PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:56:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Was I dreaming or what?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Was I dreaming or what?  (Read 21520 times)
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #45 on: 2007 January 27, 17:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noodles, I wasn't referring to you, specifically, but to the general feel of the forum. Unfortunately, a very small percentage of newbies go ahead and read all the stickies when they join. I've seen it in many other forums, and sure, it's annoying, but what can you do? It's got to be annoying to see the same question asked/answered ad nauseam and I can see why it can piss folks off.
As far as spammish comments, there really is no reason to post to build your count here, as far as I know, so anyone making what you (the cumulative you, not you specifically) consider inane, is just a way of trying to join in and become a part of the forum. It's intimidating to join in when you are new to a forum where you are a noob.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #46 on: 2007 January 27, 17:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Involving yourself in the community is nice but spamming is only a detriment to your "rep gaining" as it were by posting.  By spamming you're not letting others get to know who you are.

Most of what was deleted was pretty much irc fodder without the irc channel.  It had zero revelancy in regards to what PMBD is trying to accomplish.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #47 on: 2007 January 27, 18:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."
Oh well, if you want us the spammers to leave then just say so. I'll go. (I hope I'm not turning into lyric-lee here...)

You might be. You're making this all about you and it's not. This board was intelligent and hilarious. It turned into Morons-R-Us. We shouldn't have to tiptoe we're PIRATES!

If I were Bluesoup, I'd be ready to quit. Do you really expect her to wade through pages of shit and make value judgements on if it was spam or not to avoid hurting anybody's feelings?

Get over it and drop the drama.  :roll:
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #48 on: 2007 January 27, 18:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're pirates and don't have to tiptoe like you said, so I "raised my voice". Hey, I'm not gonna take my toys and go home(not that I have toys, but...).

PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #49 on: 2007 January 27, 18:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Camilla"

As a newbie, I have to tell you, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling here. I would like to take part in this forum, since I enjoy snagging the payfiles, but it seems that anyone who isn't one of the 'in' folks get cut off at the knees when they post.  Just my feeling, for what it's worth.

Remember that scene in Fight Club where the guys had to stand outside the house for days and be abused by the people inside it, and if they took the abuse and stayed they'd be let in? Well this is the outside of that house.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 January 27, 18:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, it's a Pescado-run site. NO WARM AND FUZZIES!
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #51 on: 2007 January 27, 18:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."
Oh well, if you want us the spammers to leave then just say so. I'll go. (I hope I'm not turning into lyric-lee here...)

I don't think it's so much leave, the only person that's been extremely annoying (as far as I've seen) has been zatanna. It's just to not spam up every single thread.

I haven't seen a lot of utter crap posted by you, so don't take it as personally as you seem to be.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #52 on: 2007 January 27, 18:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please define Spam. Are you referring to someone posting a remark that doesn't directly advance the thread; IE., LOL...or "me too"...or similar? I think I'm having a problem discerning what would considered Spam or what would be an attempt to comment on the thread topic. I am not trying to be argumentative or snippy, but I think a clarification would be helpful to many. I belong to an assload of forums and some are a bit more lenient, so it would be good to know what your criteria is.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #53 on: 2007 January 27, 18:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've asked that spam be defined too. And since this seems to be blowing up so big. I'll not spam any more. There. Simple.

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #54 on: 2007 January 27, 18:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zatanna had a habit of responding to every post and more often than not it was complete fluff.  It did not advance or enhance the thread whatsoever.  It might as well of been just "lol" but she managed to make the fluff posts more wordy than that.

ETA:  She had nearly 300 posts in only 13 days since joining.  You can imagine how many of those were quality posts.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #55 on: 2007 January 27, 18:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought all that crap about husbands was pretty spammy, very IRC-like, and definitely best kept to PM or MSN, whatever. Also, the aims to get a higher post count by saying useless shit like, "I agree," to 5 million posts, pretty much qualifies as spam.
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #56 on: 2007 January 27, 18:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, it's a Pescado-run site. NO WARM AND FUZZIES!

For the record, I've run into Pescado elsewhere and while he wasn't exactly warm and (possibly) fuzzy, he was nice and helpful. He will deny this. :lol:
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #57 on: 2007 January 27, 18:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't take your deletion personally, Wicked Wench. Lots of people lost their accounts due to the mass deletion too, especially if they signed up within the week.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #58 on: 2007 January 27, 18:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
I thought all that crap about husbands was pretty spammy, very IRC-like, and definitely best kept to PM or MSN, whatever. Also, the aims to get a higher post count by saying useless shit like, "I agree," to 5 million posts, pretty much qualifies as spam.

I think that when you couldn't go to any thread without the husband crap, it crossed the line. I do miss jesserocket though, she was usually funny.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #59 on: 2007 January 27, 18:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! I see sorry about that husband crap. Just went a little over board with it. But a lot of people not on the list participated with us on most of that stuff.  And to post for post count is just ridiculous I'm sure most of us weren't doing it for that at all

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: