxis/EA/Poser (creators')  copyrights.

It's kind of like habitually driving while drunk (GRRR!), or jaywalking, or writing in library books (you FIEND! die!) but not getting caught. You may get away without incident for years, but that doesn't make it legal and/or a good idea.

The seriousness of the transgression (or not) is irrelevant.

The niceness of the person or site asking for alms is irrelevant.

The existence of genuine need is irrelevant.

You cannot sell what does not belong to you, legally.

Note also that this tends to be paricular to the Sims community. Music group fan circles share tickets and memorabilia freely, other game content creators share custom content freely, etc. Though there are some exceptions, the Sims community is unique in that we as a whole ignored the slippery slope during Sims 1. Now it seems that everyone and their cat wants to make a buck off of everyone else by selling things that are not theirs to sell.

When you get promised some goods in exchange for money, that is not a donation, it is a sale. If the site owner had quietly sent donators files in the spirit of sharing, unrelated to any donation amount or lack of donation altogether, that would be different.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 15, 22:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"
vii, basically God Herself could have a free site with a donation gift and we'd squawk.

Cheesy I always knew god was a girl.

Like Dour said: I think this is just a lost cause.

Tre is to Vii what Thomas is to all those TSR assholes.

FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
WOOHOO!
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 15, 23:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I love this phorum.  We understand that although people can be "cool" that does not negate the fact that they are betraying their community by giving special "gifts" to people who send him money.

At the risk of repeating what has already been said by my comrades within this movement, this is nothing but hypocrasy.

I have the phantom as well as a dozen other FREE cars he's made.
I understand the costs of servers.  Vii you cannot compare his site to MTS2 or even InSim for that matter because although they may request donations, they do not offer any "gifts" in exchange.  That would make them paysites, which they are not.  Tre, although i'm sure he's a cool guy, I am absolutely in LOVE with that Dodge Charger, has made a HUGE mistake by betraying his loyal registrants and offering gifts to those that pay for his server costs.

I was active on his forum, I was an active downloader, but i'll be damned if I sell myself short for the sake of a god damned gift.
vii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 15, 23:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't repaint your neighbor's car and sell it to your office buddy. Not legally. You can't recolour Maxis stuff or rework Poser (creators') meshes or use Maxis/EA code to enable your totally original crap and then make money off of it, because you are not Maxis, EA, or Poser.

I agree with that 100%, reason why donation cars, are made 100% from scratch, no meshes or anything from other resources, the cars in donation section= 100% s2cs.net meshes.

Also, last time I checked and that I am aware of, if something comes with an extra gift it isn't considerate a sale(the added item) . Even if the psychology
of people make it believe like that, it isn't considerate a sale legally fyi.

Also, calling God a female when 99.9% of religion that believe that God exist, and that He is Male, is again kind of a disrespect from you guys and gals.

Again I add, things I have written here, are my views, not the views of people at the site, not views of Tre, not views of any other member of the staff.

Vii.
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 15, 23:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "vii"

I agree with that 100%, reason why donation cars, are made 100% from scratch, no meshes or anything from other resources, the cars in donation section= 100% s2cs.net meshes.

Also, last time I checked and that I am aware of, if something comes with an extra gift it isn't considerate a sale(the added item) . Even if the psychology

Also, calling God a female when 99.9% of religion that believe that God exist, and that He is Male, is again kind of a disrespect from you guys and gals.

Again I add, things I have written here, are my views, not the views of people at the site, not views of Tre, not views of any other member of the staff.

Vii.

This is simple mathematics Tre.. er.. vii

Donations for gifts = paysite
Donations for server costs (no gifts) = Free site

Tre is now a paysite.  I dont give a shit about having to register for his site, his content is incredible, free registration + free cars = I'm happy.

But no.  Asking people to help with server costs and offering gifts is web-based prostitution.  Consider your "very nice friend" a web-based hoe now dear Wink
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 15, 23:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But can everyone else get that "special gift?" If Tre is only giving it to people who pay then its a sale damnit.

I have no words...

We never said they were the views of anybody else. We are just trying to get you to see that they are slightly distorted...If you choose not to listen to us then thats your fault.

But no.  Asking people to help with server costs and offering gifts is web-based prostitution.  Consider your "very nice friend" a web-based hoe now dear Wink

And lord knows we don't need any more hos in this community. One more and I'm going to become a Paysite Pimp. Pimping out all the crazy paysite owners.

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 15, 23:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"

I have no words...

I was going to disagree but then realised my reaction could best be summed up as *point and laugh and the male*
vii could obviously do with a heathly dose of the "REAL" Pescado.
(Read some old PMBD threads, or even older MATY threads to find the stupid evil bastard.)

My reaction to his defence of a paysite is similar (although the male part isn't relevant there).

edit: damn it, too many quotes.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 16, 00:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we lock this thread already?  Everyone keeps repeating themselves.  Except Vii, who makes ridiculous, though mildly entertaining, comments about irrelevant shit.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 16, 05:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a total different thing, and while I may not be Nigerian or anyone from that part of the world, while I get your point on that, you are not using a good example, as some people might find it offensive.

Why would people find that offensive?  What is wrong with you? Nigerian scammers exist, giving sob stories about how they need your money, and so too do sims paysite owners.  Feeding starving chilluns and all kinds of other bullshit about why they need you to give them money.  And like Nigerian telemarketing scams, lots of people are sucked into supporting them.

Well, it would be an odd religion that didn't believe that God existed.  And as for disrespect - you're disrespectful to all religions telling them what and how they should think - according to you.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 16, 07:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "vii"

vii's Basic Reading Comprehension Skills = set to "off"

Please Be Less Stupid, and stop exhibiting 12ness. Thanks!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 16, 10:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well they can't possibly be 100% sims2carsource's because #1 there's something maxis in there otherwise it wouldnt work in our games, and #2 most car meshes (and apparently hair meshes) are taken from other 3D sites and just converted to work in the sims2 game--nothing original about that. I am guessing it would take ages to make a car mesh from absolute scratch (if its possible at all), which would mean lots of time in between updates.
And #3 if they are completely accurate to the original real-life car down to the lines on the seats and the name of the car (again, i dont know since i didnt download anything from there), then that means there is part of the car manufacturer's hard work in there.
Unless sims2carsource is coming up with entirely new car designs off the top of their head, making the mesh from scratch, giving it a texture from scratch (no copying a picture), and gave it a one-of-a-kind name, then it can't possibly be close to 100% sims2carsource's (theres no way for it to be 100% due to reason#1)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: