PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 18:14:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Another great free creator gone :(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another great free creator gone :(  (Read 24592 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Another great free creator gone :(
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 23, 02:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it has something to do with the whole thread about putting meshes on a site. Didn't she stress that it wasn't right to put her mesh since it was free? Maybe she got fed up with people doing it and decided to quit? Sad I will miss her

CARLYMICHELLE
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 23, 03:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hp IS  fullof it or put em backup take a look at this link

http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=31337

http://modthesims2.com/download.php?u=31337&showType=1

she just wants attention all her downloads  are still up
rome_raven
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 23, 03:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CARLYMICHELLE"

She never moved anything but the skintones that very few people had even seen (namely me)
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 23, 03:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CARLYMICHELLE"

http://modthesims2.com/download.php?u=31337&showType=1

Did you read anything at all?
Siren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 23, 03:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.. here's a novel idea. Sometimes taking a break is just that, taking a break.
rome_raven
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 23, 03:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Willing to pass them my way?
FreetobeJulie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 23, 06:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope it's just a break.  HP makes the best short hairstyles.  I think it's just frustration because I know she spends a ton of time to perfect everything that she makes.  I know just downloading and playing the game can be addictive and frustrating, so I can't even imagine making downloads on top of that.  I would have even less of a life than I have now.  :shock:  If it isn't a break, and she's gone for good, I think we should congratulate her on officially getting a life outside of the sims world.  :lol:  

Julie =)
KikiGo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 February 23, 06:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i say we should let her do whatever she wants, she hasnt taken everything down and whatever the reason she took her skintones doesnt really matter that much to me..its not like shes obligated to anyone...Hope she gets a chance to relax and like Julie said enjoy her life outside in the real world!

ause you talk like a F*g and your shits all retarded!!!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 February 23, 08:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

CARLYMICHELLE, I hope you're not a member of Be Less Stupid!  I might have to boot ya.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 February 23, 08:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the skins too, and I made a comment as I love all her work and she was mentioning in that thread that she was borderline leaving and that there was another game that she liked a lot and was creating for it.  But I missed all the drama about the skins having no nipples, but you know, she was already warning the people as they were downloading the skins, that if things didn't get better and the community didn't get more into the spirit of sharing she would probably leave.  So I don't blame her, she just followed through with her warning, but it pisses me off that stupid people would bitch about something that was created freely and shared freely.  If they didn't like it, they shouldn't download it, it's as simple as that.

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 23, 09:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
So I don't blame her, she just followed through with her warning, but it pisses me off that stupid people would bitch about something that was created freely and shared freely.  If they didn't like it, they shouldn't download it, it's as simple as that.

I agree - there are too many people who bitch about free creators as if it is their right.  That's what annoys me so damn much about the pay creators - they expect the same kind of respect that free creators get.  

That's an important distinction that needs to be made for the above posters - HP and all other free creators aren't enslaved to us - they do it out of altruism, love and talent.  If you don't like it, don't download it, don't go out of your way to be a wanker.

Paysites are free game.  They charge money for a service, something they're not supposed to be charging for, and they're complete and utter bastards. Give em hell.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 23, 10:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's very disappointing news.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 23, 15:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I know how boring and frustrating creating can get, I know of so many creators that are bored to death with creating. Inlcuding me, 2 weeks ago. So i only made one sucky hair.

Inactive
scribble
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 23, 17:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people totaly lost focus on things here and continue to behave like
morons and idiots in one way or another...
This behavior will not generate more free cc in the community.

Going after and against creators who create free cc by ignore theire policys is not only disrespectful. Itīs so fu***** stupid. Actions like Ligensc...what ever, will only split this movement.

Come on. Donīt loose focus. Free cc to the community and all cred to creators who share there work for free.
Kid
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 23, 18:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't lay this at liegenschonheit's feet. If HP is pissed because her free meshes are being uploaded with recolors of her work then that's her problem and smacks of egoism and because there's ego involved you can rule out altruism as a reason for her sharing her work. :roll: Sharing meshes with recolors just makes sense. Imagine of one of the major sites pulled all of their meshes - there would be sites whose content would be virtually useless because none of the meshes are available, so, now we've lost more then just the one site. I can just hear all of you flipping sides and bitching about the stupidity of creators who won't allow their meshes to be shared as soon as your impacted by sites closing and taking all their goodies with them. No wait, I've already heard the bitching.

Any creator has the option to take a break, none of them are enslaved to us - people need to think before they write some of this shit. Pay site owners just need to make people aware that they're going to stop updating before they go spending all of their ill gotten profits.

The main problem with the Sims Community is that we're greedy little bitches and bastards. In other gaming community mods are more or less open source. As long as you give credit to the originator of the mod you can use a piece here or a piece there and create something new or make an improvement and share it freely. Not so in this community, people's egos and need of constant ass kissing has gotten in the way of that.  

In a nutshell,  I say bravo liegenschonheit for taking a step to bring us back to where we ought to be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: