PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:44:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Dedicated Server
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dedicated Server  (Read 33473 times)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #75 on: 2007 January 14, 19:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is ALL voluntary, no one is forcing anyone to do anything.  And if we do get enough money then great!  I see it like the donation drive that MTS2 sometimes has.  They just make an announcement and if you are so inclined you can donate.  And this is going to a good thing, since i've had a lot of problems accessing the site the last couple of days well actually weeks Tongue  Yeah it's a bummer that we NEED one, but *shrugs* if enough money gets in then i think it's great!  And it's not just for here which i think some people are missing the point....so it's not just about us

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Dedicated Server
« Reply #76 on: 2007 January 14, 19:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
This is ALL voluntary, no one is forcing anyone to do anything.  And if we do get enough money then great!  I see it like the donation drive that MTS2 sometimes has.  They just make an announcement and if you are so inclined you can donate.  And this is going to a good thing, since i've had a lot of problems accessing the site the last couple of days well actually weeks Tongue  Yeah it's a bummer that we NEED one, but *shrugs* if enough money gets in then i think it's great!  And it's not just for here which i think some people are missing the point....so it's not just about us

I agree with Will--she has a point. It isn't just about us. It's a server that we will have for the entire year and we're already most of the way there. There is two sites' worth of people donating and I'm sure the MATY folks aren't downloading for the booty--which is FREE FOR ALL--and yet they still are. You do not even need to have a membership to download the paysite stuff. Therefore there is no irony. You must have misunderstood.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #77 on: 2007 January 14, 19:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tchan I think Will and I were making the same point, I was responding to Camillia, the 3 of us are in agreement as far as I can tell. Maybe Camillia should of elaborated her point better. I do not see the irony.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Scurv-aceous
Landlubber

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #78 on: 2007 January 14, 20:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also do not see the irony.  This is being done strictly by donation, not subscription.  No files are being locked away only to be accessed by paying customers.  So what is the irony?

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
...MATY and the main page are completely inaccessible to me now.   The phorum is only accessible because it's on a different server.
So it is not that the hosting site has locked these pages, but that there is still a sort of attack going on that is causing this?
Peachysakura
Landlubber

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #79 on: 2007 January 14, 20:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I had money to help donate, because I love what you guys are doing.  However, like so many others are offering, I have web space available if the need arises to help host files.
Did you guys take the booty down entirely now?  Because it says the page is gone.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Dedicated Server
« Reply #80 on: 2007 January 14, 20:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Peachysakura"
I wish I had money to help donate, because I love what you guys are doing.  However, like so many others are offering, I have web space available if the need arises to help host files.
Did you guys take the booty down entirely now?  Because it says the page is gone.

No they are switching servers. And i see where you are coming from. I wanna donate but can't because my parents won't let me.

mistymage
Landlubber

corn pirate, 1$ each

View Profile WWW
Dedicated Server
« Reply #81 on: 2007 January 14, 20:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent a bit.  Although I downloaded a ton a while back.. I really didn't keep much of it in my downloads.. but I do use MATY hacks.. and do like what I kept.. so I don't mind sending some money to help out!

Also.. I have a ton of space at my website if it comes down to needing to farm out files.

~misty

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Dedicated Server
« Reply #82 on: 2007 January 14, 20:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Tchan I think Will and I were making the same point, I was responding to Camillia, the 3 of us are in agreement as far as I can tell. Maybe Camillia should of elaborated her point better. I do not see the irony.

lol, I probably should have said I agree with both of you as well. ^^^
However, I do see the winking smiley she put up. Camilla should have elaborated better, as you say, but I don't know--maybe she was using the irony herself...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Colours
Landlubber

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #83 on: 2007 January 14, 21:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought I'd better de-lurk to say I've sent a payment. Even if all this doesn't come over (with the server purchase and all!), you can have it as a thanks for what you people have been doing so far. Appreciate it.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
Dedicated Server
« Reply #84 on: 2007 January 14, 22:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The biggest problem I see is that we've been arguing that paysites don't need bandwidth money because PMBD's costs are only $8 a month.  But if you think you can swing the cost then I think it'd be great.

I wish I could afford to help out.  Hopefully when I get my new job next Fall I'll be able to throw some cash your way.

Nadeshda
Landlubber

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #85 on: 2007 January 14, 22:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really like to help, but Paypal doesn't accept my debit card. I do have a small hosting from my ISP, though, and I can host some files if needed.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #86 on: 2007 January 14, 23:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"
The biggest problem I see is that we've been arguing that paysites don't need bandwidth money because PMBD's costs are only $8 a month.  But if you think you can swing the cost then I think it'd be great.

I wish I could afford to help out.  Hopefully when I get my new job next Fall I'll be able to throw some cash your way.

Paysites aren't even arguing they need the money for bandwidth though.  Plus, this isn't about bandwidth.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #87 on: 2007 January 15, 09:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New server is ordered.

Thank you all for contributing.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #88 on: 2007 January 15, 12:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you make a some sort of indicator or something for showing how much money is still needed? Because I'd love to donate, but I cannot afford to do it this month.

I know, the extra money goes to rum, but if you've managed to raise the whole sum by February and do not need money for the new server anymore, I'd rather buy me some rum instead!  :wink:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Dedicated Server
« Reply #89 on: 2007 January 15, 12:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have met the target goal already and the new buttocks have already been ordered. The target goal for next year is unknown at this time.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: