PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:46:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Helga may be showing Peggy the way out!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Helga may be showing Peggy the way out!  (Read 49903 times)
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
Helga may be showing Peggy the way out!
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 17, 04:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to check this site out more when I have a little more time on my hands. I will say, I downloaded all the Rose hair from here, stuck it in my game, and then deleted it all. I hated it. I've heard so much about it too so I thought I'd find some good stuff. Nah. I've tried a few of Peggy's too. Hated them and deleted. Seems they look fine if your sim stays still but once they move around and bend over and look up and stuff it just goes to hell.
postergirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 17, 04:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Actually, I'm not terribly impressed with anything from Peggy or Rose. I like some of XM's styles but the colors are from the Crayola box.

YES. I think they have horrible textures and such wonderful meshes. I actually only use XM Sims recolors from MTS2, I don't even remember the last time I had one of their original colors in game. :roll: Nouk has the best free hair all around I think, even if it's a tad too shiny for me sometimes.

I don't really like Helga's blondes and reds, blech.

size=9]why we all gotta look, gotta act the same? i say, if you're born a lion don't bother trying to act tame.[/size]
Chasie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 17, 05:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like Helga's stuff. It looks alot like Peggy's work, but it is much better. I think she is a great artist, and not just at hair, but at objects too.
Miguel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 17, 07:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i rember her MTS2 days Cheesy !! her hairs really are simliar to peggys if not more "real" everyday type styles i like them alot Smiley i think also a new layout could really help her site alot, unfortunatley im pretty sure eventually she'll have a donate pack or two
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 17, 15:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Nouk's hairs. The animation is so nice. The textures are a bit shiny for my liking but the overall colors are good. They're so cute and animated so well I keep them.
WonderRik
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 17, 15:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Helga's hairs, even if some of them are a little high on the forehead I like the textures and my only real complaint is the lack of naturalistic reds but that's something of a community wide complaint so I don't hold it against her.

The thing about XM hairs is that I just download the mesh and wait for somebody to do a recolour.  But it's usually worth it, even the hairstyles I don't care for are usually well animated.

I love Nouk's hairs. The animation is so nice. The textures are a bit shiny for my liking but the overall colors are good. They're so cute and animated so well I keep them.

That's pretty much how I feel.  That's one of the reasons I love her Afrocentric hairstyles so much, they're beautiful but not shiny.  I went through so much trouble to get her new dreads and I loved them
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 17, 16:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "postergirl"
Actually, I'm not terribly impressed with anything from Peggy or Rose. I like some of XM's styles but the colors are from the Crayola box.

YES. I think they have horrible textures and such wonderful meshes. I actually only use XM Sims recolors from MTS2, I don't even remember the last time I had one of their original colors in game. :roll: Nouk has the best free hair all around I think, even if it's a tad too shiny for me sometimes.

I don't really like Helga's blondes and reds, blech.

I do the same, for the XM hairs. Mac, you worded it perfectly: crayola box colours...

Nouk, well, I have a couple of her hairs in my game but they mostly look sucky in my game...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 17, 16:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Nouk's hair looks so good for me, especially the dark lady braids. Oooohhh, love those.

You're all right about XM hair. The meshes are fab but you gotta wait for someone to do decent recolors.  Tongue
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 17, 17:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Nouk's hair looks so good for me, especially the dark lady braids. Oooohhh, love those.

You're all right about XM hair. The meshes are fab but you gotta wait for someone to do decent recolors.  Tongue

Yeah you do. I usually pick D-something's. I can't remember. ^^ I also use Punkchique and Liegenschonheit's. I'd check, but MTS2 is down. Bloody hell--that site never works for me anymore!!

I don't know what it is with Nouk's hair but the only ones that work for me are the side ponytail ones. All others get bumpy, furry textures. I don't have a good graphics card. They just don't look good in my game and therefore I rely on the few I have. On the contrary, though, every item of clothing I've got from that site is superb. Nouk and Ghanima are amazing. I'm working my way through the other people but Noukie's site keeps mucking up every time I go there and takes like 60-million hours to get just into a section...and I have broadband!!!!

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 17, 17:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know! All this talk about hair made me want to see if anything new is up at MTS2, but it's down! Drat it all. MTS2 doesn't work well for me either.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 17, 17:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know! All this talk about hair made me want to see if anything new is up at MTS2, but it's down! Drat it all. MTS2 doesn't work well for me either.

Do you know why it's stopped working for certain people? It works fine for some of my friends. I hate MTS2's bad days...I haven't been able to get more than one thing--sometimes not even that--per day for the last month.

Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 17, 17:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering this myself because that site hasn't worked worth a crap for me since day one. I've got broadband too and I have no trouble with most other sites. It's a bugger. Whenever I do get on I go on a downloading spree because I never know when it will work again.  Tongue
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 17, 17:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering this myself because that site hasn't worked worth a crap for me since day one. I've got broadband too and I have no trouble with most other sites. It's a bugger. Whenever I do get on I go on a downloading spree because I never know when it will work again.  Tongue

Try now, it's just started working for me again.

Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 January 17, 17:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it's up for me now too.  Cheesy
graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 January 17, 18:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to download some stuff from MTS2 since before Christmas. Sad I have high speed cable internet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: