PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 10:05:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Hooray!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hooray!!!  (Read 22653 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Hooray!!!
« Reply #75 on: 2007 January 21, 02:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might have been Fantasia.
Thanks for reminding me of that.
That was one of those movies that my friend made me watch when we were little.
Along with all her "New Kids on the Block" videos.  :x
I hate her taste in boy bands.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #76 on: 2007 January 21, 10:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It really is true about hippos. They kill more people in Africa every year than any other animal. It's partly because most people are too dumb to be scared of a wild animal just because it won't eat them, and partly because they're bad tempered buggers. The size of them helps too.
Cartoon hippos in tutus make people less afraid of them but stupid people dying isn't such a bad thing.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #77 on: 2007 January 21, 10:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked Fantasia.  I still do.  Didn't care for the second one though.  Like all disney things from the last 10 years, it completly lacked heart.  Or maybe they all do and I am only defining "heart" as "my childhood fondness and thus nostalgic qualities of".

As for hippos.  They ARE dangerous.  They overturn boats, that's what makes them so dangerous.  First they overturn, or even give it a good enough bump to knock someone overboard, then maul to death.

It's even more insulting because they don't bother to eat you.  At least if I'm killed by a lion, wolves, or some other carnivore I feel like I'm helping the system.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Not Paper
Landlubber

View Profile
Hooray!!!
« Reply #78 on: 2007 January 21, 10:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember hearing about how hippos have a tendency to interrupt alligators  (or crocodiles? I'm not sure which ones would be in Africa, at the moment) that are doing their "death rolls" on their pray.

The alligator is just rolling, and trying to kill its prey, and rolling, and-- HIPPO. Just bumping into it and throwing it off.

And the alligator is all like "ARGH WTF MATE" and the hippo is like "Yeah. I did that. You wanna make somethin' of it... punk?" And the alligator goes, "Sad n--no sir..." And just has to try again.

Those hippos interrupted my death roll, once, too. It was a sad occasion!
(Is this my admitting to being an alligator or crocodile? Who knows?)
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Hooray!!!
« Reply #79 on: 2007 January 21, 10:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its like Polar bears, people love them remember the ones in the Coco cola Ads, they look so benovolent. They are very dangerous.

red you couldn't pet a lion, he'd spring at you so fast lunge at you get the picture.

i think we get confused by how wild animals are portrayed, and how they really are. hippos always I seen represented as docile. Rhino dangerous. Even wild deer is dangerous, they can kill a person too, they have sharp hooves, and if a buck horns that are dangerous.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #80 on: 2007 January 21, 11:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Its like Polar bears, people love them remember the ones in the Coco cola Ads, they look so benovolent. They are very dangerous.

Here we use polar bears to sell Bundy rum and warn Swedish tourists about the egrarious and definitely dangerous Australian Drop Bear.

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #81 on: 2007 January 21, 11:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All animals are dangerous.  Havn't you ever seen the "WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK" series on TV.  That show cracks me up.

one of the clips is about a woman who brought her chihuahua into a convience store with her (in her purse)  Well, the convience store had a "pet" cat that lived there who didn't care for the dog.  So the cat lept down from a shelf or something and scratched the living daylights out of the lady.  I'm serious, it looked pretty bad, and I think she had to get stitches.  

That doesn't sound funny, but the voice over uses the most dramatic language and inflection to describe the events.

The ENRAGED feline FLUNG itself at this innocent shopper.  It proceeded to carve into her face with it's RAZOR sharp claws....  

lol, makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
Hooray!!!
« Reply #82 on: 2007 January 21, 11:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"

Personally I just remember the ones from the TV show "Lost". My youngest brother saw that, then refused to go to sleep until we checked his room for polar bears and convinced him that they're not native to England. >:D
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #83 on: 2007 January 21, 11:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have told him that they're not NATIVE to england.   But that there are LOTS at the zoo. :}

Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
Hooray!!!
« Reply #84 on: 2007 January 21, 11:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that would have been mean! Mean like hiding an old polar bear plush in his bed the next day. *cough*
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #85 on: 2007 January 21, 11:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A drop bear got my cousin.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #86 on: 2007 January 21, 11:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that Koalas are actually quite nasty of temperment.  I've also heard that they are so lazy that they always use the same hand for eating...  Something about conserving brain energy or something.

bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #87 on: 2007 January 21, 11:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
A drop bear got my cousin.

Yes, one of those.

And that's just a baby.

To quote the "Scared Weird Little Guys"  Australian Promo ditty:

Come to Australia, you might accidentally get killed.

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #88 on: 2007 January 21, 11:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Koalas are vicious bastards with very long, sharp claws. They spend their lives stoned hence the lack of brain. If you want to go near one, make sure you have the right sort of eucalyptus branch, they are very picky about which ones they eat.
Drop Bears are not koalas.

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Hooray!!!
« Reply #89 on: 2007 January 21, 11:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was talking about the koala Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: