PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:12:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Another great free creator gone :(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another great free creator gone :(  (Read 24569 times)
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
Another great free creator gone :(
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 23, 18:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm staying out of this since I was called a bacteria when I criticized HP's TOS.  It was an opinion and at least I said it to her face, I hope she didn't mistake it as plain bashing.  Quite honestly I think she really gives a lot to the free community and I wish her well.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 23, 19:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably healthier for HP to take a break. Her reaction to the mesh thing was hard to understand. She's made other comments that make me think the whole thing was out of perspective for her.

People at MTS2 can be such morons though! The stuff is free there, and yet they are forever whining and PMing creators. They are sooo demanding, and every effing time they ask for hair, models, nipples etc. I even get some of that and my stuff is lame. I did see the skintones, didn't download them though. I can see how that would have pushed her over the edge. They used to pester Enayla no end.

She doesn't have to create a damn thing for anyone if she doesn't want to. She's not taken down her stuff, that takes maybe 5 seconds to check, it's all still there. Even if she did, it's up to her. As far as I'm concerned, free creators can do whatever the hell they like.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 23, 19:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She took down her skins though - I downloaded, went back to check her recolour policies and they were gone.

While I appreciate the immense amount of work she has done, and of course everyone needs a break, especially one as hard working as her, I think that to take them down sent out the wrong message. But then everyone does things while they're cross, right?

Basically I'm on the fence for this one - she's a brilliant creator, she's done a great deal of hard work which I for one thouroughly appreciate and to top it all off she's free BUT her strop over meshes, and pulling her skintones has done her no favours.

Better to leave with the dignity she deserves, is what I'm rather longwindedly trying to say.

EDIT:
She's reuploaded the skintones. All credit to her for that and I wish her well. She was one of my favourite creators.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 23, 20:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen recolors of HP's hair and she honestly didn't seem to mind, as long as they gave her credit for the mesh, which they did. She does wonderful work, and it's not our place to question her motives or emotions. The gal needs a break. For how long? Until she feels like doing a damn thing. She is not our prey, she is a God send to us who love free cc. The paysite assholes are the prey, NOT our free creators. If some of them have an ego, and I am NOT saying she does, I rather think they deserve to. They can do shit that I will never have the talent or abilty to do. Will I bow to them? NO. But I will give the praise that they deserve. We need to support our free creators and not whine and bitch when they get sick of the bullshit/politics/assholes that they have to deal with at times. We need to realize that they are just as human as we are and let them take the time they need. They have needs too. I admire anyone (free, of course) who can make good shit and give it away for little more than the praise of "well done". And maybe a thank you. I admire anyone who can do shit just because they think it's right and just. I hate anyone who demands money for work based on someone else's. It takes guts/balls/altruism to do what this site and our free creators do. I just would like to say, thank you and well done. Cool

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 23, 21:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't even try to lay this one on me. I uploaded one mesh to my site because I used it for a recolour, and I explained why I did it and that yes, it was a violation of her TOS but that I can't play favourites. I have never bashed her, called her creations bad, criticized her unfairly, or been otherwise disrespectful of her personally. If anything, I've been on the receiving end of crap from people who are sticking up for her and her TOS. (Sorry, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. Either everything is owned by EA and we can share as we see fit, or it isn't and we should not share even the pay stuff. You guys can't have it both ways. Posting meshes is not the end of the world, or attacking free creators, it's common sense.)

If HP needs a break, then she deserves one. MTS2 is a great resource, but it also is a haven for some of the most childish and spoiled people outside of the BBS. If she is frazzled or fried, then take the time off. I've had to do it myself, and I'm nowhere near as in-demand as HP.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 23, 22:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If HP quit the community (someone please point out where she ever said she was taking a break?)  because of Lieg, then she is being whiny baby and acting just like the paysite creators who have quit... for the same reasons. (people sharing their work).

I dont know why HP quit, but I dont think that Lieg was the straw that broke the camels back.  I suspect it had something to do with her skins (seeing as that was the only thing she pulled) from MTS2.

If she quit, then she quit.  I'm sorry to see her go, but I can't imagine anyone sticking around and doing this forever.  It's a hobby, and if anyone is like me, hobbies are something that come and go.  Let her move on to things that are more interesting.

I expressed my suprise in an earlier post because, frankly, I thought that the message she left was vague, and very dramatic.  If you had asked me before this whole thing came to my attention if HP would have done something so utterly similar to all the dramatic exits we've seen lately, then I would have said "no".  Apparently I was wrong, I don't see anything wrong with being suprised when people do something that you wern't expecting.

That said, I still respect HP, and I still love her creations.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Kid
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 23, 22:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden , you realize that you're philosophy is probably one of the reasons pay sites are around and so widely accepted. The hyperbole of your post  kind of justifies a creators belief that they deserve to be paid for their time and effort. Granted you're praising free creators, but once upon a time they were all free. The whole sim community was free to all but then you had people spouting crap like "You're a God send." "What would I do without your creations in my game?" You are the god/goddess of whatever type of crap you make. At some point they realized people would pay them for the very stuff they were giving a way for free and then pay site after pay site sprung up from the bowels of hell and consumed us and we still said "OMG, you are the greatest thing since toilet paper; can I have your baby?"

No one owes us a damn thing and we don't owe creators anything beyond a thank you for sharing their work with us and credit when we use their work to make something of our own. I respect the talent of the people who have the ability to create for the game but I'm not going to give a way my option to express my opinion about their work or their attitude within the community - pay or free creators. When you find a creator who doesn't have a policy on their shit other than have fun with it then you'll have found an altruistic creator, but, as long as they have terms and conditions they are not creating for the love the creation but for the praise and idolization they get and often demand from us.
scribble
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 23, 22:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the missunderstanding, I never said that Ligen is the reason why HP made her decision. (Who knows the exact reason, more than HP?)
I said that I do not  agree with Ligens way to treat a creator who are all for free cc.
Rmarques
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 23, 22:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
If HP quit the community (someone please point out where she ever said she was taking a break?)

Right here near the end of the post.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 February 23, 23:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah thanks, I guess I didn't see this because it didn't exist until after she reuploaded her skins?

If she wants to quit or take a break, then it's her progative.  Kid, it's like you said,  Creators and downloaders don't owe each other anything.  Where I don't agree with you is where you seem to think that praising creators is bad?  Do you know why people make CC and make it public?  Because they think other people may enjoy their work too.  There arn't many creators who would keep creating if they didn't think anyone liked their work (maybe Carlew).  On the same note, as you mentioned, it is very easy for praise like that to go to some people heads.  They start thinking they really ARE gods gift to TS2.

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 February 23, 23:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
They start thinking they really ARE gods gift to TS2.

I know I am. Phear me! Where would you all be without my shiny, shiny downloads???

Oh right, you'd download from someone else. Bleh. Tongue

Also, how am I mistreating anyone? By uploading a mesh to my site with full credit and links and cookies (okay, the cookies part is a lie)? I am not mistreating anyone. How can you justify violating the TOS of pay sites to redistribute their work by pointing at the EULA, then wave the TOS of free creators (I said NO FAT SIMS, DAMNIT) like they are sacrosanct? Please. Yes, I love and cherish our free creators, but I also love and cherish the downloaders in the community, and they seem to hate it when they have to hunt for meshes.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 February 23, 23:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kid, I never said that anyone was a god/goddess. I never said that paysites were good. I believe in giving praise where it is due. Positive shit has the effect of encouraging more of the same. Now, there are some assholes out there that choose to take the praise as encouragement to make a buck. Fuck them. As soon as money comes in, quality goes right down the shitter. I'm not an asslicker, I have learned that telling someone who does a good job the truth is little more than common courtesy. If they choose to get a swelled head and go pay, then they become prey because there is nothing worse than an ego gone amok. I can do without the cc. I have before. I will again if I deem it needed. But for people to do this and expect nothing more than a thank you and a well done in today's world of fuck you, you'll like what you got even if it's shit and you'd better offer me your first born child, left kidney and half of your liver, I find the attitude refreshing when all they want is the said thanks and praise.  :roll: Paysites are evil. We know this. But it is just as evil not to say the courteous things, about like kicking a kid when they color a picture for you or a puppy who wants to say hello when you get home. I don't go overboard, and if you think I do, we disagree and I will leave it at that. I'm sure there are things we do agree on or both of us would not have found our way here. True? And I'm not blaming anyone for HP's breakdown, it happens to everyone sooner or later when they get caught up in something so much that it becomes addictive. Look at parents who attend t-ball games and want the coach drawn and quartered. That said, Booty rocks. Paysites should be buried under them. And remember, joke 'em if they can't take a fuck. Or is it the other way around... As for my philosophy, I'm a parent, that should explain alot!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 February 23, 23:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
but I also love and cherish the downloaders in the community, and they seem to hate it when they have to hunt for meshes.

<3<3<3  No one doubts your loyalty to the downloaders.

scribble
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 24, 00:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

liegenschonheit, you know there are more nuances than just black and white... And there exist more people in this world than just you. Breaking free creators policy donīt bring us more free cc in the community. End.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 24, 01:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
I am not mistreating anyone. How can you justify violating the TOS of pay sites to redistribute their work by pointing at the EULA, then wave the TOS of free creators (I said NO FAT SIMS, DAMNIT) like they are sacrosanct?

Did you read that part before you posted Scribble? Insulting free creators doesnt get you more free content either jackass
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: