PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:32:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Another site goes free
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another site goes free  (Read 21680 times)
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 08, 01:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you, Motoki.  Part of it is just not wanting to get in trouble, and another part being the fact that most people cannot resist shiny free stuff and not wanting to admit to such wicked behaviour.   :wink:

I feel no need to "come out" here, since I'm not really well-known on Sims forums, or even that active on them.  It'd be useless.  Tongue  I'm more of a lurker anyway.  I am a member of S2C and MTS2, and if they ever ban me for partaking in this and "finding me out", it won't stir much shit up with me.  I just keep my mouth shut on it over there because it's a waste of my energy, no one is ever going to be swayed, and it just makes me frustrated.  I argued in length one time with some people about whether using a person's content in pictures, movies, and stories without credit to the artist was plagiarism or some stupid shit like that and that was the last time I ever bothered to express my opinion there.

Also, perhaps some of the people who don't want to be banned for their behaviour may simply not want to lose ties with their forum buddies (yay cliques), or to start a new forum life elsewhere and find a new clique.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 08, 02:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, I am sure there are cliques and reputations involved.

Seems like not being much better than Lyric Lee who tried to portay one image elsewhere and then the reality was she was actually downloading shit on here.  :roll:

And I agree about it being mostly a waste of time to argue with fools on the other boards, I gave several of them more than my two cents in my day, but ultimately I don't bother any more. No real point. I just don't post at those places anymore.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 08, 02:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wouldn't care if I got banned from the other boards: I too am mainly a lurker anyway. I'd lose no sleep over it, that's for sure.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 08, 03:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a bit afraid at one point of being ostracised from 'polite' sim society, but I let pescado pressure me into using my 'real' name here with the promise of a neato piraty title. Now that I have I realize that really, nothing has changed. Just about everyone I give a shit about knows exactly where I stand, and not one of them was shocked or distressed. I don't hang out at any of those fluffy bunny funbear sites Motoki mentioned, and they can kiss my ass anyway for being dipshits and banning members for things that have nothing to do with their sites.

When all is said and done, I'm pretty well pleased with my decision.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Nothlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 08, 03:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not like I'm post-whoring it up here but I'll admit to being one of those "pussies" I don't post on MTS2 and haven't done so in a long time because I just don't like the vibe I get from there, however I didn't want some trigger happy admin/mod to ban me for what I may do in the sims community (but away from their board) that's just ridiculous... since I still go there to get downloads and I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot.

though I doubt I'd be a target anyway since I don't post there, unless they'd go through the members list looking for "thieves".  Tongue
klapaucius
Landlubber

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 08, 03:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree - I don't see the point in hiding under a different name here. The name I use here is the same one I have for other Sim sites as well. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? If a site decides to ban a member for being here, then it's no big deal. The earth will still keep turning. It's not like anyone's going to come round and shoot my dog, for chrissakes.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 08, 03:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ensign EO said
"I agree with you, Motoki. Part of it is just not wanting to get in trouble, and another part being the fact that most people cannot resist shiny free stuff and not wanting to admit to such wicked behaviour. Wink "

The stuff here is not shiny, it is merely free. The shiny stuff elsewhere is always free.

Edited to make me appear more Awsome than I am.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Another site goes free
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 08, 03:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I felt like a new name, which was still slightly in the theme of previous names for me Cheesy

First person to guess who I am gets a chocolate bar!

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 08, 03:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vecki.
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Another site goes free
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 08, 04:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you cheat and look at IPs? Tongue

Oh, alright, here's your chocolate bar:

Sorry, I had it in my pocket. :oops:

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 08, 04:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I can't access IP's.  Vexed just reminded me of you.  Thanks for the chocolate, I'm gonna stick it in my freezer and get it all solid and stuff. Tongue
Another site goes free
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 08, 11:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Motoki"
Bah, I'll piss a lot of people off saying this, but when has that every stopped me?

I don't know, maybe I just don't get it because I don't give a hot fuck what people think about me and am not trying to impress anyone or get anyone to like me.

Preach it, sir, preach it.  Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 08, 11:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy don't give a rat's ass what drama ensues on another forum, as long as you don't screw up his and abide by his rules while you are on his forum. Sounds like a good fair deal to me. And yes, I heard this first hand.

Inactive
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
Another site goes free
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 08, 11:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only issue is loosing access to meshes and the like, or upsetting the creators I have on my site. While I am ready to go loud and proud, other creators on my site are a little more introverted. I use a different nic here out of respect to them, rather than to the offending pay sites.
-Missy

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
siggylove
Landlubber

View Profile
Another site goes free
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 08, 11:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, when I saw peoples names I recognised here, I thought it was great that they weren't afraid to compromise themselves in any way.  

I don't belong to that many sites but those sites I do belong to, can ban me if they so choose, no skin off my nose.  If we all stuck to our regular names, I think these sites would quickly find out that they are banning a huge proportion of the community and where would that leave them? I won't be changing my user name (even if it is crap), no siree.

'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotamy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: