PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 17:16:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Would this be allowed??--Been named, now need URL name...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Would this be allowed??--Been named, now need URL name...  (Read 18668 times)
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Would this be allowed??--Been named, now need URL name...
« on: 2007 January 10, 22:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking of creating a website. I mean, I AM creating a website. About to. lol ^^
It's going to be a Sim Model Agency, so it will feature lots of sim models in clothes and hair belonging to various people (not all affiliated with me, to be honest, though I have two outfit creators in tow and a trainee hair-recolourer, and I have a couple of big designers allowing this scheme to use their content--with full credit, of course).
The thing is, do you think I'd be allowed to make it file-share-friendly? I don't mean by making my models wear pay content. I understand that that is probably Very Bad and will make paysite-defenders hate me as I am offering everything on my site for something called "FREE" (and warm fuzzy carebear feelings), which paysite-defenders do not seem to recognise the concept of. It will make paysite owners hate me, when I've never done anything but float butterflies their way and hide here.
What I mean, is do you think I'd be able to add a big explanation on my site as to why you should not pay for paysites and a link to PMBD?? Or would that get me killed??
I just thought I'd better get your responses first. I don't want to die. Not painfully, at least.
Thank you.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pwing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 10, 22:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have your own site, why couldn't you psot your opinion and link where you want to? Isn't that one of the best things about having your own site...

Are you worried that non sharing people will not like that you have that there? I can't imagine that if they like your stuff they will equate your opinion into whether or not to download things...  I know I personally don't like a lot of people's opinions on things and I still play with their toys... (and not just the ones in the booty)
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 10, 23:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carnaby sims has a really lovely "file share friendly" button that you can put on your site (assuming your TOS adhere to the "rules" of the button)  But really, people who love paysites.. they're going to defend them very loudly, but most people agree with you, that paysites are annoying.  I wouldn't worry about offending people.  Lord knows I'm sure I have stepped on more than 1 toe Cheesy

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 10, 23:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I wouldn't worry either. Stating your opinion especislly on your OWN site is perfectly OK. A link to PMBD aswell.  :wink:

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 10, 23:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not the only person who links to PMBD on their website, so I really wouldn't worry about something like that.

If paysite owners hate you, meh, who cares?  (But you'll find no one cares).
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 11, 16:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I was putting up a site, I'd feature/display/offer any file I wanted to. IMO, it is firmly established that pay sites are wrong, and wrong in so many ways it isn't funny, and hence their files should be free so why not offer them f you want to, just like JM is doing here, just like SFV does in ther own way? Why not? Just be prepared to read some hate mail and be banned from some sites.  Does the banning really matter if theri is more than one of you? Keep one person 'secret' and use their name and ISP to access the sites that ban you. No big deal. So do what you want. I see nothing whatsoever wrong with this.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 11, 19:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have access to InSim and MTS2 from other people so I could, I guess. But I don't know how I'd use their ISP. That's just confusing. Plus, doesn't MTS2 not ban ISPs or something silly like that?? I'm only on InSim and MTS2 anyway. I never signed up to S2C or any other forums. Not even MATY, not that that matters.

If I were allowed to do what I wanted, I'd do this:
Freely offer every sim with what looks best on them, if it's pay or free, but with a link to the booty and a description of the mesh so they can download it, and full credit to the people who created it. The problem is that I'm sure that would get me banned by those who worked out who I was. I also don't want to damage one of the creators, as she's lovely and she has quite a few items on MTS2 up for grabs, and I don't want her to be killed because of my decisions. I'll talk with her about it, see what her morals are. I suppose the bright side is she can post all her stuff on my site if they work out who she is...

I will be putting up that FSF button, Dour. ^c^ Thanks for telling me about it! I don't do anything myself aside from make countless sims, though. ^^

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 11, 20:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 is not going to ban you for being on this site, nor will Insim.  Or else I would have been banned long ago. Wink
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 11, 20:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there you go! Don't mention her on your site other than on items she's made (I would never ever call something mine that I did not make. I do believe whole heartedly that a creator deserves fully to be give the credit for their creations--paid for them? no, given full credit them, oh yes!) When you want to access sites that have banned you use her name on her PC.

I am lucky enough to have internet access at several locations in my city, for instance the libray, so if I get banned and really still want on that site for some reason, I just go and make another profile under another user name.

She's the 'one' unless of course she wants to be recognized as an active part of your site.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 11, 20:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point. But why are they talking about banning people on SFV then?
I can see that they wouldn't for just being here. But if I posted a link in my profile and my signature to my site which contained free paysite stuff...that might be a cause for banning, right??

OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 11, 20:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see what the problem would be by putting things up...but it would be kinda nice if you would respect the free items terms of use, as they are free and they may be ridiculous, but we want to encourage the creators of free stuff Tongue  at least in my opinion Cheesy  But yeah if it's pay put it up with all credit but also link to the booty Wink  

Just ask the person who's stuff you want to put up how they feel about being file share friendly....that's all. (i'm referring to the person you want to have share the site with)  It's as simple as that

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 11, 20:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People don't get banned on SFV for sharing. Wink  That's the entire point of that site.  They get deleted for inactivity, but all they have to do is make a new account and actually be active on it.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 11, 20:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol well, the thing is that she's going to have a whole section on my site so unless she changes the name she goes by, she'll be recognised.

Quote from: "sickpuppy"
I do believe whole heartedly that a creator deserves fully to be give the credit for their creations--paid for them? no, given full credit them, oh yes!

Hell yeah. That might just have to be my philosophy too!!  :lol:

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 11, 20:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
People don't get banned on SFV for sharing. Wink  That's the entire point of that site.  They get deleted for inactivity, but all they have to do is make a new account and actually be active on it.

lol I know, it's the fact that people on other sites get banned for being on there. Which sites exactly, though?

OEW, lol, I like that. ^^ Of course I respect people's TOSes, where would I be if I didn't? For example, I know several artists who say you can post their stuff on simmies if you give credit--I mean, Nouk's site says that. I've got Fog allowing me to use her stuff. So it's alright. But this person--I don't know her opinion and so I'll ask her. Cheesy

So, pay goes up for free and a linkie to the booty and their site, and free goes up for free and a linkie to their site? Okey-doke. Happiness in a box.

It now needs a name. Hmm...

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 11, 20:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh ok, I get what you're saying now.

The sites that I know for sure will ban you from their forum are:  Reflexsimsforum and possibly Komosims.  Exnem Sims prolly would Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: