PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:03:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?  (Read 15046 times)
simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?
« on: 2007 February 12, 18:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately Carla Niven' site, with its fugly stuff and overly high prices, has become the symbol of crappy paysites.
Everyone agrees that their stuff is bad quality.. or even worse XD.

But there's another site that really bugs me but isn't mentioned alot. As the title says, I'm talking about SimChic.

[RANT mode ON]

I've never actually liked their downloads alot but, while at the beginning they had average looking stuff, not very hq but still not fugly, it seems to me that not only their quality level hasn't improved, it looks like it has gotten worse.

With the exception of a few guest artists, all the stuff on the site is made of low quality, badly photoskinned, weird, designer clothes that *I* would never make my poor sims wear.

When today I saw these clothes on Bines' finds,

my eyes tried to commit suicide and I felt the urgency to run into the bathroom and puke.
Instead, I decided to wrote my own personal rant here ;P

So, why is Simchic better than Carla Niven? But most of all, how in the world so many people actually like and subscribe to Simchic?(Someone might point out that Simchic is cheaper then Carla Niven. I don't think this is very important though. Personally, I'm against the whole pay per download idea, wichever the price is.)

It would be interesting to debate about this on a bigger board followed by a wider variety of people (I guess it's hard to find someone here who likes paysites XD) but I doubt that a mature and polite debate could be possible  :?

[/RANT mode OFF]

So, what do you think? ;P

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
BlueButterfly
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 12, 19:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't mind most of SimChic's stuff. I've seen far worse. I wouldn't pay for them, but if it was a free site, I would probably download from there.

But yeah, those images you posted are...ugh!
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 12, 19:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimChic has a lot of terrible stuff, but there are a few really good things in there.  And their meshes are widely used and distrubuted, which is of benefit to the community.  They still must be destroyed, but they're not nearly as bad as Niven, who has no skins worth downloading and contributes nothing to the community... except amusement.

Hyperkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 12, 19:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like 10% of SimChic's stuff.
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 12, 20:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never been enthusiastic about SimChic's stuff. There are a few things I like, but for the most part I wouldn't download them.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 12, 20:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I have never even looked at their clothes.  But most of it is the same ol same ol.  They like to focus on the "as seen on" and hip celebrity stuff that you will probably see a gushing lot of, now that the grammy pics are up.  But their work is no better than any other photoskinner.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 12, 21:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eww, ROFL @ that nasty orange jacket/shirt outfit.  Simchic has several nice things, but NO...I would never pay for their stuff either.  I've downloaded a lot of their free stuff. But, hell, their free stuff is as good as the pay stuff to me.

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 12, 21:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the only good thing about simchic is the free-to-distribute meshes, but even those are the same ol' boring high heel meshes
obscurity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 12, 22:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like simchic's stuff, especially their meshes with those terribly deformed high heel feet.
frivolous
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 12, 23:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm different in the sense that i download practically all their clothes lulz.

however what pisses me off about them is they will have a picture of a gorgeous piece of lingerie/swimwear showing only the torso and when you get it in game:

for God's sake nobody wears high heels to go swimming.

url=http://www.freewebs.com/death-to-raon/index.htm]Recolours of ugly hair!![/url]

raonsims raonjena
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 13, 00:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "obscurity"
I don't like simchic's stuff, especially their meshes with those terribly deformed high heel feet.

I'm glad someone else thinks that those feet look retarded and lumpy.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 13, 00:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of high-heeled feet are just freaky looking.

And, as someone who's worn high heels probably three times ever, it annoys me that every damn mesh has to have high heels with it.  I hate sites where every outfit comes with stillettos.

Amy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 13, 00:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like their stuff neither. I used to subscribed for one month just to get some meshes ( that finally I didn't use...). But I like the distribution policy, so simple...and some meshes are nice (from my point of view of course!) I don't understand why people download all those celebrities stuff. When I play, I rarely get my sims wear formal. Maybe people who are doing contest can see the utility of these.

Some things are nice, but most is really ugly. I usually like photoskinned clothes when wrinkles are at the good places. The red jacket is scarry...someone have an iron...it looks like that a car passed over it...arrrgg!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 13, 00:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of SimChic stuff is absolutely fucking awful.  A little bit of it is quite nice.  It varies from artist to artist, and also from day to day.

My eyes are currently blind from that site though, so there's no going back!
Angelo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 13, 03:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never understood SimChic's popularity.  Their photoskins aren't the worst I've ever seen, but it's still nothing I would ever put in my game.  The male clothing is the worst.  The pants in those pictures look blurry and terrible, and the artist was too lazy to even line up the sleeves on the jacket.  They can't even be bothered to make a simple correction that would only take a few minutes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: