PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:09:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New FA at TSR
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New FA at TSR  (Read 17569 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 05, 16:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some vague memory of talking to one of the TSR bosses about being a contributor but the details are lost in the swirls of time.  I think it was before TS2 though.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 05, 16:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of all paysites, TSR is the absolute worst! They are like Teadrinker said, a Black Hole sucking more and more of the community into itself with no escape.
madcreator
Landlubber

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 05, 17:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was asked once a few years ago as well. I think they read that I had hosting problems and saw their chance. But I declared to them that I would rather go offline than be a part of their site...

I'm starting to regret now that I said no, I mean, If they're building a monkey army and everything I would like to be a part of it  :?
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 05, 17:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think when Seasons come out a lot of people are going to have to upgrade their PCS, whether its cards, memory, etc. rom the conversation I have had with my friend on this blue screen issue, he feels that there is something going on more with a game software issue, that we will continually have to keep CC levels small etc. Next time I talk to him I hope to be explain this better. My point is that I think what is going on with paks, and people probably having to upgrade, probably wont be able to play all paks with seasons with very little CC. So enthusiasm is going to flag here for CC, so that may take a toll on these places. And then we know after Seasons, EA will probabl release more stuff paks between next EP.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 05, 17:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like rather unjustified speculation to me, regarding needing to cut down CC. On my old computer, Sims 2 used to take half an hour to load. On my shiny new computer, it takes about 5 minutes, as well as running far more smoothly, and I have more CC than before. So, yeah, whatever.

Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 05, 17:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay for another new crappy featured fartist.

TSR does suck, like most of the FA's, they are hardly worth the money + the time submitting something  Cheesy
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 05, 17:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
I think when Seasons come out a lot of people are going to have to upgrade their PCS, whether its cards, memory, etc. rom the conversation I have had with my friend on this blue screen issue, he feels that there is something going on more with a game software issue, that we will continually have to keep CC levels small etc. Next time I talk to him I hope to be explain this better. My point is that I think what is going on with paks, and people probably having to upgrade, probably wont be able to play all paks with seasons with very little CC. So enthusiasm is going to flag here for CC, so that may take a toll on these places. And then we know after Seasons, EA will probabl release more stuff paks between next EP.

I highly doubt it. Although Sims 2 is far more resource demanding than Sims 1 was, demand for CC was stronger than ever when Makin' Magic, the final EP for it came out. And TS1 even had a CC limit, of 3Gb, I think...or was it 3.5? And from what I know, a very large proportion of players are more than willing to spend howeer much to upgrade their PC, just so they can run the latest EP AND keep all their pretties...so I ery much doubt demand will abate...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 05, 20:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3.8 gb - I had to get very complex and start packing things in .far files.   :lol:  They said unlimited space for cc. WRONG!

Now I have CEP, Squinge's mod for OFB napping (would get Pescado's if I could get his site) and the Insimenator - like a good girl.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 05, 20:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait. Do they get paid for joining? Because I don't know about you guys but it seems that some of the people speaking out against paysites are joining TSR? What? I mean they do know that if they become an FA their stuff will be pay right? Oh yea and if they post it on their are they still allowed to post it on different sites for free? Or is that -looks around and whispers- FORBIDDEN ? :roll:  Woo Im confused

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 05, 20:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confused by your post Red. Explain what you are asking.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 05, 20:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that Jirka would become an FA.

Of course the people that become FA's know that their creations will become pay. It's all in the job. From what I hear the FA's make deals with Tom to post their creations elsewhere. Windkeeper and SimAddict come to mind in that regard.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 05, 21:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confused by your post Red. Explain what you are asking.

I'm saying do the artist that become FA's on TSR get paid to be FA's? I mean i know they get the whole free sub thing or what ever but is that all? >.> Also If they post an object on TSR (ie a living room set) can they post that same living room set on say...MTS2? Or does TSR have a problem With that?

<.< Just wanna be the first too let you guys know  :oops: that if i had any talent with meshing and creating and i was really good... I wouldn't EVER become a TSR FA I mean come on. You see everyone b****in' about how paysites are not right and then you go and create for one? Are you just wanting to get tarred feathered and beaten? =]

Lots Of Love

Red

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 05, 21:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red that was clearer, the FA are paid from what i understand. The free content, I have seen them post in more than one place. Its supposed to give a one month free subscription too.

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New FA at TSR
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 05, 21:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The free content, I have seen them post in more than one place. Its supposed to give a one month free subscription too.

So some of the FA pay things could show up for free on MTS2 (just an example site) if they creator wanted the content to?

I'm sorry i just don't understand how TSR operates but i do detect a bit of shadiness. TSR seems to me more like they are sneaking around....like any moment they may get caught breaking the rules, but maybe that just me.

Quote from: "RedLove"
Are you just wanting to get tarred feathered and beaten? =]

If we do decide to do this i get the first smack with a base ball bat =] My idea -.- well im the first one to TYPE it any way   Cheesy

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
New FA at TSR
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 05, 21:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember correctly, Seomi turned it down as well. I think her reasons were that she didn't update often enough and liked being able to do things at her own pace. I could be mistaken though.

I must really suck, TSR never offered me the chance to turn down being a FA. Tongue

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: