PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:12:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Help with Hair fix - HP officially rocks. :)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with Hair fix - HP officially rocks. :)  (Read 10367 times)
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Help with Hair fix - HP officially rocks. :)
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 18, 05:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new mesh version sounds exciting:). You keep teasing me with the Avatar of him. Navetsea made a great Leon Squall now, we need a great Reno. I love Red hair too!

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 18, 06:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know that I'd do very well. Plicka did a good job (gap aside, still not a complaint) , and I am a rank beginner. I'm still at the "trolling-through-the-Tute3 to see if there are any other diffs between combining hair mesh parts and combining body mesh parts" stage (on that, HP, are there any other hair tutes I've missed on combining maxis mesh parts? I'm considering the male ponytail - the same one plicka used but with the male hair that has the strands already going over his face. I don't have enough experience, though, to know if I can use the last one and make it more boofy. Suggestions welcome).

Quote from: "graniaomalley"
Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
Beth, I don't know anything about meshing (still stuck on the very first meshing tut on MTS2), but that hair looks really cool without the ponytail! Tongue

Yeah I agree. I prefer it without. ^^

Yeah, that hair looks like what I was looking for earlier.

That texture, btw, is actually the Maxis mesh for an adult female, available in game, with Plicka's Reno recolour. I'm not sure if you need an ep for it.

fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 18, 07:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That texture, btw, is actually the Maxis mesh for an adult female, available in game, with Plicka's Reno recolour. I'm not sure if you need an ep for it.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that.  :oops: I just checked and it comes with Uni.

Good luck with the hair, I'm still stuck on the very first object mesh tutorial.  :lol:

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 18, 07:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's the error you're getting, then she ran it through the SMD export/import to add bump mapping at some point.  You won't be able to edit it in Milkshape.  I was hoping new Unimesh would get past that if it were the case, but apparently not.  Sad

You may be able to use Meshtool to edit it, or export group by group with SMD format and edit it in.... well, 3DS Max.

Or ask Plicka for her .ms3d file or GMDC before she did the SMD step.

OBJ format may help but you'd have to reassign the whole thing.  Guess not that big a deal if you're animating it at the same time.

beth, have you done the Unimesh tutorial where you frankenstein two bodies together, to switch shoes?  That'd be the closest to what you're looking for, I think.

If you are going to do that, remember: New Unimesh has changed the question it asks you when it imports a second GMDC from "Would you like to exclude additional bones?" to which you used to say YES to now asking you "Would you like to include additional bones" to which you now say NO.

You won't need any EP for that hair.  Though the base is Uni almost all Body Shop meshes and recolours work with everything, if they're custom.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 18, 08:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HystericalParoxysm"
If that's the error you're getting, then she ran it through the SMD export/import to add bump mapping at some point.  You won't be able to edit it in Milkshape.

Ah, well, them's the breaks. Looks like I'll be learning something else new this w/e Wink

beth, have you done the Unimesh tutorial where you frankenstein two bodies together, to switch shoes?  That'd be the closest to what you're looking for, I think.

Yep, and I'm going to do it a again a few times more, I think, to make sure. I may as well try making the Vincent Valentine clothing mesh I was considering while I'm learning to get this one done... and some three-quarter pants for my self-sim...

If you are going to do that, remember: New Unimesh has changed the question it asks you when it imports a second GMDC from "Would you like to exclude additional bones?" to which you used to say YES to now asking you "Would you like to include additional bones" to which you now say NO.

Good to know. Thankyou, HP.

Subject line stays the same. Smiley

BTW, I downloaded your baggy female pjs a long time ago and have been meaning to say since this thread started how much I love them. Use them all of the time-- so good to have some nice pjs that aren't hokey or slutty. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: