PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:12:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Openhousejack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Openhousejack  (Read 138618 times)
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Openhousejack
« Reply #510 on: 2009 August 24, 05:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with dstar about Thomas and Atwa's little nicknames. When I call Thomas THOMASS, I do so because he's an ass. When I call Atwa ATWAT, it's because she's a twat. I sure don't think of anything they may or may not have done with each other. Why? Because the thought of it makes me ill. Just like the thought of Open House Jack doing what it's said he's done. Honestly? What he has or hasn't done with other men- or women- has nothing to do with this site and spreading it around by posting links to his blogs anywhere is sick. I DO NOT want to read that shit. If this thread didn't exist, I would've never known. And I could've lived with that.

There's only one thing left to say here, let this thread

ETA: I guess it depends on where you live and how certain words are perceived? Where I live- calling someone an ass means you think that person is a jerk and is acting stupidly. Calling someone a twat is acceptable (even though it's borderline offensive) and won't get you hit in return- calling someone a (forgive me, I HATE this word) cunt (the most vulgar word for the female genitalia EVER) will get you beaten. If you were to refer to someone as OpenAss Whoever? That's likely to get you beaten, too- it's a bit hard to pass that one off as non-offensive because of the connotation of the words open and ass together. So, I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence by saying I don't mean it that way. I DON'T mean it that way. And I doubt dstar does, either.

« Last Edit: 2009 August 24, 15:40:36 by mustluvcatz » Logged
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2009 August 24, 15:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Twat" is a vulgar term for the female genitalia. specifically the vulva. If you called her Atwit, (stupid, foolish, annoying) that would be in keeping with your stated intention. The purpose of calling her Atwat is to be insulting in the most derisive way. Ditto referring to Thomas as Thomass. The word "ass" is not used here as a shortened form of "jackass," which is generally taken to mean someone who is dull, stubborn and stupid. It is used as a reference to the buttocks, as is, in even more graphically insulting terms, "Openass Jack."

I don't come here to lecture anyone on how to use the English language, or indeed whether or not they should or shouldn't pervert people's names into vulgar insults. Just don't insult my intelligence by saying you didn't mean it that way. 'Course you did.

R.I.P. I shan't comment further.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2009 August 24, 17:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

R.I.P. to this thread, but twat is also a term in the U.K. for twit, idiot, fool, etc and as such, that's how I use it. I picked it up from a friend of mine in Britain...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: 2009 August 25, 04:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he word "ass" is not used here as a shortened form of "jackass,"

That's how it's used fairly consistently here.  Fair point on twat though.  I've long used it for twit in exponential form but I don't know how common that usage is.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009 August 25, 07:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden is spot, in the UK  twat is also a sharp slap as in " He insulted me so I twatted him"  or "If you don't shut up I will twat you"  As for Thomass and being mean by saying the ass is short for Jackass, I have never used in that context I use it to mean he is a total asshole.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: