PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:53:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A NEW PAYSITE!!!!  (Read 22504 times)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #45 on: 2007 January 31, 20:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tinkrfreakinbell not to get on your case or anything but it's not assumptious but presumptuous  And no I'm not being an elitist and jumping on the whole misspelling band wagon. English is my native language and I still make a lot of mistakes.  I teach English to non native speakers so I have an extremely high tolerance to mistakes, unless I'm teaching them (the students not the mistakes).  BUT I give anyone props in attempting to speak any language other than their own, regardless if they are a pay site or not.  Especially us native speakers tend to forget how good we have it that our language is the most used 2nd language in the world, and get pissy when someone isn't 100% perfect at it.  All i can say is get off your fucking high horse and master another language then we'll talk.  Have a nice day Cheesy

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #46 on: 2007 February 02, 16:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone has an issue with speaking english and wants to open up a sims 2 freesite (I draw the line at paysites), I design webpages for a living (I charge 15/hr but I'd give you a $5 discount if you mention PMBD), I can design you a website, I speak english well and in fact am taking English as a minor.

and I have spellcheck!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #47 on: 2007 February 02, 17:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this site a couple of days ago. It's funny when you see hair that looks like someone else's hair. Ah, Poser. ♥ And the texture is weird judging from those pictures.

I don't care if she makes mistakes in English. It's funny, but it shouldn't be taken as a personal attack (such as laughing at her because she's "stupid"). I don't think it's a problem since you basically just download (if you're a subscriber :roll:) and look at pretty pictures.
mel
Landlubber

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #48 on: 2007 February 03, 11:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this site use the same meshes as rose and peggy? or similar but a tiny bit different? Because these are REALLY similar to peggys and roses. (one is similar to Helgas too)

But i do like hair 4, though I wouldn't pay for it.

And with the language thing, I don't mind so much if they have broken english, but if it is a paysite and they're mostly dealing with english (this is what I think) speakers, they should hire somebody or something to correct their errors.
megawarrior
Landlubber

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #49 on: 2007 February 04, 00:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the hairs look like peggy's. :?
feelingevil
Landlubber

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 February 04, 06:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "coliss"
I've seen this site a couple of days ago. It's funny when you see hair that looks like someone else's hair. Ah, Poser.

You would think these site owner would be smart enough to seek out a poser mesh that 10 other sites were not using. :lol: Oh, yeah...if they were smart, they wouldn't try to rip us off...
simhunter
Landlubber

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #51 on: 2007 February 04, 21:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the hell are these people buying poser meshes and converting them to sims 2 meshes. They are wasting alot of money to buy a stupid hair, they should just stop being idots and buy poser, make a hair and sell it on a poser site instead of sims 2.

I dont think this site is buying them though. I think this site is probably downloading them from the booty and changing the file name and making a shitty ttexture and saying they made it.

I just bought poser 7, and when i figure out how to make really good hair i will upload to MTS2 for free.  Cheesy
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #52 on: 2007 February 04, 21:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think those are Poser meshes... nor that the habit of Poser conversion is as rampant as it may have been thought.  If one's gonna make hair for TS2, converting Poser meshes is generally not a wise way to do it.  It's more trouble to convert than it's worth - anyone capable of doing a good conversion could probably make their own hair from scratch, and could do it a lot quicker than converting.

Many of the suspected conversions from Peggy/Rose/others are almost assuredly copied from Poser meshes, but actual conversion of the meshes/textures hasn't been proven with either of them - nor do I think Raonjena's are Poser meshes.  Quite frankly, I don't think they look good enough to be Poser conversions.  Sure are high-poly enough to be though.

I also don't think that if someone were going to try to convert a bunch of Poser meshes and then sell the hair for pay (or do it without permission from the original artist) that they would bother actually purchasing them.  Just like everything online, there are pirate sites for those, too.

I don't think they're stolen/retextured from Peggy/Rose either.... though I agree the textures are ucky.
flyingpigeon
Landlubber

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #53 on: 2007 February 04, 22:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh?

Meh meh?

But my real concern...

WTF.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #54 on: 2007 February 04, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I kind of like that last hair.  I haven't seen it in game, but it would be great for my demon spawn child!

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
A NEW PAYSITE!!!!
« Reply #55 on: 2007 February 05, 00:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like that last hair too. It's not so bad.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: