PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:45:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What happened to LyricLee?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What happened to LyricLee?  (Read 27657 times)
photo
ARR!

Ish a vampeah

View Profile WWW
What happened to LyricLee?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 19, 01:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat.... its a chatroom type thing. MTS2 and S2C share a chatroom that you can access from those two pages... basically its a very large drama pit... (thats why i like it! its funny)

Is a female
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 19, 05:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shelikescake"

actually, fairly quick after she was "let go", cokenasmile and whiterider became admins. course whiterider has made her own little drama in IRC as well so i'm not sure if shes still an admin

They're mods, not admins - big difference.

What did whiterider do in IRC?

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 20, 00:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBooty"
What did whiterider do in IRC?

I also want to know!  mmm... gossip.... so sweet and juicy...

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Immortal
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 20, 04:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "bethgael"

She certainly sings a different tune about that.

Now, you can't go and say something like that without elaborating. Wink

I'm not sure the exact story she gives, but she somehow spins her firing (I don't think she says she was fired, even) into some sob story about how the rest of the staff were evil backstabbers who got rid of her so they could have her job (I haven't seen another admin being made, guess her job wasn't needed anyway!) except nengi and her brown tongue, of course.

Well she was let go as well, not too long after Lyric.  I believe she's followed Lyric to exnems site.  I really love her houses.

ne by one they died.
A massacre that took all night
They had no chance, it was no fight
You can't kill what has been killed before...
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 20, 04:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Got_Nerd"
I'm pretty sure she didn't get paid - none of the other mods do. Lyric was speshul though...  *shrugs*

Well now Smiley This may just be juicy rumor. but I heard, from several unrelated sources back a year or so ago, that 'some admins/mods' do indeed get 'paid' by Delphy to the tune of several hundred dollars --500 ok I heard 500 dollars!! ...like TKD was said to have gotten 'paid' frequently Smiley ....Supporters money no doubt....

Ya like that for gossip?
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 20, 05:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rumours maybe started by someone who wanted to cause trouble there. I dont think moderator position should be paid. Remember Delphy and all have enemmies that will say nasty things that they cant substantiate just to cause trouble. I saw a good example yesterday of that.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
discordkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 20, 11:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Immortal"

Well she was let go as well, not too long after Lyric.  I believe she's followed Lyric to exnems site.  I really love her houses.

Nengi left on her own. just because people are no longer mods doesn't mean they were fired... so stop assuming...
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 20, 11:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea of the MTS2 arrangements for paying staff, but I would totally disapprove, on the grounds that there are almost certainly plenty of people who would be willing to do it just for the pleasure of being involved with the site, and it is therefore not a necessary outgoing from the donations.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 20, 11:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do so love the rumours that fly around in this community. Smiley

Whoever said the staff gets paid (to the tune of $500 no less!) was talking out thier hat.  We all do it for the site and not for any kind of financial renumeration.

I have never paid any of my staff anything, but since we are friends we have done the usual things like send pop tarts or small things like that to each other, completely not connected with the site at all. Maybe that counts? Wink  Or maybe they mean "paid" in thanks and hugs over MSN or something...

I am perfectly aware of the spin that Lyric puts on the whole affair.  The fact that the rest of the staff basically where sick of the drama and decided to instead concentrate on making the site better and run without her somehow translated into "backstabbing" and "voting off the island".

Also, I would like to point out that being made an op on IRC does not in any way make you a staff member of MTS2. Please don't confuse the two. Smiley I have brought people on on MTS2 but as moderators to help with the site.  I have not made anybody an admin since there is really no need for another one.

With that said, Lyric did do a lot of work, and although we might have our differences, I do wish her all the best of luck in whatever new position she is in now.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 20, 12:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
I do wish her all the best of luck in whatever new position she is in now.

I don't.  Or should I say I always got on fine with her and I *do* wish her all the best for the future...  but not in the position she's in now - involved with a paysite! Cheesy

Our lil friend must be stopped.
gethane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 20, 15:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Immortal"

(hope I quote right person)

She's got her own site (asfaik) It's in her sig at MTS2. I check there periodically. Her houses really are beautiful. I've found them unwieldy for my own play style however and had to drastically change many things, so now I just love to look at them for ideas for my own houses Smiley

I don't know where this exnem's site is though, so maybe she's there too.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 20, 16:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'paid' has a lot of room for interpertation. What I heard was that Delphy sent money to some of his girls (call it pay or money to tide one over or whatever same difference.) I heard this from one girl he sent it to.....nasty lie? Maybe and maybe not.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 20, 16:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OhhhhOooh0ooo evil rumors about Admins Who Do Nasty Things! How cute!  Cheesy

You are lucky, Delphy, that those rumors involve only something about money; I run a MUD and I'm amazed on how much hate this hobby may rise!
According to players (expecially those incidentally involved in bans or something), I've had slept with almost the whole admins/moderators population.
A player, who I had to punish for breaking rules, told me that he knows where I live, and will broke my backbone with a steel bar someday.

I love those funny brats.  Cheesy

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 20, 16:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah people are pretty pathetic liars and will say anything to start rumours/shit.

I don't know who said what but I wouldn't trust the likes of LyricLee, Pooja, Blackkat13 etc as far as I could throw them.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 20, 16:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A good thumb rule to detect rumors might be asking the rumorer about "Who, When and Where".
If any of these can't or won't be answered, then it's probably Real Bullshit™

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: