PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:10:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Why do people pay for some of this stuff?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why do people pay for some of this stuff?  (Read 31740 times)
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Why do people pay for some of this stuff?
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 08, 10:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
Also, paying for an item in the community is becoming a status symbol among younger players.  :lol:

True and sadly enough it doesn't stop there!

Owning a paysite is becoming a status symbol as well, and some people  whose age I will not comment  :lol: believe paysite creators get more respect from the community than those with free stuff whose stuff "gets taken for granted" Gee, if that's true, I wonder why almost every comment we get on Noukiesims includes a thankyou for being free... Cool

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 08, 10:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL you should know the rude comments I get by PM, like:

"I'm SO angry! I can't get that hair because the MESH aint included! WHY IS THAT!!"

"I WANT THE GUY IN THE PICTURE! I WANT THE GUY IN THE PICTURE! I WANT THE GUY IN THE PICTURE! I WANT THE GUY IN THE PICTURE! I WANT THE GUY IN THE PICTURE! "

"Ewww don't make pink hair! That's so ugly!"

No need guiessing their ages.

Inactive
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 08, 10:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I guess my statement needs revising. Every intelligent, sensible comment made by someone who isn't a preteen/hormonal/just stupid  :lol:

Although I do remember the Imogen Steenis craze. People have even PMed me about sending him to them.

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
sheehaz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 09, 02:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ghanima Atreides"

Although I do remember the Imogen Steenis craze. People have even PMed me about sending him to them.

:roll: Oh please don't even talk about that! Makes you totally avoid that thread on s2c.  Shocked
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 09, 02:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imogen Steenis, I ask stupidly?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 09, 06:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't he the winning model for NoukieSims?
Mat Cauthon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 09, 12:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is he the sim with elf ears on the first page of NoukieSims? If that is him I admit he is pretty cute, though I wouldn't send someone an annoying PM filled with, "I must have him!" LOL!

Mat
woes_wee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 09, 13:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
Also, paying for an item in the community is becoming a status symbol among younger players.  :lol:

Not just Younger players. Older ones do it as well.
Seems everyone is trying to get what everyone else does not have so they can show pictures of it.

Wee
Batelle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 09, 13:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two pay-site subscriptions going at any given time and have purchased download packs from a number of other sites.  I have a complex system of figuring out what the value of any given set/item subscription is to me before I pay so I rarely feel cheated.

I'm fortunate that I don't have a lot of costly habits or hobbies so I don't feel bad about paying for some things that I really like for a game that I devote a lot of time to.  I still spend about half as much a year as my boyfriend does on cigarettes, and game objects can't kill me.  

I also like the EA objects/textures a lot.  I know purchasing the stuff packs just encourages EA to make more so to make up for it, I give my replaced EP/SP discs to my sister so she doesn't have to buy it herself.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 09, 16:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "coliss"
Isn't he the winning model for NoukieSims?

Ahhh, he's pretty indeed!! But yes, not enough to become an obsessive demanding 12 year-old over...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 09, 17:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He is handsome! Cheesy Very yummy looking.

I also like EA/Maxis items. There`s just not enough recolors of their objects, so it's quite limited. That's why I adore HolySimoly, their texture are awesome. I don't really like ReflexSims, PeggySims or VitaSims for the objects: their meshes have potential (some aren't though), their textures look bad imo.
Mat Cauthon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 09, 21:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also like EA/Maxis items. There`s just not enough recolors of their objects, so it's quite limited. That's why I adore HolySimoly, their texture are awesome. I don't really like ReflexSims, PeggySims or VitaSims for the objects: their meshes have potential (some aren't though), their textures look bad imo.

I totally agree! My main beef with Maxis things is not that they don't look good (because I personally think they look great), but that I would like more recolors and furniture in the matching sets.  They have gotten better at this.  There are a lot of nice recolors for the furniture from OFB on.  And would it kill them to make a couple of more curtains? LOL! Yup I also agree that Holy Simoly's furniture is just as great looking as Maxis furniture.  I think I have all of their furniture sets in my game.  The Arizona set and the Basico dining room set are must haves for me.  

The thing is a lot of sites' items look great on the site...such as VitaSims.  Yet once I download it and get it into the game the textures are just ugh! That is one of the many reasons I don't feel bad at all about getting this stuff for free.  I got all of the VitaSim sets that I wanted for free and then promptly took them all out of my game because they just didn't look good to me.  I'm so glad I didn't waste my money paying for them.

Mat
Privateer
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 09, 22:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims, because gold mining just gets so darned dull.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 09, 22:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mat Cauthon"
The thing is a lot of sites' items look great on the site...such as VitaSims.  Yet once I download it and get it into the game the textures are just ugh! That is one of the many reasons I don't feel bad at all about getting this stuff for free.  I got all of the VitaSim sets that I wanted for free and then promptly took them all out of my game because they just didn't look good to me.  I'm so glad I didn't waste my money paying for them.

I agree. Most pictures that I have seen are too small imo to really see the details.

And yes, more curtains from Maxis would be good, and more matching sets!! That'd be awesome.

I use HolySimoly the most in all my games. Cheesy
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 09, 23:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ghanima Atreides"
Owning a paysite is becoming a status symbol as well, and some people  whose age I will not comment  :lol: believe paysite creators get more respect from the community than those with free stuff whose stuff "gets taken for granted" Gee, if that's true, I wonder why almost every comment we get on Noukiesims includes a thankyou for being free... Cool

That is so true as well, because at one time in the Sim Community, most paysites had nice stuff.  Most paysites were well know.  Now it seems like everyone and there brother has one, whether their content is worth being paid for or not.  

Whether people pay for crap or not doesn't necessarily mean it is better than free stuff, it could just be that gamers are stupid or inexperienced in the sims community.  Look at some of the comments that arrive from experienced simmers (IE. Why is Pescado allowed to have a paysite?)  Only true talent can earn you respect throughout the community, if you got, you got it, if you don't, placing a price tag on something doesn't make it look any better.  I personally respect creators who upload their work for free more than the ones that make me pay a hefty price tag for it.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: