PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:38:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New FA at TSR
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New FA at TSR  (Read 17572 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 05, 21:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first they offer you 10 dollars per 10.000 downloads, and 300 dollars max per months when you start out as an FA.
Then, you can get bonusses for most downloaded, best creations, etc etc so there is some competition among the FA's. This is monthly if I understood it right.

Then there's people that get offered more because they make stuff that is very wanted. One person I know got offered 300 dollars to completely close down their site and become an FA.

I told an FA about this and she was very pissed off. Seems like not every FA gets all info on what's going on.

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 05, 21:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No way liegenschonheit - your work is too good for TSR - but if you want them to come calling, just put up a sob story at Digital Perversion - they'll come a knocking.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 05, 21:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
At first they offer you 10 dollars per 10.000 downloads, and 300 dollars max per months when you start out as an FA.
Then, you can get bonusses for most downloaded, best creations, etc etc so there is some competition among the FA's. This is monthly if I understood it right.

Then there's people that get offered more because they make stuff that is very wanted. One person I know got offered 300 dollars to completely close down their site and become an FA.

I told an FA about this and she was very pissed off. Seems like not every FA gets all info on what's going on.

$300 to close down a site doesnt seem like any reason for another artist to get mad? Well is that all they paid 2S2. i'd laugh at em, and say no deal at $300. I liked 2s2.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 05, 21:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FULL RANT MODE:

1. Some of those creators are grown men and women. They can easily get jobs and make more than 300 dollars. Right? I mean spend the time you use making CC to go to college or something and get a good job. Now don't get me wrong i think its nice that they make CC but I mean come on...I have a job (whine mode) and if i can get a job trust me ANYONE can. And Omg TEN dollars for 10,000 d/l? Wow these people. I mean if i was going to even give to a donation site(as in putting my creations up for sale) i'd want more than $1 for evey 1,000 d/l. Um some of these paysites out here make 2.50 - 5 dollars for one item/set. I'd either be pissed and complainin' or pissed and takin' all my s**t to my own site.

2. TSR is wrong for not informing ALL of their FA's about this business of them paying certain artists money for these things.

3. What in the hell is wrong with these people? They have proof that TSR is doing stuff behind their backs but do they quit you know maybe boy cott or what ever? No. They take it. Um Does TSR have a new kind of mind control machine?  :roll: Think they might let me borrow it?

RANT MODE: OFF

Cheesy I'm Done

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 05, 21:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"

Um Does TSR have a new kind of mind control machine?  :roll: Think they might let me borrow it?

Cheesy I'm Done

You can't have it, HChangeri needs it much worse than you do.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 05, 21:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"

Um Does TSR have a new kind of mind control machine?  :roll: Think they might let me borrow it?

Cheesy I'm Done

You can't have it, HChangeri needs it much worse than you do.

Awww Naw I'll get it. Although she'll probably put it up on a site and charge me 200 dollars for it? But i'll get it one way or another =]

tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 05, 21:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if TSR will be offering to buy this site out?

I don't know if the name was a conscious decision or not.  Totally free at the moment.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 05, 21:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The donations there are a little strange.  It brings up PayPal in a frame, but it looks not quite right and I stopped before entering my password.  Before donating make sure that really is Paypal who is getting  your info.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 05, 21:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is paypal. Just linked inside the frame.

edit: unless paypalobjects.com is not the real thing?

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 05, 22:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I was just being glib. I think the reason I've never been offered to be an FA at TSR is because for one my stuff really isn't mainstream enough, and two, I don't make meshes.

I already do have a sob story up on Digital Perversion, but sadly, it's true. Also, as Nouk undoubtedly knows, people in this community are very generous and willing to help out when not being coerced. In a day or so, I've received about half of what I need in donations. It's really just amazing, and I'd never even think about screwing those kind of people over for something as shitty as TSR.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 05, 22:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Some of those creators are grown men and women. They can easily get jobs and make more than 300 dollars. Right? I mean spend the time you use making CC to go to college or something and get a good job. Now don't get me wrong i think its nice that they make CC but I mean come on...I have a job (whine mode) and if i can get a job trust me ANYONE can. And Omg TEN dollars for 10,000 d/l? Wow these people. I mean if i was going to even give to a donation site(as in putting my creations up for sale) i'd want more than $1 for evey 1,000 d/l. Um some of these paysites out here make 2.50 - 5 dollars for one item/set. I'd either be pissed and complainin' or pissed and takin' all my s**t to my own site.

Well, alot of artists figure: if I can make some money for my hobby, not having to maintain my own site, and still have a cute minisite, then why not?

Inactive
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 05, 22:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies for two conversations in one thread.

Quote from: ".torque."
It is paypal. Just linked inside the frame.

edit: unless paypalobjects.com is not the real thing?

If you put www dot paypalobjects dot com into your address bar, it redirects to paypal.com, the official paypal site.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 05, 22:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can see that subscriptions for TSR have dropped. :roll: Boo hoo hoo. I hope they won't get more customers.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #43 on: 2007 January 05, 22:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, alot of artists figure: if I can make some money for my hobby, not having to maintain my own site, and still have a cute minisite, then why not?

Yes i know what your saying(that the artist say) But they can make MORE money by getting a job or maintaining their own site. If they got a job they wouldn't have to worry about waiting to see when people decide to d/l their stuff  and give them their "paychecks" Wouldn't you find it annoying to always have to wonder everyday if someone is going to download from the site you give ur creations to so that they can give you a measly 10 dollars(or 300 dollars for the good little creators <3) so you can feed ur starvin chilluns?  :wink:  And then you have to wait for 10 THOUSAND people to download your thing

Sorry if I'm getting a little carried away with this but it just does not make sense to me.

New FA at TSR
« Reply #44 on: 2007 January 05, 23:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RedLove, you're right, a grown person creating TS2 content and charging for it as their main job doesn't make sense. However, the less crazy ones create in their leisure time, and they might figure that if they're going to be creating anyway, why not make some extra cash off of it, especially if all they have to do is upload the stuff and profit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: