PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:28:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Was I dreaming or what?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Was I dreaming or what?  (Read 21524 times)
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #60 on: 2007 January 27, 18:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.

Last night I got extremely tired of all the craptastic posts by the worst spam offenders (and Surelyfunke has defined that quite well) and I was deleting random threads and posts that fit the spam criteria.  Then I just went, "It's all fucking spam, these fucking retards" and decided to delete everything.  I told Pescado halfway through what I was doing so he could sort it out from an older backup.

So some really good things got deleted, and some not-so good things got deleted.
lnichols
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #61 on: 2007 January 27, 18:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first thought as I read this thread was the old "Pirate Song" by Ray Stevens. The pirate captain is talking about going out to rob, loot and pillage. groggin' and wenchin' etc. and one pipes up "I don't like it. It's not me" Sorry, I just had to share that.  Smiley
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #62 on: 2007 January 27, 18:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well no great harm's been done, we're still here Smiley

I hope it was a cathartic experience Cheesy

Our lil friend must be stopped.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #63 on: 2007 January 27, 18:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Inge. Nobody has been hurt (maybe a few feelings but BLEH) We should put this behind us. Then when something else comes up that might turn into this we can all just say "Wait think about the Time of the Spam"

Smiley

P.s what cathartic?

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #64 on: 2007 January 27, 18:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cathartic - rid oneself of urges.

I am glad that we did not lose Blue.  I might be a mean salty pirate, but I have been checking back to see if Blue surfaced again.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #65 on: 2007 January 27, 18:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I certainly feel better now. Smiley

Listen, in the Birgit thread last night, it was mentioned about CC stuff that overwrites Maxi's crap. Can we start a thread listing the stuff that we run across that does that? It would be helpful. I had mentioned that her Villeroy (V&B) sink overwrites the Maxi vintage oval pedestal sink.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #66 on: 2007 January 27, 18:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
I think that when you couldn't go to any thread without the husband crap, it crossed the line.

It wasn't EVERY thread... :oops:
I think Red answered that comment better than me.

And, tbh, I stopped thinking about my post count early on, which is weird for me. I only replied when I wanted to make a comment. It may have been seen as spam, but I very rarely posted anything as fluffy as "I agree" and that's it. I have my own forums which I've moderated in the past and therefore I know how irritating it is to get a one-liner or a smiley as the entire post. I mean, I know I've probably done it myself and I do apologise, but I do know what it's like.

Blue: There were some extremely good threads that got lost in the homicide. It's really quite a shame. We may have to rebuild some of these threads (the ones that were actually on-topic) and who knows; we may get somewhere.

I have to be honest with you, though. When a post you've added 12 pages or so to gets wiped, it gets disheartening. I don't want to play with the Carla thread any more. It's just tiring, trying to write what you've already written or whatever. Most people won't bother, and then you'll end up with a million new threads which say exactly what the old ones said.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #67 on: 2007 January 27, 18:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally don't care if you are disenhearted by the stuff that got lost.  Rebuild it, don't rebuild it, I don't care.

Some of those threads (like the Carla Niven one you mentioned) are just bordering on silly now because they're so long and people are saying the exact same things that were said 60 pages ago!  Move on!
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #68 on: 2007 January 27, 18:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Camilla"
Well, I certainly feel better now. Smiley

Listen, in the Birgit thread last night, it was mentioned about CC stuff that overwrites Maxi's crap. Can we start a thread listing the stuff that we run across that does that? It would be helpful. I had mentioned that her Villeroy (V&B) sink overwrites the Maxi vintage oval pedestal sink.

That would be very helpful I think, go ahead and start the thread and maybe provide links to the content as well (on the actual site, not the booty) so those of us who don't have the names of all the CC memorized can see what you mean!

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #69 on: 2007 January 27, 19:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, done. I posted a link.
zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #70 on: 2007 January 27, 20:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate Booty anytime you post all you do is bitch and whine. So you're pointless.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #71 on: 2007 January 27, 20:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shut the fuck up you worthless pile of shit.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #72 on: 2007 January 27, 20:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is borderlining on 12ness and spamming. C'mon guys we just got over the big Spam/12ness thing lets not start it back

Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #73 on: 2007 January 27, 20:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*wanders off humming* ...kumbaya  :lol: and so it goes...
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
Was I dreaming or what?
« Reply #74 on: 2007 January 27, 21:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to do something that I don't do very often... speak up.

Zatanna, I'm afraid your posts were annoying the hell outta me too and I was wondering why no-one was calling you on it.

Actually, I had noticed that the spamminess was spreading exponentially despite the Random Spam thread, and I don't blame Blue in the slightest for deleting. (although it is a shame that some quality posts were lost)

As Red says, I'm sure we can all put the last couple of days behind us. Maybe it won't get so spammy now everyone has had a wake up call.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: