PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:28:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Where to upload lots with custom content?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where to upload lots with custom content?  (Read 4438 times)
MissMuffet
Landlubber

View Profile
Where to upload lots with custom content?
« on: 2006 December 03, 00:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do a lot of building and have been using custom content from all sorts of places and that includes paysites (not like I paid for it though). I have no doubt that if I share them at the few regular sites I visit that I will get bitched at for this ridiculous copyright thing.  So, anyone know of a place that doesnt harass you over these 'rules'?
popsicle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 03, 00:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The giving tree at simsfilevault
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 03, 01:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, giving tree at Sims File Vault would be perfect Smiley
Freestuffonly
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 03, 06:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always post it up on the exchange Cheesy  That would sure drive those greedy site owners crazy.

SFV is a great place too, I love a nice furnished house, being that I cant decorate for shit.
MissMuffet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 03, 13:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your suggestion I'll check that site out. As for the exchange- When I registered my game during installation it crashed the pc. When I try to log onto the exchange it tells me I need to register, but when I register it states that my reg # is already in use! I have written to EA about 3 times on this issue and they never respond. If I could I would upload everything there, especially to piss off those paysite owners!
Cap'n Rachel Roughnight
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 03, 16:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missy"
You could always post it up on the exchange Cheesy  That would sure drive those greedy site owners crazy.

SFV is a great place too, I love a nice furnished house, being that I cant decorate for shit.

You know, all their crap they add on the bottom in regards to giving them credit or permission truly makes me want to register one of my EPs' under a different name using a friends’ computer (incase they IP ban me, and no I don't visit the BBS save for the fact that I still want to be able to get a patch or something from them one day) and use all their cc on my newly made design, upload them onto the exchange and give them no acknowledgment. I won't mention a thing.

Then I'll make a story or movie with their cc again, with no credit or permission. I've never written up a story or made a movie before, but what the hell, after viewing some of the stories I read, how hard can it be?

After making/writing the story I’ll deluge every thread in every section of the BBS and post a message begging everyone to read/watch it. I've seen many of the kids doing that and I know it really infuriates people:  :twisted:

I'm pretty confident they'll be enough hate threads regarding all this.
Ok, I’m not planning on doing this, it’s just something is wish I could do if I really had the inclination to really give a dam about them or what they say.

On another topic, I love SFV too. It’s very addicting
CrimsonPirate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 11, 23:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one.

I, too, wish to upload houses that I've made with donation packity goodness.

I tried Sims File Vault, but I can't seem to find anyone there willing to tell me where or how to upload.

I'm hesitant to upload them to the Exchange because some hacks in my game would be automatically included. I don't want to accidentally screw up someone else's game!

Does anyone know of any other places I can do this? I make pretty good lots; not really big and fancy, but they're functional and good looking.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 12, 00:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With SFV, you upload to YouSendit.com and post a pic in a thread. When people ask you if they can have it, you send the link to the YSI file to them in a PM.
This is the reason I love my nearly-site. ^^ Freedom to post pay crap and not give a damn.
If you're still looking when my site's up and running and I've found a permanent file host, I'll give you a page if you want. Decent free houses are always needed.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
anelca
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 12, 01:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i have just set up a site with a free file host to do the downloading thing
i only do houses as i am shit at anything else
i've only got one house up there atm and another one almost ready to go. the file site hosts for 30 days and if no one downloads they remove it but i guess if you find no one has downloaded you just go and download it yourself just before the 30 days is up

you can have a page with me if you want although i see Tchan has already offered
i haven't used cc that peeps don't want shared, only those that say you can but i'm happy for you to do what you want to be honest....neither the site host nor the file host are costing me a penny
CrimsonPirate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 13, 05:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I just checked with my own web host, and they said I can have a Sims 2 site on my account. I made them aware of the potential claims of "stolen" content, and they told me not to worry about it. They won't yank my site.

Tchân de Bouley and Anelca, thank you for the offers. Likewise, if either of you want your own section in my forum, let me know.  :wink:
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 13, 06:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol I love the "diaper pail"

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 13, 14:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol! I had fun reading the ABBR-whatever-they're-called tags on the main page. :lol: What's the site about? That bit, I mean.
No problem! It's alright though. Maybe if the site dies. ^^ It'll have to be formed first, though. ^^^^ :lol:  Cool

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: