PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:08:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free site v. Filesharing site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free site v. Filesharing site  (Read 4984 times)
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Free site v. Filesharing site
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 12, 17:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Filesharing only effects paysites as they loose money. If you make their files freely available over here, and words gets out, most people will not pay.

Like I've said before if two people have high speed access to the internet, access to same sites, there is no need to share is there?  Except, whats to stop mom who go on downloaded a bunch, now she distributes on the house network, to other family members these files. Maybe she controls filesharing because she doesnt want her kids to use some things in the game. So is that illegal? So she just shared with all the household that plays the game, they dont create stuff, they just play. Now suppose they have friends no internet, no high speed connection and she shares with them so they can play them in the game. That to me is not illegal. The people own sims the game, they should be able to enjoy custom content to, not be punised because they have no internet for whatever reason. Some areas here in the US, in the world is still dial up no high speed yet which is unreliable terrible hard for downloading, so why should these people be punished. I think filesharing in this capacity is legal. When filesharing is not legal is if you had bootlegged etc the actual Sims Games and paks, software ie Photoshop etc, music, and movies etc. All these things I listed are standalone. You cannot play the custum content by itself, has to be in the game to work so theres a different factor here.
I think the filesharing issue is completely not understood, if a bunch of us were working on a joint project say a story, where we each work on a chapter and pass it to the next person via the internet, that is filesharing. If I send you a family recipe via attachment through email, that is filesharing. Are these illegal no.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: