PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:16:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New FA at TSR
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New FA at TSR  (Read 17571 times)
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #60 on: 2007 January 07, 16:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seemed better in the TS1 days b/c blatant cheating in TS1 actually made the game more fun, not less. And now that the game itself has changed, they've still stuck to the same hack model, and that's why they've become hopelessly irrelevant.
angelus
Landlubber

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #61 on: 2007 January 08, 05:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to me that half of what creators/babies whine about is no one appreciating their artistry. At TSR they have the newbies treating them like little kings & queens for a day. I wonder how much coddling they get from the staff. To listen to what people who couldn't get stuff onto the site tell it, it can't be with the kid gloves some creators seem to think they deserve.

That said, I can hardly get stuff into a folder much less make anything.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #62 on: 2007 January 08, 05:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in TS1 I HAD to have the rejuvination shower/chamber from Simslice.  HAD to.  I had a couple of other gadgets from simslice but the rejuv chamber made the whole site worth it.

That said>  My favorite TS1 hacked object of all time was the "Flaming Mo"  I set more ugly children on fire than I care to count Smiley

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
angelus
Landlubber

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #63 on: 2007 January 08, 05:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the killin' of the chillins is half the fun.  :twisted:
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #64 on: 2007 January 08, 05:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"
It occured to me to play around with the numbers TSR provides.
I'm making assumptions based on scale, and prefer to go low rather than high, but you can do your own figures quite easily.
In fact, please do- I'm dyslexic, and numbers are not always my friends.

For entertainment purposes only!

There are 51 FAs right now.
We've been provided with the scale of $300 a month. It's a safe figure to use for our purposes, as some make more, but some make less. We'll assume for this that all the little FAs make their max each month (Oh, how we assume).

That's a potential payout of $15,300 per month.
Knocking off a month for fairness, that's $168,300 in 11 months.

$429,500 is 10,000 downloaders, if you give them all the cheapest subscription option ($42.95 for a year).

Logic Intrusion :
We all know the number of subscription members must be many times higher than this, otherwise the FAs would need every single member to download all their objects each month. We also know that most people will pay the higher fees, or won't be recurring members.
But as we haven't been provided real paid member numbers, we shall pretend TSR has exactly twice that number of constant members, all at the same rate.
The figure will be lower than the reality, but better too low than too high.
: End Logic Intrusion.

Doubled, that's $859,000 a year in subscription fees. $168,300 of that goes to FAs.

That's just depressing.

For entertainment purposes only! Do not try to use as actual TSR sales figures!

Quote from: "redisenchanted"

I've got no sympathy whatsoever to the new, bought-out FA's, but I think some of the older ones just don't want all the drama of leaving. It's not like they could take their creations with them anyway.

Yes, I do feel bad for the old FAs. Especially since I suspect they're some of the ones getting screwed in pay-rates.

But for the new FAs, holy hell.
Flip over for $300 max a month, with that many downloads required per $10? For this people are signing over their CC and all their other creator's freedoms?

Man, if you're going to sell out, at least do it properly.

Theres a lot of money for sure these places are making. I dont think FA are making that much unless its $300 or more an item. $300 a month, I would stick to doing it for free. I could see however as a young teen like FP thinking its good pay, but not an adult, especially when the guys running the site are making a bundle. If you look at all  the people running TSR they are making a good living off sim fans. Cool

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: