PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:17:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Was I dreaming or what?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Was I dreaming or what?  (Read 21518 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 27, 16:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Noodles"
Quote from: "RedLove"
I was wondering if I should make a new Random spam thread for those of us that like to drift off topic?

Please tell me you are not serious about that.  Why would you want to have yourself known as an annoying spammer?  Why would you want a thread devoted to pointless one line remarks?

Well...I'm not sure what the real meaning of spam is. I just mean for the people who like to drift off topic....If its a bad idea then excuse me. Just a thought  Cheesy

Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 27, 17:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, unless I was hallucinating, there was a specific Spam thread yesterday, with an admonishing post directing anyone who wanted to post drivel to do it there and not in other threads. It appears to be gone as well.
As a newbie, I have to tell you, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling here. I would like to take part in this forum, since I enjoy snagging the payfiles, but it seems that anyone who isn't one of the 'in' folks get cut off at the knees when they post.  Just my feeling, for what it's worth.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 27, 17:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Camilla"
It must have been a server phart, because several of the threads were interesting and relevant and not spammish in the least.  IMHO

It's not a server fart. It was a deliberate move, like I said earlier. Did you even read?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 27, 17:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! No camilla I'll definitely welcome you  Cheesy  And yes there was a spam thread but like most said it must have been deleted or is still here but hiding some where.  And I'm not sure we have an "in" crowd here. If we do...I wanna join  :oops:

torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 27, 17:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please tell me you are not serious about that.  Why would you want to have yourself known as an annoying spammer?  Why would you want a thread devoted to pointless one line remarks?

It's gonna happen anyway. so if you don't want to read the twelveness then we'll have a thread which YOU and everyone else can ignore. It was Blue's idea anyway.

edit: Camilla, you're right. Most of the newbies who dare to post get yelled at for their moronness.

Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 27, 17:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Spam Thread clearly didn't work as well as expected, because you spamming sheep just kept on spamming up the other threads too. Like I suggested earlier, a Gitmo for the spamming sheep, with Gitmo-only access, would be the way forward. Then we'll really keep them separate from non-spam.
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 27, 17:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a newbie, I have to tell you, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling here. I would like to take part in this forum, since I enjoy snagging the payfiles, but it seems that anyone who isn't one of the 'in' folks get cut off at the knees when they post.  Just my feeling, for what it's worth.

*points out the point of this board isn't to create warm fuzzy feelings for newbies*

That being made clear, we are able to be straightfoward and honest here w/o worry of being maligned for being "OMG SO MEAN AND NASTY I CANT BELIEVE YOU DONT THINK IM THE GREATEST PERSON EVER!!!!!111"  I for one am sick and tired of the relentless asskissing and sappy sweetness that seems quite common on other message boards.  Too bad Elau isn't around for me to use as an example.

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 27, 17:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That being made clear, we are able to be straightfoward and honest here w/o worry of being maligned for being "OMG SO MEAN AND NASTY I CANT BELIEVE YOU DONT THINK IM THE GREATEST PERSON EVER!!!!!111"  I for one am sick and tired of the relentless asskissing and sappy sweetness that seems quite common on other message boards.  Too bad Elau isn't around for me to use as an example.

There is a middle ground between the asskissing and just being assholes.  We can be civil and not call each other names.  If you feel you can't then take your hands off the keyboard.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 27, 17:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*points out the point of this board isn't to create warm fuzzy feelings for newbies*

I think it's pretty obvious that I was being facetious about that, but I am not 12, and really see absolutely no reason why you would want to alienate members. If you don't want people to join, perhaps you should restrict your membership. If by asskissing and sappy sweetness, you mean treating members and their opinions with a modicum of respect, then that's an issue for which I have no answer.
I don't like joining a forum just for the downloads, I try to participate and get to know the members.
rocket
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 27, 17:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think the Birgit/junipersun thread had gone off topic. The last few replies were about what was going on over there, but it's gone as well.

I guess mine is not to question the great and powerful Oz, er, Admin.  :wink:
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 27, 17:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's pretty obvious that I was being facetious about that, but I am not 12, and really see absolutely no reason why you would want to alienate members. If you don't want people to join, perhaps you should restrict your membership. If by asskissing and sappy sweetness, you mean treating members and their opinions with a modicum of respect, then that's an issue for which I have no answer.
I don't like joining a forum just for the downloads, I try to participate and get to know the members.

Before this spirals out of control:

1: I do not alienate anyone as far as I'm aware, I tend to err on the side of being overly polite.

2: I never said I don't want people to join, where is that in my post?  

3: By mentioning "ass kissing and sappy sweetness" that's exactly what I meant.  I'm not talking about the basics of polite conversation.  I say my pleases and thank-yous.

4: My issue is the fact many newbies register on this site and spam the hell out of it without ever bothering to read rules and previous posts to see if questions have already been answered.

I don't hate you Camilla, I just hate feeling like I'm walking on eggshells everytime I disagree with someone and this is a forum where I don't have to worry quite so much.

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 27, 17:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We seemed to have a lot of people agreeing about the recent spamminess on this forum, before it all got deleted. Hmm, wonder where they all went?
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 27, 17:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have lives and are actually doing something productive?

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #43 on: 2007 January 27, 17:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
They have lives and are actually doing something productive?

Ooh. Touche.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #44 on: 2007 January 27, 17:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, if you want us the spammers to leave then just say so. I'll go. (I hope I'm not turning into lyric-lee here...)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: