PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For Lyriclee
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For Lyriclee  (Read 145673 times)
Immortal
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #90 on: 2006 October 27, 03:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"

[19:17] Lackey: kinda mean are you not?
[19:17] LyricLee: only to you

Only?  Hardly

[21:59] LyricLee (LyricLee@mts2-178593DB.clmntn01.nj.comcast.net) joined #adults.
[21:59] [Kat] He he, that works faylen Smiley hi Lyric.
[22:00] [LyricLee] you are fucking kidding me
[22:00] [Faylen] Kat, you have to understand. If I had a penis, Lyric would be all over it.
[22:01] [LyricLee] faylen id appreciate if you didnt speak about me to that fucking bitch k thanks doll
[22:02] [Faylen] Hmmm. OK. I' will tell kathy about how you wish I had something down there that tasted good.
[22:02] [LyricLee] yes you can tell kathy anything u want
[22:02] [LyricLee] shes not a two faced bitch so its cool
[22:09] Action: LyricLee loves when people are so fucking guilty they say nothing but still have the balls to be in a chat room and on a site where they arent fucking wanted!
[22:15] [LyricLee] i need to get drunk tonight to stomach the disgust i feel lately
[22:16] [LyricLee] fuck that its beyond morals its about fucking class and dignity i hate selfish lying back stabbing two faced whores
[22:17] Kat kicked from #adults by LyricLee: fuck this you have no class and wont leave ill do it for you
[22:18] [LyricLee] she said hi to me that fucking cunt

**Note that some dialogue has been cut from this one...bit all dialogue between myself and Lyric has remained intact...the missing portions are mostly just other people in chat saying Hi to Lyric as she enters, chat between non-related members in the channel.

She really needs anger management.

ne by one they died.
A massacre that took all night
They had no chance, it was no fight
You can't kill what has been killed before...
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #91 on: 2006 October 27, 03:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Absolute"
I was banned at Sims 2 Community, and what went along with that ban was a permenant ban at Insim.. All because I disagreed with Delphy. (which apperently for S2C is good enough reason).

InSIM has not been hosted by MTS2 since mid August so if you were banned by MTS2 as soon as InSIM moved that ban was dropped because frankly we didn't know nor did we have anything to do with it.
Immortal
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #92 on: 2006 October 27, 03:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "woes_wee"
What I do not get is why Delphy keeps her around? I mean those in that thread are not the only ones that see her for what she is. She is actually the topic of several chats and discussions on several other groups and forums. Not all are open and public.
And as far as like or dislike there may be many on both sides but even those who actually like her have little if any respect for her in the way she has acted while being a mod there. that last post she deleted though was the proverbial straw. Many are now wondering what she is still doing there. I guess many are starting to see her for her real self.

It is hard to actually respect a forum if you can not actually respect those modding that forum. I have heard many say they no longer care to support the site after the way she carried her self there and Delphy lets it happen again and again.
I honestly feel sorry for him. He is being tore down by a nitwit and does not even know it.

I hate to see MTS crash and burn behind one power hungry egotistical hypocrite.

By the way why is it that ALL the creators whose items are here were not aware of this so called plan to drain the bandwidth?
According to certain reliable sources  there were several whose things are here that never heard of this supposed plan..
You do not think she was making it up do you?  Cheesy
No a Moderator would never do that. Then again Moderator would never bring their personal arguments onto a open forum they modded either.
If she was an adult and moderator material she would have simply not replied. Instead of feeding in to it.
My 10 year old acts better then her.

Wee

I have a mini-answer for this...Looking through old conversations with my boyfriend (Who used to be staff at MTS2, left by choice around the time Lyric became admin-make your own connections...)  He had made a thread a MATY kind of dissing Lyric and Delphy's poor choice for admin...and although he deleted the thread, this is part of Delphy's reply defending himself and her  He responded more than once but this is the only response I quoted in our discussions):

Quote from: "Delphy"
Fact is, I made Lyric an admin on both sites for a reason - becuase she does *far* more than anybody else in maintaining them and in generally keeping the sites running. You just don't personally like her, so you attack the decision, however the staff at MTS2 *and* S2C support the decision and, ultimately, what *you* think means nothing.
So, sure, you can attack the decision but we both know it's just becuase you don't like her personally, you are just too much of a coward to admit it.

My personal opinion? She did and still does far more on both sites than you ever will and ultimately it doesn't make a difference what you think.

ne by one they died.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #93 on: 2006 October 27, 03:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my. Poor Lackey, she didn't deserve that AT ALL. Out of all the people I know, she has the most actual paid subscribtions to sites, numbering probably well over ten. I won't go into any details, but she probably singlehandedly keeps some of these people in business.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
vodianova
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #94 on: 2006 October 27, 03:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she makes herself sound so disgusting. & i don't believe that shit about barely being able to cover MTS2, hella people donate there. i even donated once.  :evil:
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #95 on: 2006 October 27, 03:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch. I can't stand going to S2C anymore. Threads are deleted for silly reasons and you get beaten to the ground if you disagree with an admin or mod.

LyricLee's language really helps her image too, very mature. [/sarcasm]

Come visit Sammytopia
Immortal
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #96 on: 2006 October 27, 03:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "vodianova"
she makes herself sound so disgusting. & i don't believe that shit about barely being able to cover MTS2, hella people donate there. i even donated once.  :evil:

Not only donations, but read their page about buying ad-space.  It even says how many clicks per day they get (about 1.2 million) so you can get a rough estimate of their ad-profits.

ne by one they died.
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #97 on: 2006 October 27, 06:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beautiful wording liegenschonheit. I really don't mind sites that ask for donations for bandwidth, I just don't have the money to give them. I'm sorry I don't, I can offer my time but money is rather tight.

Speaking of tight money.. I don't see how anyone could raise their kids on money from Sims sites. What happens when the game falls out of favor? Do their kids starve because everyone is more interested in some new computer game? What rubbish! This isn't a sure, solid means of support and I don't really care if so and so's baby goes without pampers because I won't pay $15 a month for add-ons for a game. It's not my job to support someone's family because I wanted a hair mesh.

BTW, disability sucks and is not awesome. I'm on it and I barely get enough for me to live on, I can't imagine affording a family which is good enough reason not to have one.

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #98 on: 2006 October 27, 08:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disability DOES suck. I was on it for awhile, and you don't get very much at all. But the point is, that there is aid available. If you have a family, you can also apply for food stamp benefits and cash aid to make ends meet. In my state, there are medical programs to help keep you and your kids healthy as well. For people who really need help, there are ways to make things work. I know because I've had to deal with that reality before.

I completely understand the not being able to donate thing. I myself am pretty strapped for cash now, and while I've donated where I could in the past, I just can't now. I also know that a lot of sims players are under 18 and don't have credit cards, or are in countries Paypal doesn't work with. I really think it is unfair to deprive them of items because of it. Pixelated items, no less.

When people CAN donate, and choose to do so, it is really helpful for people who do have bandwidth costs. I am totally appreciative every time someone donates a couple bucks to my website, because it really does help me stay open. However, demanding $5 from everyone who downloads from me is rediculous and frankly more money than I need. It isn't about bandwidth at that point, it's about profit.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #99 on: 2006 October 27, 08:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
Fact is, I made Lyric an admin on both sites for a reason - becuase she does *far* more than anybody else in maintaining them and in generally keeping the sites running. You just don't personally like her, so you attack the decision, however the staff at MTS2 *and* S2C support the decision and, ultimately, what *you* think means nothing.
So, sure, you can attack the decision but we both know it's just becuase you don't like her personally, you are just too much of a coward to admit it.

It seems like this is the stock excuse for a shitty administrator (chosen by the site owner) on any forum that has anything to do with gaming, ever. I have seriously seen something in this format roughly 20 times so far. The site owner always seems to have a case of Avoidant Personality Disorder and attempts to dodge reality in every possible way. Even if it kills their site. No, it doesn't make sense.

I don't know these people personally, but in all honesty, this is crap. They're both old acquaintances and Lyric has the position purely due to preferential treatment. And so it will remain until she relinquishes that position.

Blech. Now I remember why I never post on MTS2/S2C beyond comments pertaining directly to downloads, and even then, there's drama.  Always the stupid whiny 11-year-old drama. But these people are usually adults.

Anyway, I need to say no to posting at 4am. But to be perfectly honest, if she's using paysite money to support children, maybe the lack of money will be proper incentive to get a real goddamn job and, even better, stop breeding for the good of humanity. Because if this is just a small sampling of her greatness, than she's not doing anyone any favors by spawning.

Just... ew.
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #100 on: 2006 October 27, 08:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

liegen that sums it up perfectly. When you think about how much money we have wasted on the games themselves it seems like a crime to charge people for downloads.
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #101 on: 2006 October 27, 12:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so i'm not sure if this is where i should post this but i've looked around and it seems the most appropriate. I just wanted to voice my opinion on a few things. I really hope you guys can be open minded and not be rude about them either.

- I agree that paysites that call their pay section a donation section are idiots. It is not a donation it is you paying for a product and recieving it.

- In regards to the moderators on S2C and MTS2 i don't think people quite realise how much shit they have to put up with. They are using their own free time to keep a website (which you gotta admit we all love) free and running. They have hundreds of complaints from whingey little 14 year olds every day and quite often are forced to deal with some of the most unintelligent shit you've ever heard. I know i would definately get frustrated after awhile if i had hundreds of people a week come to me with their internet dilemmas just because they can't find the maturity to deal with it themselves. I do also agree that it is quite often that people don't like a mod because they don't like them on a personal level. Moderators often discuss situations with other moderators before making any decisions. Try being in a moderating position yourself before you judge other moderators so harshly. Also remember...lyric may have gone wrong in some ways (i'm not fully aware of the dispute) but i'm trying to give you a basic understanding of the moderators position so you can have some empathy.

- Now. To the main matter at hand. The new Pescado site and the view that all paysites must be destroyed.

First of all i am unsure about the legalities of this and whether or not EA Games really doesn't allow products other people make for The Sims 2 to be used commercially or not. So please take the following opinions on hand regardless of whether or not it is or isn't legal.

Paying for a membership of a paysite is a personal choice. You are not being forced to pay for it. The people creating their content don't have to make those files available to you. They could keep it for their own personal use.

Granted many paysites do charge outrageous prices, but some of them are worth paying for. Creators put in a hell of a lot of time, work and effort into creating these, why shouldn't they get some compensation?

I do think that saying they charge those prices for bandwidth is a pathetic excuse as we're not all stupid enough to believe it. If it was for bandwidth they'd be doing something along the lines of what Nouk does on her site, where a certain amount that is needed for something is put up and people can freely donate.

However creators are doing this because they need the money. The money they make from it is what they live off. Which i think is a perfectly reasonable reason. I just think they should admit it rather than treating us like we're stupid by covering it up with the whole naming it a ' donation ' section and saying it's for bandwidth lie.

The Pescado site is hurting a lot of people and making a lot of people happy at the same time. Soon there will be a backlash and creators (all our favourites) will just stop creating.

Honestly, i like that i can get all of those files for free but i also care about the people who are trying to make a living from it. I don't care whether it's legal or not. Probably because i think it should be legal. I'm actually quite disgusted at all of the people who are being so disprespectful and downright rude to creators. If we're going to share their files, at least do it privately so we're not being a bunch of cunts and shoving it in their faces.
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #102 on: 2006 October 27, 12:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kathy"
liegen that sums it up perfectly. When you think about how much money we have wasted on the games themselves it seems like a crime to charge people for downloads.

If you think it's such a 'waste' to spend money on The Sims 2 then you obviously can't like the game much. If you don't like it, don't buy the expansion packs, don't play the game and save yourself all that money that is being so 'wasted'.
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #103 on: 2006 October 27, 12:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"

Blech. Now I remember why I never post on MTS2/S2C beyond comments pertaining directly to downloads, and even then, there's drama.  Always the stupid whiny 11-year-old drama. But these people are usually adults.

Yes. I agree. It's pathetic that adults can be so immature. But i'm sure that much of it is simply because it's over the internet and they can get away with being morons. Obviously you're sick of seeing it, don't you think moderators would be sick of dealing with it.

Quote from: "Aquamarine"

Anyway, I need to say no to posting at 4am. But to be perfectly honest, if she's using paysite money to support children, maybe the lack of money will be proper incentive to get a real goddamn job and, even better, stop breeding for the good of humanity. Because if this is just a small sampling of her greatness, than she's not doing anyone any favors by spawning.

Just... ew.

That's a very judgemental opinion without knowing the full situation. You don't know what position she is in in her life. After reading that comment two words came to mind in regards to you, ' Rude Pig'.  

What makes you say that creating custom content isn't a real job. Does that mean all the people at EA Games that create The Sims 2 don't have real jobs either? Have you created custom content before. It takes a great deal of graphic art talent, patience and damn hard work to make a genuinely good peice of custom content. There are programs that creators pay for. Making a mesh requires 3D programing/creation and a lot of fussing around with numbers, variations and computer files.

Everyone should put themselves in these positions and give custom content creation and meshing a go before they go blowing shit out of their mouths and being so judgemental.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #104 on: 2006 October 27, 12:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you *honestly* think people will stop producing Sims 2 content because we are not paying them for their creations? Not being compensated for their craft hasn't stopped creators from a bunch of other gaming communities. People are happy to do stuff for free, as long as other people are *using* their creations and enjoying them. There is tons of evidence within the Sims 2 community to support this.

You go ahead and believe what the paysites want you to believe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: