PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:32:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A question/suggestion to the moderators
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question/suggestion to the moderators  (Read 32034 times)
The ISZ
Landlubber

View Profile
A question/suggestion to the moderators
« Reply #45 on: 2007 February 02, 01:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not a personal attack on anyone specific or all women over thirty.  I find it humorous that folks are taking it that way.

All I said was based on what I have observed in forums and chat rooms that I frequent.  It's been my personal experience and I will not apologize for saying what I did.  I never said that is was fact or that it was every woman over thirty.  Again, it has been my own personal experience.

Some people are taking it as a personal attack and it is not.  

Neriana, I don't think women should act this way or that.  I notice them because their words and actions stand out in general.  Yes, men are also big offenders, but in the places that I hang out it appears to be more women that act in a way that I find unsavory.  

Again, this is only my experience from the the chat rooms and forums that I frequent.  I don't claim this to be the case in every forum and every chat room on the net.  I don't have that much time on my hands to do that.  

I really wish you'd get that this has been my personal experience and my opinion based on said experience.  It is not a personal attack on all women over thirty.

o man is totally useless — he can always serve as a bad example.
Paysites Will Be Defeated!
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 February 02, 01:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Célimène, As a woman waaaayyyy over 30, I salute you.

The ISZ, give it up! The more you talk, the more ridicuous you sound. Sweeping generalizations always sound ignorant and so do you. No ammount of "in my experience" nonsense will dig you out of this hole.  :roll:
The ISZ
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 February 02, 02:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see that opinions here are only ok as long as you agree with the majority.  I completely understand.  Got it, I'm right there with ya.

What you or anyone thinks of me is irrelevant.  I don't know you from squat.  

I don't just agree with the majority.  I tend to think for myself and have my own opinions.  The fact that you can't deal with that is your problem, not mine.

You sound ridiculous to me by taking what I said as a personal attack.  Maybe you see a little truth in what I say and it bothers you.

Hyperkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 February 02, 02:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not bitchy just me. :lol:
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 February 02, 03:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a woman way over 30 myself, I don't feel anything wrong on chatting about differences, being them real or not.
What may be sexist (or racist, etc.) is the context in which those statements are used, not the statements itself.

Denying the alleged existance of facts maybe is not sexist, but for sure is not very useful for anything.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
The ISZ
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 February 02, 03:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I do not get is why my opinion based on what I've seen is being labeled as a gross generalization.  I need someone to explain that to me.  Seriously.

Obviously my repeating that it's based on what I've seen is totally lost on some folks.  You can call me whatever you like if it makes you feel better.  I'm ok with it.  If that's all you've got then so be it.

darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 February 02, 13:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehrrrrr...seriously? But Women over 30 I know are so filled with drama like Paris Hilton's brain is filled with working cells.
Yea.

Highschool is where the drama is regarding female population. Geez there is SO much drama, I couldn't stand it. Awful bitching over there most of the time.

But 20+ is all the men's territory. Seriously, they're sometimes SO immature, I'm starting to believe that their midlife crisis starts already then.
Just kidding. I guess we all like some drama!bitches from time2time. Wink

So I dunno with WHAT kind of weird whacko women you work/live with but we're definately not from the same country. Or planet, that is. :roll:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 February 02, 14:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "The ISZ"
What I do not get is why my opinion based on what I've seen is being labeled as a gross generalization.  I need someone to explain that to me.  Seriously.

This is your gross generalization, quoting:

"I have found that most of the people in forums and chat rooms that are annoying and act juvenile are women over the age of 30." Methinks that your encounters, even if they're precise, are not enough a statistical sample...but really, just stop nitpicking and pointing out "I said IMHO, I said IMHO!" like it matters. Generalizations  and people who get pissed at them is a normal part of online forums' daily life. What a big deal, a bunch of strangers on the Internet don't like you. Cool

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 February 02, 16:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's interesting. I'd have thought only kids with no lives could afford to spend this much time and energy on a video game ^_^ now I stand corrected. Only kids with no lives and women over 30 with no lives bother XD
paganwolf
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 February 02, 16:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I'm a 31 female, and to be honest, I've seen more 'masked' hostility type behavior from women over 30. And I've also met a lot of over 30 women in some form of power who don't like it when you won't go along with what they say or want you to do without question. Also, it seems to me, they are the group that give advice even when they know nothing about something(I've been guilty of this one, even before I was 30 lol) But I must say, that for the most part, the nicest women I've ever met are the ones over 50. Well, until you do something extremely stupid. LOL

As to the banning of those 13-18, one of our family friends at 16 was more grown up and responsible then his like 38-40 yr mother. She was almost never home, and he was more a parent to his younger siblings then she was. What's really scary in my opinion is that my 11 yr son can act older then a lot of the so called adults here, and can tell when something is being generalized and is a personal opinion.
I police my children's internet use to the point where I must have access to their email accounts. And yes kids are smart, my son once tired to hide his tracks because he was going to a site he knew I felt was inappropriate for him. Key word there is tried. Its a parents job to be smarter then their children. In my city neighborhood I see way too many under 7 out with younger siblings by themselves for hours on end. I worry more about what might happen to them, then what they might be accessing on the internet. Most kids learn the worse stuff from their peers then they do from the net. Hell, I heard the 1st racist remark out my son's mouth this week, and where did he learn, from one of his peers.

Just my opinions on this matter, now I'll shut up
Wolf
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 February 02, 17:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Women over the age of 30 are drama whores/stupid.
2. Women under the age of 30 are drama whores/stupid.
3. Men under or over the age of 30 are drama whores/stupid.
4. Anyone with a vowel in their name are drama whores/stupid.
5. Anyone with light hair are drama whores/stupid.
6. Anyone with dark hair are drama whores/stupid.
7. Anyone who thinks they are drama whores/stupid are drama whores/stupid.
8. Anyone who thinks they are not drama whores/stupid are drama whores/stupid.
9. Anyone with a vaguely dark pigment to their skin, if only a freckle, are drama whores/stupid.
10. Anyone who thinks the above was racist are drama whores/stupid.
11. Anyone who thinks the one above the above was not racist are drama whores/stupid.
12. Anyone who jumps into the middle of the ocean and complains about sharks being in it are drama whores/stupid.
13. Anyone who did not get that I was comparing the ocean to the Internet and the sharks to the drama whores/stupid are drama whores/stupid.
14. Anyone who breathes are, at SOME POINT IN TIME, drama whores/stupid--period.
15. Anyone getting their panties in a twist because The ISZ made a comment about his or her experience with dramawhores/stupidity are drama whores/stupid.

Seriously, what the hell? Your way of proving that women over thirty aren't juvenile would be to admit you're over thirty and act juvenile*? People are stupid, every last one of them, regardless of age and gender. Pull your head out of your ass if you think otherwise then consult the list above.
*Excludes Neriana, Marhis, tIIsuggas and JMZ. Possibly others, but I'm too lazy to check.

Can we argue about something a little less retarded now?

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 February 02, 17:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Silvercoin"
*Excludes Neriana, Marhis, and JMZ. Possibly others, but I'm too lazy to check.

You forgot me. :shock:

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Célimène
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 February 02, 17:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Silvercoin"

People are stupid, every last one of them, regardless of age and gender.

I wish your presentation used less specious logic.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 February 02, 17:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So dead redheads, who are exactly thirty and haven't read the racist/unracist statement are NOT drama whores/stupid!

Pity I'm not a 30 year old dead redhead....well maybe not.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 February 02, 18:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That list was probably the most asinine thing I've read all day.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: