PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:24:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A question/suggestion to the moderators
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question/suggestion to the moderators  (Read 32028 times)
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
A question/suggestion to the moderators
« Reply #75 on: 2007 February 03, 02:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, assuming someone is generalizing, because according to your opinion, is... is another generalization as well.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 February 03, 02:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it seemed too forced, egotistical and wordy then I suppose I have mastered the ability to mimic. Wink And I'm flattered by your suggestion that my writing is flawless!

Besides, I am well aware of my place in the Internet. It's mine.

CALL ME QUEEEEN! *whip*
Dance, my puppet, dance!

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
paganwolf
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 February 03, 03:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except of course on countries that still treat women like shit.

Well, I live in a western country, and I've met some men and boys here that still believe a woman's place is in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant. Also, I've personally have experienced men/boys who believe that a woman needs to be told what to think, when to think, how to act, dress etc and if she doesn't she deserves to be punished, that this is there god given right (yes, some abusive men do quote the bible to justify their actions) Just because some of a country treats its women like shit, doesn't mean everyone in that country does nor does a country that is suppose to be treating women 'properly' have all citizens (born there or otherwise) that do. If that was the case then the westernized parts of the world wouldn't have courts dedicated to domestic violence and shelters for women fleeing an abusive spouse.

Ok, I'll shut up again.
Wolf
Célimène
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 February 03, 03:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marhis"
By the way, assuming someone is generalizing, because according to your opinion, is... is another generalization as well.

Umm no it isn't, but thanks for trying to add to thread you retarded cocksocket. Yarr!

Quote from: "Silvercoin"
CALL ME QUEEEEN! *whip*
Dance, my puppet, dance!

WooHoo! You're the queen of all the premenopausal bitchy AOLers. And your high school guidance counselor said that you'd get nowhere with your attitude.

Seriously though, Silvercoin you seem to care. That makes me feel good. You view me as a kindred spirit, don't you? And the Web brought our tortured souls together, right?
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 February 03, 03:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're cute. Can I keep you?

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Célimène
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 February 03, 03:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Silvercoin"
You're cute. Can I keep you?

My heart grew three sizes today.
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 February 03, 04:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "paganwolf"
Except of course on countries that still treat women like shit.

Well, I live in a western country, and I've met some men and boys here that still believe a woman's place is in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant. Also, I've personally have experienced men/boys who believe that a woman needs to be told what to think, when to think, how to act, dress etc and if she doesn't she deserves to be punished, that this is there god given right (yes, some abusive men do quote the bible to justify their actions) Just because some of a country treats its women like shit, doesn't mean everyone in that country does nor does a country that is suppose to be treating women 'properly' have all citizens (born there or otherwise) that do. If that was the case then the westernized parts of the world wouldn't have courts dedicated to domestic violence and shelters for women fleeing an abusive spouse.

Ok, I'll shut up again.
Wolf

Yes, yes I know I took a low shot.  Even well-advanced nations still have abusive men but I tend to think this is not the norm.  They are deviants.  If the abused woman seeks justice then it is a fact she will be given one because there is an avenue for her to do so.  Contrast that to countries who still have non-existent laws protecting women.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
paganwolf
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 February 03, 07:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yippee, I wish I could think that way, but the stats from my area its a little hard to sometimes.
One in four women in Canada will fall victim to abuse by an intimate partner.

Our health care system will spend $1.5 billion treating abused women.

Three to six women are murdered each month by their current or former partners in Ontario.

FSA Toronto alone sees 1,000 women each year who have been abused by a partner.

And then the children of the ones that are not reported tend to repeat the cycle, sometimes without realizing that they are doing so. And as to justice, there isn't much justice in the justice system in my opinion, especially if it involves those under 18 at least not here. I speak this as the mother of a victim and as the so-called court ordered guardian of a juvenile offender. Here domestic violence gets you maybe 2 years less a day (not very often though, 1st offense usually only gets you probation and sent to a mens batterers group.)and most offenders are out on bail within 24hrs.

Wolf
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 February 03, 12:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 in 4?!   :evil:
Wolf, you're way off mark with what I'm trying to say.  Domestic abuse esp. with women is a frowned upon fact (I would like to think in Canada it is).  The
penalty for the offenders in your place are discouraging though but at least women can still seek some sort of reprieve.  Although I honestly feel sorry for your daughter (I have three sisters), so I'm not good with saying this things, but I mean well I hope she recovers soon from her situation.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 February 03, 12:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As to the banning of those 13-18, one of our family friends at 16 was more grown up and responsible then his like 38-40 yr mother.

There's no 13-18. There is 12 and there is 18. Users are specifically required to convincingly pretend to be older than 12, that is, 18+. Period. If I am not convinced you are convincingly pretending to be older than 12, you will be warned and then banned. Period.

And yes kids are smart, my son once tired to hide his tracks because he was going to a site he knew I felt was inappropriate for him. Key word there is tried.

He's not very smart, then. He should have learned to be more paranoid. If he can't hide from YOU, he's not hiding from Big Brother, either. Remember, Big Brother is watching you. It's not just in Soviet Russia that websites view YOU!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2007 February 03, 17:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O/T: Paganwolf: As a Canadian myself, I can see where you're coming from. Although I have never been a victim of abuse, I've heard too many stories about our so-called justice system failing our women. Some people believe feminism is a thing of the past, and while I don't know if you classify yourself as a feminist, I have to say that (in my opinion, and given the circumstances) we still need it. Not just for women, but as an action for all of humanity.
I offer you and your daughter my support.

Back on topic... As a 17-year-old, I have to shake my head at the sparring going on in this thread. Hey, I can't say I've never participated in an immature brawl, but isn't it ironic that such child-like behaviour is going on in a thread with members trying to convince others that [insert gender] of [insert age] aren't always "drama-whores"?
JustLiz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 February 03, 17:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

There's no 13-18. There is 12 and there is 18.
beawaywithit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 February 03, 20:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people really do live up to certain peoples' generalizations ,though. Which is a shame Wink

Quote from: "JustLiz"
Quote from: "Pescado"

There's no 13-18. There is 12 and there is 18.

Man I just quoted a quoted quote! I feel good about myself.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 February 03, 20:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Electricstatic"
Back on topic... As a 17-year-old, I have to shake my head at the sparring going on in this thread. Hey, I can't say I've never participated in an immature brawl, but isn't it ironic that such child-like behaviour is going on in a thread with members trying to convince others that [insert gender] of [insert age] aren't always "drama-whores"?

As mentioned before, here is your warning for failing to convincingly pretend to be older than 12. Admitting you are 12 is hardly a convincing way to pretend to be older than 12.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2007 February 03, 21:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I won't let it happen again.  *blushes*

Back on topic. Yes, we should read and follow the rules. And not make asses of ourselves when trying not to. I also think the forum works well the way it is, no offense meant, Alia.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: