PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 14:06:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Problem Files/Overwriting Maxis
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem Files/Overwriting Maxis  (Read 18835 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Problem Files/Overwriting Maxis
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 19, 21:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the pictures either lorelei.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 19, 21:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe it requires being logged in (although it shouldnt be required since the admin can set it to allow guests to view attachments and not be able to download them without registering)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 20, 06:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
maybe it requires being logged in (although it shouldnt be required since the admin can set it to allow guests to view attachments and not be able to download them without registering)

I think this is the key. I am auto-logged in, as I am sole user and admin on my xp machine. It's only passworded at startup when I am traveling. So, as I am logged in, I see the images.

Try registering, and let us know if that helps. But really, it's not that important to see my images, unless they will help you identify buggy content in your own game visually. If you don't have any grey loveseats from 4esf, or black modernsims.de dining chairs, or the Holly chair from Wallsims, you're safe from these particular borkifications.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Ymits
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 25, 09:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the images only show up for registered members of the forum.
ThePurplePirate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 13, 13:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Ski Lodge Bed from Sims Connection overrides the Maxis bed that came with Open For Business. And Coco Sim's Laptop from the Bachelor Pad Set overrides the Maxis Moneywell computer.
DarkTears
Landlubber

View Profile
Might Be The Wrong Place
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 23, 16:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be the wrong place to post this. I did find a problem file, but it doesn't overwrite anything.

In booty/savagesims/Aquariums and Fish/ the file savagesims-aquarium-kelpbass.zip is corrupt.

Thank you.
DarkTears
Landlubber

View Profile
Might Be The Wrong Place
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 23, 16:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be the wrong place to post this. I did find a problem file, but it doesn't overwrite anything.

In booty/savagesims/Aquariums and Fish/ the file savagesims-aquarium-kelpbass.zip is corrupt.

Thank you.
DarkTears
Landlubber

View Profile
Might Be The Wrong Place
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 23, 17:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 24, 02:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmed. We're going to phase out the error reporting soon, however, and implement an automated integrity checker instead. This should cut down on the frequent reports of broken files which later turn out to simply be a loose nut on the keyboard.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Problem Files/Overwriting Maxis
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 26, 14:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Camilla"
:idea: If you find custom content that is overwriting original Maxi stuff, please post it here.

Recolors of Birgit's Villeroy & Boch bathroom sink will overwrite your Maxi pedestal sink.
http://www.birgit43.de/index.php?navi=sets&setid=5&set=25&site=4

For this sinke there is an update at meshkiste

http://www.meshkiste.de/bad.html

with a new guid!  Smiley

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
PirateMap
Landlubber

View Profile
custom content that is overwriting original Maxi stuff
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 21, 18:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simsconnection.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=11&Itemid=127&limit=1&limitstart=3

I had this standing medieval floorlamp (candelabra) at Sims Connection overwrite the original maxis standing candelabra.  I removed the Sims Connections one, and the Maxis one returned.  Which was good, because I preferred the Maxis one.
IceBlu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 28, 19:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*block and paste from mispost of new topic*

I tried downloading the fence collection 2.rar from PSMBD/TSR/Windkeeper a couple of days ago and got a corrupt message. I waited a couple of days and tried downloading it again this evening. Same thing. I'll get some of the files from the UN-rar but not all. Here's the message I get:

windkeeper 0 fencecollection2.rar: CRC failed in Fence Collection 2\wind_fence_latticeshortlightwood.package. The file is corrupt.

----------------

Regarding a CC file overwriting a Maxis file... I can't be sure if it's being done by Aussie Top Ender's oversized oleanders or not... still testing that but something has wiped out my Oleander. Does anyone else have a missing shrub they'd like to send me?
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 01, 17:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For this sinke there is an update at meshkiste

Great! Thanks.

Does anyone else have a missing shrub they'd like to send me?

wish I could help, but I'm botanically challenged.  :lol:
IceBlu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 04, 21:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:  Thanks Camilla, I appreciate the thought.  I think the giant oleanders from Aussie TopEnders overwrote it but I can't be sure of that.  I deleted the oleanders I got from there then managed to find a free house on TSR that showed original oleanders in the yard so I downloaded it and now I have my regular oleanders back and the big ones are gone.  *shrugs*  Can't give ATE a bad rap if their giants didn't do it so I must say I can't be sure.

Now, next overwrite... my upright piano is gone. *groans*  I don't usually give my Sims pianos..... they paint but this house theme requires an upright piano (old style).  I have a feeling the culprit is one of the pianos I recently downloaded... either a grand piano from Simsnobs or one from Simplan-x or one of the electric keyboards I got from 11dots.  I would really love to blame this on Maxis since they had a grand piano and were too lazy to give it to us in Sims2.  I'll be testing to see who the culprit is on this one then keep the one that survives my sledgehammer.
 :twisted:
IceBlu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 07, 16:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "IceBlu"
Now, next overwrite... my upright piano is gone. *groans*  I don't usually give my Sims pianos..... they paint but this house theme requires an upright piano (old style).  I have a feeling the culprit is one of the pianos I recently downloaded... either a grand piano from Simsnobs or one from Simplan-x or one of the electric keyboards I got from 11dots.  I would really love to blame this on Maxis since they had a grand piano and were too lazy to give it to us in Sims2.  I'll be testing to see who the culprit is on this one then keep the one that survives my sledgehammer.
 :twisted:

I believe the culprit to be either the piano from Simplan-X or possibly Simsnobs.  Both seem to have some adverse effect on my game so both were tossed out.  The others from Blacky, ATE, Simenapule and MTS2 seem to be fine and do not interfere with the Maxis upright piano.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: