PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:07:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Does Anybody Else In Here Feel The Way I Do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does Anybody Else In Here Feel The Way I Do?  (Read 17731 times)
dr.philthy
ARR!

View Profile
Does Anybody Else In Here Feel The Way I Do?
« on: 2006 November 07, 19:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I am not one to post in forums or get involved in bs I don't care about, but now I HAVE to.
When I found this sight I made a mad grab for everything I wanted, threw it in my game, and laughed and laughed and laughed (and laughed) :lol:
And than I started to wonder who are these people and why are they doing this? Is it so, as was my first thought, they can stuff these pilfered files full of anthrax, HIV, WMDs, and gay marriage to obliterate the file sharing segment of society? When my office did not detach from my house and go careening out into the atmosphere I knew that was not the answer. So I came here to the forums to see what was really going on. And what did I find? That it was JM Pescado (whom I often picture as being Stewie's red-headed brother from Family Guy, btw) doing it why? From what I have gathered, because he can. Which is a hella good reason to do most anything, I think.
Now, from the first time I saw a paysite, I thought, well isn't that the American Dream. You know, free enterprise, strike while the iron is hot, all that. I mean, who wouldn't want to quit their job and stay at home all day smoking funny cigarettes and selling pictures of sweaters and toilets on the internet? C'mon... :wink:
But the other thing I thought was this has got to be illegal. And a quick read of the documentation provided with the game told me I was right. Why in the hell would EA/Maxis/Whoever let you profit off them without a royalty? Easy answer; they wouldn't.
Another thing I thought was what about the celebrity sims? What are the legal aspects of selling the likenesses of celebrities for a profit?
"commercial use of a famous person’s likeness to sell products is an infringement of the celebrity’s rights of publicity"
Now, I really don't care at all about the right's of celebrities :roll:
It was just something else that occured to me at the time.

Anyways, I ramble on, nothing I've said is relevant, and the point of this post was this:
I want to know who else LOVES this?!? Cheesy
Who else wants to roll around like a hog in this messy, sticky, gay-prostituting, black-hatting, LyricLee choking, Peggy donation hair-haveing, nervous break-down causing, Pescado nipple-tweaking, oozy mess?
I was not at all interested in this community untill this happened and now I can't keep my eyes off it!

And if you hate me and my post than please respond anyway
Ahhhh, negativity.....

Give 'er.
anniepie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 07, 20:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

huh?   The first time I saw a paysite I was pissed off!  My first thought....this site sucks ass lol.

I get what your saying though....I've been rolling in the *filth* for almost 24 hours strait.

And then my ass has to be anal about it and go organize the shit haha. I haven't even put any of it in my game yet :roll:
DelMita
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 07, 20:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I got stuck on "Pescado nipple tweaking" and my mind imploded.  So, eh?
anniepie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 07, 20:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO  I read that one twice too   I don't even know him and I got a visual!!
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 07, 20:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I do have to admit that some of the stuff going on with these pay site people makes Jerry Springer look tame.

*Imagines Openhousejack pulling off Carla Niven's weave for calling him a ho while HChangeri runs on stage and announces that she's given the audience free copies of all of Ayn Rand's books and a computer virus.*

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
anniepie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 07, 20:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

openhousejack ---------- ewe ewe ewe   I had to stop reading the post from yesterday.  I can't believe that guy is still alive!
dr.philthy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 07, 20:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Imagines Openhousejack pulling off Carla Niven's weave for calling him a ho while HChangeri runs on stage and announces that she's given the audience free copies of all of Ayn Rand's books and a computer virus.*

Hahahahaha
This is just what I mean!I would be front row hooting and hollering only instead of "Jerry Jerry Jerry" we could chant "JM JM JM"!!!

Give 'er.
heaven-Leigh
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 07, 23:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr, your post hits the nail on the head (not sure about the nipple tweaking though) I love it here!! No need for TV ever again and with the added benefit of beautiful things for my sims.  I just wish I could contribute more some how.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 07, 23:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't feel exactly the way you do, but I agree that large paysites are lying about the bandwidth thing.

I don't agree on uploading creations against somebody's permission, but now that even MAXIS is allowing it by including meshes with sims packages automatically, how the heck will I agrument that?
I guess it's purely ethics now, and I cannot enforce my ethics on someone else.

I'm not against the huge paysites, but I'm not for them either... I'll just sit back and watch how this goes. :shock:

This is gonna be big.

Inactive
Kamake
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 08, 00:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say that a majority of the things being sold for donations are pretty bad and not worth the amount charged or the bandwidth used to distribute them - especially object sets. I seriously doubt that much of this stuff will actually end up in anyone's game for longer than it takes to look at it and be awed by the lack of craftsmanship.

In a way this is providing a public service so that people can look before they buy - kind of like in real life.

What I suspect will happen next is that some creators will begin making special secret sets for their special friends. That will be followed by images of these secret items being posted in pictures because those people can't wait to show off and announce that these items are "not available" which then starts a frenzy of it own.

Ah, the drama.
dbmagick
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 08, 02:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm undoubtedly enjoying this far more than I should and just a bit ago confessed to my hubby that I am now passionately in love w/Pescado after I looked over all the files here and began my download frenzy :lol:

Much of the stuff definitely isn't worth a penny charged but there are some treasure buried here and there.  Being a download addict I browse the paysites almost daily muttering in disbelief at some of the crap being outright charged for and finding the majority of excellent quality items at free sites.
klapaucius
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 08, 03:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say, Dr. Philthy, I'm with you. I've been a quiet lurker for most of the time, here and at MATY, but this.... this is just freakin' fantastic. Free stuff, salacious gossip, nutters throwing highly entertaining shit-fits, gay hookers, what's not to love?
Buttpickle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 08, 03:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Philthy (great name, btw), that was a great rant/ramble. Thanks for making me laugh. I love this website and this freaky corner of the community too. I didn't get sucked in until I found MATY. I love the freak corner.

*tweaks Pescado's nipples*
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 08, 03:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buttpickle: Somehow your name and avatar fits right in on this board. Wink

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 08, 08:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooh, may I join the club and have a wild celebration, too? :mrgreen: I was thrilled, delighted and amaaaazed to find this place, because it's actually not about the free booty that much, but about that finally someone showed those assholes their rightful place. :twisted: The map and the mission statement particularly are things of beauty.

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: