PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:41:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well if this don't beat anything.......
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well if this don't beat anything.......  (Read 3990 times)
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
Well if this don't beat anything.......
« on: 2007 February 26, 01:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I first saw threads about this site a week or so ago either at MTS2,or Insim, and it slipped my mind till last night.Sorry,lol. Working 12 hour days or nights will do that. Anyways, some of the booty I got ahold of here, I was amazed to read some of the "Read Me" texts that came from the paysites. Like, free items I got anywheres from a week to a couple months ago, then I find the exact items being overwritten by the booty files, and the damn paysite owner claims that the files are only found at his/her site, or were created expressively for their site. I've had at least 4 free files get overwritten by exact "pay" file duplicates thus far. The other thing that irks me is some sites, like COUGH MTS2 COUGH have very stringent upload rules. I'm 33, know my way around computers like I was blindfolded, but creating new stuff for Sims 2, I suck. I've had several uploads turned down by MTS2 because they "weren't up to their GODLIKE creator standards. Ifinally said piss off.......not all of us are creator gods. Oh well........in closing, I wholeheartedly support this site, and will soon be cancelling my subs to TSR and Simslice. Smiley

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 26, 12:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My output for the game has dwindled tremendously since this sort of "Professional Society" ethic descended upon creators.  The "so where is your compatibility list?" mentality.  "Well sorry but sod off I like making hacks, I don't like making lists" is my feeling.

I was a Sims 1 hacker, and in those days there were two types of player.  One type didn't want hacks in case they broke the game, and the other type wanted hacks for the sake of adventure and novelty.  You could throw anything at the latter, and you'd share the laugh if some amusing bug or side-effect appeared. Nowadays the community seems to be being led by people who are first and foremost vocational forum moderators (or quality control inpectors?), some of whom I suspect don't even play the game let alone make stuff for it.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 26, 17:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean. I fall into the latter category. I want to see what mayhem and such I can cause with hacks, custom items, XXX stuff.It's very very rare I play a lot in "plain" mode nowadays. I mostly only do it when  a new EP or SP comes out, so I can get a gander at all the new stuff.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 26, 17:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that makes me laugh is Maria VS from Glamsim/SimChic, because she's put the same crap on both sites and claims they're specially made for one or the other, and almost all her SimChic stuff, when you mouse over them, say "by Maria VS for www.glamsim.com". Makes me laugh, that. ^^
But at least both are pay (shitty though, getting people to pay for the same stuff twice!)...free stuff getting overwritten by pay is just bizarre. Who were they by, if you'll say, by any chance?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 26, 21:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I like making lists to organize my thoughts, here's one for you!

A free site may be publishing pay stuff and claiming it as its own.  The original source of the content may not know about it being on another site.

MtS2 has to have some sort of quality control.  If they didn't the site would be as filled to the brim with crapola as TSR is.

A lot of creators get turned down by MtS2 initially.  They have to improve to be accepted.

Don't use your age as a crutch.  It's just as annoying as when an eleven year old does it.

You are actually correct in your assumption that many of the moderators don't even play the game.  

It's also true that many creators create things for the game and don't play the game either.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 26, 21:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah well I respect the right of MTS2 bosses to make the rules for *their* site content.  But there is a tendency for expectations to extend to other people's sites, content, and users.  And that makes some of us feel less enthusiastic about making stuff.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 01, 04:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
One thing that makes me laugh is Maria VS from Glamsim/SimChic, because she's put the same crap on both sites and claims they're specially made for one or the other, and almost all her SimChic stuff, when you mouse over them, say "by Maria VS for www.glamsim.com". Makes me laugh, that. ^^
But at least both are pay (shitty though, getting people to pay for the same stuff twice!)...free stuff getting overwritten by pay is just bizarre. Who were they by, if you'll say, by any chance?

LOL, now you ask me. I'll make a list next time I go on a downloading spree from here,ok?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: