PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 06:05:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The people of the sims2 community!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The people of the sims2 community!  (Read 31460 times)
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
The people of the sims2 community!
« Reply #120 on: 2007 January 19, 02:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"

You could call your husband "honey" but I wouldn't advise you to call your teacher that.

*snaps fingers* Gods, so that's where I was going wrong all those years. Thanks for that.  Tongue

You know, I jumped from being only 30 to being 36 a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes the law of sixes just sucks. Sad

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 January 19, 02:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do Beth, sixes mean..How about if you go back to 30.
 Cheesy

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 January 19, 03:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "bethgael"

You could call your husband "honey" but I wouldn't advise you to call your teacher that.

*snaps fingers* Gods, so that's where I was going wrong all those years. Thanks for that.  Tongue

You know, I jumped from being only 30 to being 36 a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes the law of sixes just sucks. Sad

I was trying to comfort a friend of mine who just turned 30, the other day...I was like 'Don't worry, there is no 30, only........oh.'. I did, however, manage to charm her wife, who ended up being 36 instead of 41. So not all was lost.Cheesy

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2007 January 19, 10:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
I was trying to comfort a friend of mine who just turned 30, the other day...I was like 'Don't worry, there is no 30, only........oh.'. I did, however, manage to charm her wife, who ended up being 36 instead of 41. So not all was lost.Cheesy

Well you got to cheer up one of them, at least! It's always good to have some happy people.  :wink:
I think I want to stay 18, when I turn 18, for quite a few years. Say, 12? :lol:  Cool

Beth: Aaaaah. Well. Yes, maybe that was it. :wink: Unless your husband IS your teacher. Tongue

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2007 January 19, 15:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

Beth: Aaaaah. Well. Yes, maybe that was it. :wink: Unless your husband IS your teacher. Tongue

That'd be ex-husband. Yup, he taught me a lot. Wink

My trouble is, I just turned 36, so under the law of 6's I am.... 36. After being 30 for so long, it was a rude shock.

I still look 28 though. No wait, there is no 28... Umm... 24?

Excellent. I feel better. Cheesy

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 2007 January 19, 16:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According Pescado's Calendar, I'm 36. Sadly, I will turn 42 in a few months, both in Pescado's and Gregorian's Calendar  :?.

Like a cold shower, urrrgh!

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: 2007 January 19, 17:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "bethgael"

That'd be ex-husband. Yup, he taught me a lot. Wink

lol, would that be the reason behind the "ex"? ^^^^^

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
photo
ARR!

Ish a vampeah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2007 January 19, 21:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "happycowlover"
And it feels oh so good! :twisted: Mwahaha! LOL Cool

ha! i knew you would join us eventually! *grins evilly*

Is a female
Mat Cauthon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 January 19, 22:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HeeHee! I remember the first time I looked at my profile on MATY and I saw "24" for my age and I was like WTF?? I thought the damn thing was broken! I'm proud to say though that it didn't take me too long to put my MATY age together with the law of sixes I had heard talked about on the board! LOL!

Mat
mel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 January 20, 07:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I was totally pro-paysites before that thread started up in s2c.. and I even defended them  :oops: .. I think there needs to more awareness about the fact that sharing pay content isn't illegal, because probably 90% of simmers who download content think it is illegal to share content.. so then I read up on it more, and I'm totally pro-free sites and anti-paysites Smiley (im melanie at s2c).
zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 January 20, 07:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Welcome Melanie!
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2007 January 20, 16:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
File sharing? Well I get stuff from buddies sometimes so I'm not against it. I don't know anyone who doesn't do it. If you've bought something, you can share it with someone in my opinion...

I couldn't care less for a paysite losing money over this, simply because it's not even allowed to sell this in the first place.

Yeah!  When I buy something, it's mine then.  I should be able to share it with whomever I choose. Right?

I am against total paysites.  They suck.  But, it's their right to ask for payment or subscriptions, ain't it??  Nouk says up there that you aren't allowed to sell it...is that true??  Where do you find this information?

Also, just my thought.  Free sites with a special "donation pack" don't seem all that bad though.  All their stuff is free but for helping them out, they make a little something special just for you.  Why is that bad??  Is it because it's illegal to sell CC for Sims2?  

I'm asking because I really want to know the legalities of this.  I don't like to argue with anyone unless I KNOW I'm right and I have proof.   :twisted:

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
« Reply #132 on: 2007 January 20, 16:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlackPearl"
But, it's their right to ask for payment or subscriptions, ain't it??  Nouk says up there that you aren't allowed to sell it...is that true??  Where do you find this information?

Reading the End-User License Agreement (EULA) that pops up when you open Bodyshop for the first time.

Copyright law.

Do a search on the forums about these topics, and read the first posts by bethgael, and you'll be much better informed.
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2007 January 20, 17:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i appreciate that, thanks.

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 January 20, 19:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading the older threads is educational and entertaining. Cheesy
I'll answer your questions, but the real argument material (the whys and hows) are in those threads. Arm yourself with information!

But, it's their right to ask for payment or subscriptions, ain't it??  

No. EA is the only one who owns the right to sell the .package format. If creators wanted to legally sell their files, they could buy the rights from EA. No one has done this.
The only thing sites have permission to do is pure tip-jar-style donations. It's also legal to sell something they actually own, as in MTS's selling faster access to the server. TSR was legal, until they locked off files. Now they're a store.

Free sites with a special "donation pack" don't seem all that bad though.  (...) Is it because it's illegal to sell CC for Sims2?

Yes. It's legally the same as counterfeiting only a little bit.
Some people do it out of kindness, not knowing it's just as illegal. But most know that they'll get more money if they hold something back- and that's where it becomes a sale.
A moral problem comes in because even the kind people hold back their best sets for "donations", and this harms the community. Not to mention, people are supposed to be donating out of appreciation for what they've already been given (the free sets), not what they might get.
"Only one or two donation packs" has a tendency to bloom over time, because sites want to keep people donating. And it fosters the idea that paying for files is acceptable and normal.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: