PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:45:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For Lyriclee
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For Lyriclee  (Read 145697 times)
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #210 on: 2006 November 02, 04:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give him time. He'll stab her in the back. He's done it with everyone else.  Tongue

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LubYouPeeps
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #211 on: 2006 November 02, 12:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really dont understand what posesses this woman to keep digging her grave so deeply. I doubt she has any meaningful friends on the internet and in life. Makes me wonder what happened to her to make her this way... Power to the head? Or is she that way out in the real world working (if she even does) in a low respect environment. And get's a self-esteam boost by acting like queen-o-universe for a day.
 :? In a way I do feel quite sorry for her.
I dont hate her, I just want to say, "Stop, before you make yourself look like even more of an idiot!"
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #212 on: 2006 November 02, 12:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "yamikuronue"
You know, I was sympathetic to the paysite owners for a while..

then there was a thread about exchange bandits (blech) on S2C...

and it got hijacked into a discussion about paysites again.

Now, naturally, any good mod will come along and get the thread back on topic

But instead, Lyric comes along and whines about this site...

and Discordkitty adamently defends her...

and eventually, when the debate starts to go sour and people call Lyriclee names, the entire thread is DELETED, not locked, by Lyriclee, moments after I messaged Delphy saying that Lyriclee was calling various posters names and behaving like a total brat.

Nothing like burning the evidence, eh?

havn't decided if I'll actually download anything from here, but it's nice to have a place to vent.

I guess you missed it, but in defense of other mods there - when she went off the deepend in the thread, the last day it was there, when BlueSoup and some others posted (and a bunch of people got banned for posting) NONE of the mods were there defending her even though they were clearly on the board at the time - not simsample, not boolpropped, not discordkitty, none of them. They let her dig and climb into her own grave. Infact I don't think any posters even defended her. She just went off on her rampage, frothing at the mouth with each calm, rational post that BlueSoup and others made.

Quote from: "Motoki"
Give him time. He'll stab her in the back. He's done it with everyone else.  Tongue

Delphy stabs people in the back? Sounds like an interesting story.

Though really if he does, you'd think he'd have just let her stay "quit" during one of her MANY, MANY tantrums where she removes her admin abilities.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
sheehaz
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #213 on: 2006 November 02, 14:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Shark*Tooth*Hester"

This site isn't difficult to find, and a great deal of paysite owners know about it I'm sure. The reason they don't say anything about it? 1) If they did, they would risk more customers coming over, and oh they don't want you do that. You need to pay for their precious bandwidth don't you know. 2) They wouldn't stop making stuff anyway, because for every 1 person who knows how to go around the gate, there are 10 people paying to go through it. They don't really need you go fight their battles for them.

To keep it on topic...uh...

LyricLee is trashy. There.

You are so right. I wanted to extend my thanks to LyricLee anyway. Because she opened her big mouth in that thread on s2c in the first place, I was able to just to to MATY and do a search. So in essence, she led me to the booty. THANK YOU LYRIC LEE.
simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #214 on: 2006 November 02, 15:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "yamikuronue"
and eventually, when the debate starts to go sour and people call Lyriclee names, the entire thread is DELETED, not locked, by Lyriclee, moments after I messaged Delphy saying that Lyriclee was calling various posters names and behaving like a total brat.
Nothing like burning the evidence, eh?

Actually, I don't think she deleted the thread to "burn the evidence" so that Delphy couldn't read it.
As far as I know, when a MOD/ADMIN delete a thread/post in a VBullettin board the "ordinary users" can't see it anymore, but all the others mods/admins can.
I think LL basically deleted it because of the people attacking her.

Quote from: "Enelar"
[..]Most often, I share my work with those who appreciate it and might be inspired to write their own or just be made happy by it. That's my payment - my work being enjoyed by another and if people want to donate to me a resource book I need or artwork or money for bandwidth (back when I had a site) or ink for my printer, well then I let them but I don't charge for my many weeks, months and sometimes years of effort.
[..]I choose to write just like creators choose to make items. It's not a job, it's something done for fun and enjoyment. No one makes these creators put out new objects, no one forces them to design new meshes. They do it to improve the game. Now if they themselves had created and owned The Sims 2 - they could by all rights charge... but they don't. It's just like fanfic, the parent company is allowing them to use their resources to create and so long as the items in question are for The Sims 2, only EA owns the right to charge per item. Be thankful EA isn't cracking down and allows players to create and distribute fan content. Keep abusing the system and they might start.
As for the game costing alot. Well.. it does. I've spent $350 this year between expansion packs and upgrades to my computer. The point being made is the game is expensive enough without paysites trying to milk every last drop. Let's face it, EA is pretty shitty when it comes to content for male sims. If I want say long hair on my male sim, why should I have to fork over $20 to someone who maybe put a few hours of work into shaping a mesh? Why shouldn't EA get any of that money? We pay that much for a "stuff pack" and the community is already unhappy about that, why give that much to one site for maybe a few meshes?
Another important point - not everyone has a credit card or Paypal. By making a site pay, you're shutting those folks out and as one of those who didn't have either option for years, I can say that sucks pretty hard. A lot of folks I knew in the Sims 1 days who were file sharers were under 18 or in other countries where Paypal wasn't available. Okay sure, tell them to do without. Well maybe that would be okay if you had any right to charge and make profit to begin with..
So if it costs so much.. why do I buy the Sims? To be honest, it distracts me from my disability and fills the long hours while I'm stuck inside. I'm sorry if someone thinks I'm not entitled to a hobby because my income level won't allow me to afford $50 in paysites per month. I do tend to go without a few things when a new expansion comes out but it's not something I could afford all the time. Rest assured if it cost $15 to play the Sims every month, I wouldn't. [..]And lastly, Lyriclee's attitude upsets me. I know mods suffer from tons of stress and bullshit but the whole reason they are chosen as mods is because they are suppose to know how to handle that without reverting to behaving like a child and waving a ban stick while uttering the F word. Moderators are also expected to obey their own rules. If Lyriclee behaved that way and wasn't a mod, don't you think her ass would be banned?

And as for the "being a moderator is stressful" thing, I think this is a pretty weak excuse.
I understand that at times user can be whining, annoying, whatever. But, I believe one of the better things of internet is, you don't always have to be.. spontaneous.
When you feel you're getting tired or nasty, all you have to do is shout down your computer. Drink a cup of tea, smoke a cigarette, practice yoga, do whatever you want to cool down, and then you can eventually turn on your computer again.
So.. I really don't think that this is an excuse for LL behaviour. She surely has some reasons to act like she does, but I don't think this is one of them.

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #215 on: 2006 November 02, 16:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was posting on the thread right before it was deleted, but I guess I was too dismayed by someone I thought sounded pretty sane and rational suddanly going off the deep end for no reason at all that I didn't notice they stopped defending her.

Honestly, if she had no idea what she was saying was wrong, she could have locked the thread. But she clearly didn't want anyone to see how vicious she'd been.

This woman is a mother? I feel sorry for her kids. My mom tended towards duplicity, being supermom one minute and a nasty wicked-tongued bitch the next, and it was hell living with her when she was off her meds (when she was on them she was asleep most of the day)
cabelle
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #216 on: 2006 November 02, 19:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel bad for her kids as well. If she treats them like she treats MTS2 members that she disagrees with, well I don't even want to think about that. As a parent myself her behavior disgusts me. I hope when her kids are adults they tell her to kiss off.

I mentioned all this drama to my good friend who's a family law attorney. Although she admits copyright law isn't her area of expertise she laughed at the whole thing and sarcastically wished luck for those who might want to prosecute players who share files. In her understanding of copyright law the creators really don't have much of a legal leg to stand on. Even if the judge eventually ruled in their favor it would take years and all the donations & subscriptions aren't going to help cover the $500 per hour attorney fees and other court costs. But that would unlikely happen as my friend believes the copyright belongs to EA who have the big nasty legal team. These paysites are living on borrowed time. If EA ever decided to come down on them it would be ugly. I've seen Disney do it to artists who paint or draw Disney characters.

Every time LyricLee opens her mouth, curses at others making valid points and banning them when she can't win it just makes her look even more stupid and pathetic. It's like a tragic comedy.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #217 on: 2006 November 02, 20:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the stuff I'm reading in here makes me glad I've never had a run-in with LyricLee personally. o_o

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #218 on: 2006 November 03, 00:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JennyKidd"
But that would unlikely happen as my friend believes the copyright belongs to EA who have the big nasty legal team. These paysites are living on borrowed time. If EA ever decided to come down on them it would be ugly. I've seen Disney do it to artists who paint or draw Disney characters.

*coughKingdomHeartscough*

And in those cases the artists may or may not be profiting from their work (unless one counts e-cred as profit). Disney is royal bitch of a corporation and a pretty extreme example of this.

If/When EA does crack down on this, it'll be hysterical. Hopefully they don't decide to rape the entire modding community in one go because that would make baby Jesus cry.
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #219 on: 2006 November 03, 00:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did anyone notice that the community blocked the use of putting psmbd as their sig?

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #220 on: 2006 November 03, 01:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
If/When EA does crack down on this, it'll be hysterical. Hopefully they don't decide to rape the entire modding community in one go because that would make baby Jesus cry.

For them to go after the entire community would require them to repudiate their own EULA, since the rest of our activities are allowed under it.

Quote from: "snadradeocconer"
did anyone notice that the community blocked the use of putting psmbd as their sig?

They probably don't want to associate with this sort of thing, which isn't unreasonable. Some people have bitchier, more trigger-happy hosting providers that are more easily intimidated by legalese.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #221 on: 2006 November 03, 02:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "snadradeocconer"

It seems to be censored on the whole site not just sigs

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #222 on: 2006 November 03, 02:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

more and more poeple come out each day.

i wounder if i will ever come out.

well i will half comeout, i am sandboxpuppet on the sims2community.
but i am someone else all over teh community like at mts2 and matty.

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #223 on: 2006 November 03, 02:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*coughKingdomHeartscough*

And in those cases the artists may or may not be profiting from their work (unless one counts e-cred as profit). Disney is royal bitch of a corporation and a pretty extreme example of this.

Yeah, Disney is nailing people overseas who have KH fansites but I see a million pedo-pictures of KH characters on dA and y! so obviously they suck and are not awesome in defending their copyright.

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
Immortal
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #224 on: 2006 November 03, 09:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could snekily link to this single post at InSim intead:

http://www.insimenator.net/showpost.php?p=349680&postcount=81

ne by one they died.
A massacre that took all night
They had no chance, it was no fight
You can't kill what has been killed before...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: