PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:41:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Delphy's MTS2 2007 Mission Statement
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Delphy's MTS2 2007 Mission Statement  (Read 37601 times)
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Delphy's MTS2 2007 Mission Statement
« Reply #45 on: 2007 January 12, 01:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Brn Pyrate Grrl"
Delphy's statement is most def a step in the right direction. And yes, I think that boycotting of TSR, Peggy & Rose would send a message to them: Your thievery and bullshit excuses are not the business anymore. We don't believe you.... you need more people!

I disagree that a full boycott will help anything... after all, we don't want people to stop creating altogether (although if they do take their toys and run, more power to them *rolls eyes*). A boycott of the pay part of the sites, certainly. Which, yeah, amounts to a full boycott of TSR. That sits very well with me, for some reason... Wink

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 January 12, 01:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that be a good idea, but how to get the boycott going. You have so many people that love TSR.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 January 12, 02:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I've never really "got" that.

The first cc site I visited (besides the exchange) was MTS2. When I finally did get around to having a look at TSR, it was so overloaded with crap and so badly designed by comparison, I left without even d/ling any free stuff.
Some of us still have to pay for our broadband over a certain useage on a per meg basis. Having to look at a plethora of crappy recolours w/o proper thumbnails just shytes me.

LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 January 12, 05:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boycotts don't really work.
I don't think it's necessary anyway. TSR's own changes have scared off their former supporters.

Quote from: "bethgael"
You know, I've never really "got" that.

Some of the FA content is good. The rotation cut down what you had to wade through, so it was possible to put up with their abominable site design. I'd just pop it up in another window and flip through when something else was loading.

It's sad that the interface is actually worse when you're trying to use the full site rather than the rotation section. Part of why their claim to charge for a superior service is so laughable.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 January 12, 05:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beth if you see the FA stuff, its much different than the free stuff. The free stuff can really be bad. At least have a quality check or something there, but they dont.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
Mission Statement.
« Reply #50 on: 2007 January 12, 08:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the statement was concise and well said.  I have been a member of MTS2 since it first became available and have full respect for everyone that shares and contributes on that site.

Without it, the gameplay just would not be worthwhile to me.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
DonovanCook
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 January 12, 08:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I'm coming to respect him more. Since he canned Lyric's ass he has taken the stand point he used to: Pay sites are evil.

Check out his post at s2c in the "Have The Paysites Debates Changed Your Mind?" thread.
And I don't care if I link it..... :roll:
http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=728550#post728550

quot;Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" -Marilyn Monroe

I don't laugh in death's face. I tend to make belittling comments and snigger behind death's back.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 January 12, 13:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "DonovanCook"
You know I'm coming to respect him more. Since he canned Lyric's ass he has taken the stand point he used to: Pay sites are evil.

Which brings me back to wondering: What the fuck is Lyric's angle? She doesn't even own a paysite, why is she so incredibly, rabidly pro-paysite?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
spookymuffin
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 January 12, 13:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Which brings me back to wondering: What the fuck is Lyric's angle? She doesn't even own a paysite, why is she so incredibly, rabidly pro-paysite?

I think the paysite owners have hired her as their "bull dog"
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 January 12, 13:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"

There's going to be a lot of this now that MTS has come out anti-paysite.

Although rather confusingly they still host and link to a paysite.  It never occurred to me Sapphire Sims would be a paysite till Delphy mentioned it on the federation forum.  I was quite shocked.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 January 12, 16:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
......Which brings me back to wondering: What the fuck is Lyric's angle? She doesn't even own a paysite, why is she so incredibly, rabidly pro-paysite?

She's joined up with Exnem, a paysite.

Delphy has found what he considers a 'safe spot' between paysites and filesharers. His stance is that filesharing is wrong and so are paysites. See? A nice safe/neutral area between both sides. Very diplomatic of him.

IMO, if paysites didn't require a 'donation' [read PRICE], if the idea of paying hadn't become as prevalent as it is, the files would be offered for FREE as they should have been since they are made with free programs, mesh importers, tutorials, help, etc. (as I've said from the start and Delphy reiterated in his statement.) Filesharing of 'a piece of a program' because that IS what a package file is, is not even close to 'filesharing'. The term 'filesharing' and the stance that it is 'wrong' came after the spread of pirating of software programs, Phoptoshop, Sims 2 and other games, etc. That to me is 'filesharing.' I can't find anything wrong with sahring a piece of a program, IMO. I'm waiting for a valid argument to change that opinion. Anyone wanna take a shot?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 January 12, 16:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Filesharing wouldn't be an issue without the existence of paysites.

However, I do believe that one can be pro-free without being pro-filesharing.  It's not only Delphy that believes that, and I respect it.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 January 12, 16:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I respect the stance or not.  :?
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 January 12, 16:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sickpuppy, who says you have to respect it?  Personally I don't think 2 wrongs make a right (as I've said), and the whole pro-filesharing thing is really going about "destroying paysites" the wrong way.  I doubt very much that it'll have much of a long term impact (sorry to say it, but filesharing has always happened in this community) - better to simply educate people and give them alternatives.  

Just try and see things from a bigger picture - you don't want to alienate creators becuase of pro-filesharing, you actually want to encourage free sites (and thus, anti-paysite) by showing alternatives to hosting etc.  You also don't want to alienate a lot of people who, for them, "pirating is bad, mkay?".  No matter how you put it in terms of pieces of software, you are putting yourself out to be "pirates" - avatars, forum names, sigs etc - and for many people thats a bad connotation.

You don't have to respect what I do - god knows many others dont.  That's perfectly fine - you have your opinion just like everybody else.

Oh and just fyi, Sapphire aren't a paysite. Smiley
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 January 12, 16:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I noticed the button wasn't working!  Good show on them, but now I want a voluntary donation button so I can show my appreciation Cheesy

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: