PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:55:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Would this be allowed??--Been named, now need URL name...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Would this be allowed??--Been named, now need URL name...  (Read 18638 times)
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Would this be allowed??--Been named, now need URL name...
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 12, 19:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

St. Virgo de Septembre?

Hah it's ridiculous, but it has the S alliteration so it still sounds good to those of us who don't speak french Smiley  I would make the site navigation a statue of Mary, or some other classical statute, and make it a vertical image map navigation bar Smiley  With a brown background...  With white...*runs off*

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 12, 22:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, I'd have never taken you to be a closet Christian. :lol:
Me? I'm atheist so it wouldn't work, lol! ^^^^
But making it out to be something it's not, now that I like. I could make a piss-take page or something. :lol: ^^^^^^^^^ Cool

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 12, 23:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not exactly a *closet* Christian. Wink  (but religious views are better not discussed in a forum devoted to Sims, ya know?)  I was thinking of the use of a statue more from an artistic standpoint than a religious one. When I made the suggestion I specifically was thinking about the statues on the facade of Chartres Cathedral in France.  They're cool because they're super elongated.

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 13, 02:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you could find a local street name or similar with La Dame in it, as according to what I read they use Notre Dame, Our Lady for Mary and La Dame, or Les Dame, referring to the fairies.
I can have a dig around if you like.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 13, 02:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my next ones have anything to do with Jersey, per say, but some  but they are off the top of my head.  I'm not very good at this Smiley  (Dour just means brooding, or darkly, it was the handle I used for an elf character that was very pale (Morrowind).  I used it for everything because it's easier than thinking of a new one).

I like St. Virgo too Smiley  
keeping with the hoity-toity foreign language theme:  here are a few others, the english equivalents are alright too.

Italian:

Fata della Vergine :Virgo Fairy
Fata fatale:  Fatal Fairy
Fate nell'Aster:  Fairies in the Aster

French

saphir sept:  Sapphire Seven

Spanish

El aster aterciopelado:  The velvet aster.

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 13, 03:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I am sticking with Jersey I have only been able to find one I liked. Information about Jersey the island is much lower in searches than New Jersey.
Le Creux es Feies - Fairy grotto

It's a shame you don't like Le Pouqeulaye. I got this somewhere else.
"The people from Jersey and Guernsey think they are descendants of fairies, known on the islands as “pouques” (pronounced “pooks”)! The last reported sighting of a fairy was in the early 1900’s!"

EVA'S LUCK.

As black-eyed, black-haired Eva Sauvet was walking one day in Jersey she saw a lozenge-marked snake, whereupon she ran away frightened.  When she got home and told her mother, the old woman said: "Well, child, next time you see the snake give it your handkerchief." The next day Eva went out with beating heart, and ere long she saw the snake come gliding out from the bushes, so she threw down her handkerchief, for she was too frightened to hand it to the snake. The snake's eyes gleamed and twinkled, and taking the handkerchief into his fangs, he made off to an old ruin, whither Eva followed. But when they got to the ruin the snake disappeared, and Eva ran home to tell her mother. Next day, Pere Sauvet and some men went to the ruin, where Eva showed the hole where the snake had disappeared. Old Pere Sauvet lit a fire, and smoked the snake out, killing it with a stick as it glided over the stones. After that they dug out the hole, when they found the handkerchief. Digging still further along, they came upon a hollow place, at the bottom of which they found a lot of gold.
Source: A Jersey fisherman. Reliable. He also informed me that large
stones, supported on others, were called "Fairy Stones" in Jersey.

"La Hougue Bie at Jersey is magnificent, but is only one of many. The official Jersey Museums guide to the archaeology of Jersey describes La Cotte de St. Brelade as "by far the most important palaeolithic site in Jersey; indeed the only cave/shelter in the British Isles to yield a sequence of deposits approaching the range and importance of those commonly found in S.W France."
A suitable name for a site with lots of hidden treasures?

What's wrong with Jersey Princess as a site name?

some caves on Jersey
Corbiere Cave - La Corbiere
Greve De Lecq Caves
La Rosiere

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 13, 03:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I hear Jersey princess I think of some italian lady with big hair, long nails and that is chewing gum.

Because I, like most american, think of New Jersey Smiley

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 13, 15:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feather: Jersey Princess as a title: I don't want to because I use that for everything and it's too identifiable. I know people IRL who wouldn't hesitate to fuck any site up with any reference to that U/N.
lol I'm not properly Jersey. I don't think I'm descenced from fairies, nor do any people I know. ^^
La Hougue Bie IS magnificent. We're going down for the summer solstice this year. ^^ I like it there. Solstices. Love.

Dour: Oooh. Morrowind. Nice. ^^^
lol! Italian? Naw, my parents were Scottish. ^^ I'd love to go to Italy...
I love "Fatal Fairy" ("Fata Fatale" sounds a bit...repetitive, but "Fée Fatale", the French, is lovely). "Fairies in the Aster" is sooo pretty, too. If I were to do something like "Saphir Sept" ("Seven Sapphires" sounds sooo nice though, it just runs off your tongue...) I'd do "Saphir Treize". ^^^ Or "Treize Saphirs"--13 Sapphires. ^^ The final one, "The Velvet Aster"...that's just beautiful. I love it. But it doesn't look right in Spanish. However, I like: "Fløyelen Aster" (Norwegian, but it doesn't really have any relation to me). The French is alright but I'm not too keen on it.
I'm a bit hesitant to go for anything with "Virgo" in it, for the direct meaning of "Virgin"...it can either be seen as religious or, well, other ways. ^^^

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Got_Nerd
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 13, 19:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bit late to the game, but if you like French bastardised with a bit of the Celtic languages (plus Sindarin)-

Le Caer de la Fée Fatale
(The Castle of the Fatal Fairy)

Le Pentre Saphir
(The Sapphire Village)

Les Asters Velours
(The Velvet Asters)

Les Papillons Saphirs
(The Sapphire Butterflies)

Pour la Mela Saphir
(For the love of sapphires)

Les Saphirs Da
(The Good Sapphires)

La Mela Da
(The good love)

Le Caer de Llyr
(Castle of the sea god)

Les Dames Saphirs
(The Sapphire Ladies)

Les Belles Fées
(The Beautiful Fairies)

Les Belles Saphirs
(The Beautiful Sapphires)

Les Belles Dames
(The Beautiful Ladies)

Les Saphirs Chats
(The Sapphire Cats)

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy/]PeggySims2[/url]
OpenHouseJack
Exnem Sims
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 13, 20:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, no worries! The game always needs more. That's what makes it a party.

I loved your long Welsh place. ^^ I had fun trying to pronounce it. It didn't work. :lol:

Le Caer de la Fée Fatale
(The Castle of the Fatal Fairy)

I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's nothing else I can say. I LOVE it.

Le Caer de Llyr
(Castle of the sea god)

Sounds lovely. ^^

Pour la Mela Saphir
(For the love of sapphires)

That one's nice. ^^ How about l'Amour de Saphir? If we're following on from the loving sapphires theme.

Les Papillons Saphirs
(The Sapphire Butterflies)

I like that one, too.

If I'm to be truly honest, at the moment my favourites (out of the ones I've been given) are Le Caer de la Fée Fatale and The Velvet Aster.

Any way of combining the two?? ^^^^^

Or maybe I can name my site one and the forum the other...Huh

Got_Nerd
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 13, 21:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Le Caer de l'Aster Fatale, perhaps?

Llanfair Pwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrbllantisiliogogoch

Llan-vair Pull-gwin-gill-gog-er-ick-wern-dr-bul-llan-ti-silly-o-gog-o-goch

Assuming you know how to pronounce Llan.. which takes some learning, if you haven't been conditioned from birth  :wink:

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy/]PeggySims2[/url]
OpenHouseJack
Exnem Sims
graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 13, 21:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pfffffffffffffft.

You should name it Morgendorfen.

Or, er. Le Caer de Isla de Morgendorfen.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 13, 22:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Llan? Um, I'll take a stab at it and say something like "lyan" or "yan"...otherwise I've not a clue.
What's Morgendorfen, Grania?

Methinks I'm going to name it Le Caer de la Fée Fatale. ^^^

Now, I need a way of putting that in an url. That's not going to fit! "Fatale Caer"? FataleCaer.moonfruit.com?

graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 January 13, 23:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Llan? Um, I'll take a stab at it and say something like "lyan" or "yan"...otherwise I've not a clue.
What's Morgendorfen, Grania?

Methinks I'm going to name it Le Caer de la Fée Fatale. ^^^

Now, I need a way of putting that in an url. That's not going to fit! "Fatale Caer"? FataleCaer.moonfruit.com?

The double LL is a breathy sound. Put your tongue behind your front teeth and kind of breathe... Or make a "th" sound before the L. So like... thLan.

"Morgendorfen" is something Sims say in game, when they're pissed off, I think.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 January 13, 23:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, really? I never play with my sound on. :lol:

*practises* Thlan...sounds funny. Cheesy Cool

Thanks!!

Site will probably use the url LCFF.moonfruit.com

Thanks for all your help, especially Feather for all the info on Jersey, GotNerd for coming up with the end title (and giving me visual fun) and Torquey for coming up with some good names.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: