PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:54:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For Lyriclee
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For Lyriclee  (Read 145714 times)
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #60 on: 2006 October 23, 21:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a hilarious visual.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #61 on: 2006 October 24, 08:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
And I'd always wondered whether or not people with paysites were violating copyright laws by charging for Sims content, and whether or not they had a legal leg to stand on in various instances. This is a lovely answer to my questions, haha.

There aren't any. The entire mess is a legal land mine no one wants to touch, and certainly not one that can be upheld internationally. Like, in, say, Malaysia.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #62 on: 2006 October 24, 15:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"
I downloaded all of 8DS. Lets see, the reasons why?

Temporary insanity?
My Mom told me to?
The dog made me do it?
I was bored and wanted to see if I could smoke Pescado's bandwidth? HAHA
or
Because I wanted the files and I did NOT want to pay for them.

I will let all of you decide.

If you picked anything but the last one you were wrong Cheesy

Actually,  :cry: the doctor said I should.
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #63 on: 2006 October 24, 17:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, random ban of the week  :lol:
Bangelnuts
Landlubber

View Profile
random ban of the week
« Reply #64 on: 2006 October 24, 21:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been relatively lucky so far...........the only ban of the week I have had was from the BBS :lol:  I tend to be uber helpful pointing the sheep toward Hacks that fix game issues and the BBS doesn't like that :lol:
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #65 on: 2006 October 24, 22:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Kęda"
Atleast have the guts to have a shame list stateing clearly why certain people were banned .  Prove its not just cause you felt like it.  I seriously doubt every single one could be justified as other offense then that.

Some people treat banning people as dirty laundry and don't like to air it. They apparently don't realize that not airing the dirty laundry makes it smell worse.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Absolute
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #66 on: 2006 October 25, 22:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was banned at Sims 2 Community, and what went along with that ban was a permenant ban at Insim.. All because I disagreed with Delphy. (which apperently for S2C is good enough reason).

quot;Well let me give you a quote from Colonel Sanders...."I am too drunk to taste this chicken.""
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #67 on: 2006 October 25, 22:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insim is run by different people though, and not associated with Delphy at all anymore.  Perhaps you could find out if it could be lifted.
Absolute
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #68 on: 2006 October 25, 23:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Insim is run by different people though, and not associated with Delphy at all anymore.  Perhaps you could find out if it could be lifted.

I could, but I really don't miss Insim much.. When I was banned I was banned from all the forums he hosted, as well as the ones he owned. Except for Sexy Sims.. Some odd reason I'm not banned there..  :shock:

quot;Well let me give you a quote from Colonel Sanders...."I am too drunk to taste this chicken.""
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #69 on: 2006 October 26, 00:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you must have really pissed him off.  I'd love to hear that story lol.  Delphy doesn't strike me as too bad, he's never done anything to me.
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #70 on: 2006 October 26, 02:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'd always wondered whether or not people with paysites were violating copyright laws by charging for Sims content, and whether or not they had a legal leg to stand on in various instances. This is a lovely answer to my questions, haha.

There aren't any. The entire mess is a legal land mine no one wants to touch, and certainly not one that can be upheld internationally. Like, in, say, Malaysia.

They have absolutely no legal leg to stand on. By all rights, only Maxis/EA should profit from The Sims since the game and everything in it is technically their creation or based off their creation. Offering the option to donate is one thing, saying "Here, you need to pay me $10 and then my host $10 and $1 for each download" is a smack in the face to Sims players who just want to enjoy their games and copyright law in general. It's like charging an outrageous fee for unlicensed, unendorsed fan fiction and not giving the original creator jack squat or worse, claiming you created it instead.

When the first paysites popped up, I remember people trying to get that through the thick heads of the Sims Community but all anyone heard was the whining about needing money for bandwidth and for their time and for their "creations".  :roll:

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #71 on: 2006 October 26, 02:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would never claim I created anything. I don't think that's right.

It's the same thing as carla niven taking a free work of someone else, and then bastardizing it and charging $1.50 for it.  :x
vodianova
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #72 on: 2006 October 26, 07:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about Discord Kitty? She deletes too many posts!!!!! & my experience with Lyric hasn't been good. On a topic focused on stolen meshes and content that was being put on thesims2.com's download site, she defending paysites by stating that some people needed to support their familes and children and pay bills with pay site money. What the hell? What happened to it being needed for bandwith? And how much do those particular people think they are going to charge for content in order to feed children & pay bills. That bitch is out of her mind  :? There's a big difference in running a website and having an online business to make money, but there's another thing to sell animated content that has been created by a huge company, not yourself.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #73 on: 2006 October 26, 07:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some people needed to support their familes and children and pay bills with pay site money

This is the quote that made me start changing my mind about paysites.  That and finding out that peggy is trying to support her family off of her site.  I only wish I hadn't subbed there before I found that out.  Although I should of known, what with her prices and all.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #74 on: 2006 October 26, 07:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People need less families anyway. I hate families. They disgust me. If someone's family starves as a result of what I'm doing, I'm going to feel all happy and tingly inside.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: