PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:33:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???  (Read 30744 times)
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 19, 16:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, how about I rephrase Smiley  Malaysia, where child prostitution is rampant.  Malaysia, where child prositutution is not a punishable offense... how about that.

Also darkangel....  No, basic reading skills are taught by 1st and 3rd grade teachers, not by me.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Xeon_Black
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 19, 17:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again I must apologize for diverting Tongue

Quote from: "Doursim"
OK, how about I rephrase Smiley  Malaysia, where child prostitution is rampant.  Malaysia, where child prositutution is not a punishable offense... how about that.

Also darkangel....  No, basic reading skills are taught by 1st and 3rd grade teachers, not by me.

Child prostitution in Malaysia happens, just as it does in any other countries. I can type out "Child prostitutions in United States" or in whatever country, and I'll get links to the news there. Just the same in this case. Also, how can child prostituion be not a punishable offence when it's not legal in the first place?

Before you throw rocks at me for not providing sufficient evidence, here's the  link
And in case you're too lazy to read the whole thing, I'll post some of the important points here from there Tongue

In 2002, Malaysia passed the Child Act,42 which provides for protection of children in need.43 The act imposes a punishment of imprisonment for up to 15 years and a fine on anyone who (a) sells, lets for hire, buys, hires, or otherwise disposes of a child for the purpose of prostitution within or outside of Malaysia;44 (b) procures a child for prostitution within or outside of Malaysia;45 (c) brings, takes out of Malaysia, or assists in bringing or taking out of Malaysia by false pretenses, false representation, fraudulent, or deceitful means a child for prostitution;46 (d) brings into Malaysia, receives, or harbors a child, knowing that a child has been procured for purposes of prostitution;47 (e) detains a child in a brothel against the child’s will;48 (f) detains a child in a place against a child’s will with the intent of employing a child in prostitution;49 (g) advertises a child for purposes of prostitution or seeks information for that purpose;50 or (h) attempts to do any of those acts.51

Aiding, abetting, or controlling a prostitution of a child is punishable by imprisonment for up to 3 years, a fine, and whipping of not more than six strokes.52 The same punishment is imposed on anyone who “engages or hires, for any valuable consideration, a child to provide services for that person’s sexual gratification.”53

The act criminalizes participating in the unlawful transfer of possession, custody, or control of a child. Punishment is imprisonment for up to 5 years, a fine, or both.54 The same punishment applies to any person who unlawfully harbors a child “with respect to whom the temporary or permanent possession, custody, or control has been transferred or conferred for valuable consideration by any other person within or outside Malaysia.”55

The act punishes importation of a child by false pretenses by imprisonment for up to 5 years, a fine, or both.56 The same punishment applies to anyone who takes or sends out a child, whether within or outside of Malaysia, without appropriate consent of the person having lawful custody.57

The Women and Girls Protection Act provides for the removal of a woman or girl in prostitution to a “place of refuge,”58 especially if she is “in urgent need of protection as there is reasonable cause to believe that she is being threatened or intimidated for the purpose of prostitution.”59 The act affords the same protection to a trafficked woman who “has been brought into or is to be sent out of Malaysia” for the purpose of prostitution.60

The Women and Girls Protection Act provides that no witness in any proceeding under the act is obliged or permitted to disclose the identity of an informer or the substance of the information received from him or her. Similarly, a witness is not obliged or permitted to state any matter that might lead to the informer’s discovery.61

The constitution states, “No person shall be held in slavery,”62 and “All forms of forced labor are prohibited.”63

Malaysia may not be a very advanced country compared to the West, but please don't make assumptions the country is immorally barbaric. Sure it's not perfect, but it's just like any other countries out there.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 20, 04:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never said that child prostitution was immoral or barbaric.  I used child prostition as an argument that there are no "civil rights" on a forum.  Vii was trying to argue about some nonesense that he shouldn't have been getting offended over.  Basic american-everyones-world-revolves-around-our-own asshatness.  I just wanted him to stfu Tongue

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Jared
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 June 29, 05:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok seriously People.... I also am a staff member of S2cs (Admin).   there are 3 cars on the donation list.... they were made completly by Fox... they are his meshs, he can do what he wants with them..... I hate paysites that make you pay for everything.. but having a site that you just get somthing extra for donating.. why is that so bad?  Its an insentive... Most people who play the sims (young people)  wont just donate for fun they dont have the money to just give away but if they are getting somthing it makes them more likely to do it. Im not saying that right.... thats how the world works people dont give money for nothing usually... it just doesnt happen.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 June 29, 06:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Psst Jared, check the date of the last post...necromancy is bad, m'kay)

Keeping content locked behind a pay wall is a sale, it wouldn't be fair to treat that site differently just because you feel that they are more virtuous than another site may be. A sale is a sale, and a purchase is a purchase.

If incentives are necessary for donations it shouldn't be something that you are not supposed to be selling. A free tshirt with the site name, or a wallpaper for someone's computer, or anything else outside of game usage would all be fine as donation incentives. As soon as you offer CC only after payment, it is a sale and is breaking the EULA.
Jared
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 June 29, 06:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont care if my post was late.... Im defending it.

Do you really think Kids and Teens would give the little money they have to a site for nothing or a shirt? What world are you living in?  People now want stuff for there money we are just fitting it with the modarn world... you should try it sometime....  it may not be great but thats how it works like it or not.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 June 29, 06:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Jared"
I dont care if my post was late.... Im defending it.

Do you really think Kids and Teens would give the little money they have to a site for nothing or a shirt? What world are you living in?  People now want stuff for there money we are just fitting it with the modarn world... you should try it sometime....  it may not be great but thats how it works like it or not.

Yes, you do need money to survive, however profitting off of something illegal is hardly a goal to shoot for. I do work and work freelance so I am well aware of how difficult it can be to make money, however I also don't expect people to pay me so that I can have a hobby whether others get something out of it or not. If you're only doing this as some kind of bizarre part time job, then I would suggest maybe looking into a slightly less dubious, and much more secure career outside of selling Sims 2 CC. Several people here have also asked, received and given donations without needing to give away anything in return outside of the continuation of their site. Nothing was held back, but people were still kind enough to donate, without expecting anything in return, in order to support sites they enjoyed.

If you can't afford to keep your work on the internet on your own you can either post it on one of the larger free Sims 2 sites, ask someone about effective cheap and free hosting (there are several people here who can offer good information about that), or not post your work at all.

Edit: Added another point
Jared
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 June 29, 07:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What??

It is not considered selling... Companys give a free gift with an purchase all the time... thats how they bring people in.  Thats not illegal!  The Meshes on our site were created by our creators that makes it our property... we can give it to donators if we want.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 June 29, 07:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What??

It is not considered selling... Companys give a free gift with an purchase all the time... thats how they bring people in.  Thats not illegal!  The Meshes on our site were created by our creators that makes it our property... we can give it to donators if we want.

Check the EULA that you agreed to when you started up the game, it's illegal. Here's the appropriate quote "You may include materials created with the Tools & Materials on your personal noncommercial website for the noncommercial benefit of the fan community for EA's products".

"Noncommercial" means not for sale, the analogy you gave above is not correct as you do not own the product you are selling (if you were just selling the textures and mesh you made without using EA's code it would be a different story). Plus, point of advice here, it doesn't really help your argument too much if you refer to yourself as a commercial enterprise in your example.
Jared
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 June 29, 07:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK so if a charity gives away free donuts to people when they come in and donate that illegal?

Dont think so.

This site is fully of people who do not have the skills to reason.  You will never shut down our site or other sites stop trying and stop complaining about paysites... get over it.. get a life.
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 June 29, 07:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What??

WRONG! The second it becomes a .package, it is property of EA. Period.
Don't believe me ? Here is the proof.  Response (GM Fenris) 05/18/2007 03:47 PM
Hello again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

I can certainly understand your frustration over this issue, as it probably is not always clear whether EA is interested in pursuing these sorts of cases. However, I can assure you that, legally, Electronic Arts owns the rights to all material created from our engine, and that the sharing of said material for free on community sites is completely legal, even if it is material that some players are attempting to sell. If you would like to submit a list of these pay sites, I will be more than happy to pass it on to the EA Legal team to review.

Take care,

EA Rep Fenris
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

(more proof at this link)  http://www.noukiesims2.net/
If you don't like it , go ahead and sue EA. Good luck with that. :wink:

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 June 29, 07:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a new paysite-troll? :O

Can I pet it? Can I? *bounces up and down excitedly*

All jokes aside though... why can't you paysite people go read old threads? That way, you'd notice that all your arguments have been shot down so far. Every single one. There's just no excuse for what you're doing.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 June 29, 07:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK so if a charity gives away free donuts to people when they come in and donate that illegal?

Dont think so.

This site is fully of people who do not have the skills to reason.  You will never shut down our site or other sites stop trying and stop complaining about paysites... get over it.. get a life.

It would be if that charity was calling itself the "Dunkin Donuts" charity, and were not actually part of Dunkin Donuts itself. As for not knowing how to reason, at least I know that an ad hominem argument is a piss poor way to make a point.
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 June 29, 07:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pixelated, It would need a brain to do that. The wizard is away at the moment, so it can't get one. Shocked

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
Jared
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 June 29, 07:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are doing nothing bad.. I dont see what the problem is....We are not technically selling it.  Legally it isnot a sale.. it is  gift.  That would hold up in  court of law...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: