PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:05:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For Lyriclee
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For Lyriclee  (Read 145726 times)
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #165 on: 2006 October 28, 17:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been lurking for a while and I had to say something about that. I think it's quite funny.

Quote from: "Enelar"
So.. given that situation, how long do you think it'll take Disney and Square-Enix to shut my ass down for copyright infringement and drag me to court, hmn?

While I completely agree with what Enelar said, I just had to add that if they don't go to court, it's because there's absolutely no use -- and it's also the same for Maxis (or should I say, EA?).

Why would they go after creators making a few bucks? You probably are all aware that the process of going to court is just going to cost you so much that you might as well drop the charges. But really, why would they (EA) go after them (creators)? They don't have that much money. Moreover, it's just going to backfire. It's like some of those bands who decided to prosecute anyone who download their music. :roll:

It's the same process of doujinshi (sp?), if you're familiar with those. Or any fan-made stuff actually. They don't get prosecuted because it feeds the business itself.

And it's not like they (creators) are going to prosecute us for downloading and sharing their items. They can't really do anything. I mean... we could almost just make a IRC channel and share those files.

We just don't agree with their (creators) policy of not sharing those paid items. And they can't do much about it. It's all about morals, not about if it's legal or not.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #166 on: 2006 October 28, 17:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morals, in this case, are subjective.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #167 on: 2006 October 28, 23:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Greeksgal"
Upon doing so, I also made a huge mistake and posted one of the MATY's members IP address at my forum, which I apologized profusely for and got beat up by MATY staff unmercifully.

Wait, what? I don't remember beating anyone up over some IP address. People should be using proxies anyway.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #168 on: 2006 October 28, 23:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after the thread where you posted the IP address (because you were sick and didnt realize what you were doing yeah right) I was not banned. Actually for quite awhile afterwards I was not banned. After Lyriclee got attacked by a lot of people(members of that forum and some that had nothing to do with Maty) I was banned. Further more, not only did you post her IP but you also included where she lived. After your so called apology, that clearly was done only to appease other members of your forum, you took the time to send pm's to everyone giving them her intials in the process. Act all innocent if you want but bottom lines is you are a Lyriclee asskisser. I can tell by the shit still on your lips. Over a month goes by and then all of sudden you start banning people?

Why are you referring to her as a member of Maty? She is a person and I am sure that who she is and what she does has not a damn thing to do with Maty. That is what is wrong with you people. You fail see the person. Greeksgal will now only be referred to as Lyriclee's sidekick

Oh wait I almost fogot. I am still a member of your forum with a different IP. I am also still a member at S2C. How great is that?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #169 on: 2006 October 29, 01:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Greeksgal"

1. Be courteous and polite. Show respect to the opinions and feelings of others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right.
2. Engage your brain before your mouth. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause.
3. Don't dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary information. Reflexsims is a fun and happy, moderated forum. It's a place to talk Sims and enjoy each others company. It's NOT a free speech forum.

Oh you gotta be kidding, Carol.

I was banned from your site for talking about the bullshit bandwidth donation begging, and that was lifted after one day.  You not only posted my IP, but also my email address.  Which, I will tell you, had nothing to do with MATY and the people who came to post in that thread were not from MATY.  Or if they are members there, that's coincidence.

I never logged in again, and I rarely even looked at the site.  Sometimes I would look at the update threads, but that's about it.  Next time I logged in, after the thread at S2C with LyricLee calling me a thief based on absolutely no proof of anything whatsoever, I discovered I was permanantly banned with no reason given.  So if you try to tell me that's not based on the LyricLee nonsense at S2C, I will loudly call bullshit.  It wasn't until after that thread that I took a more active role here.  So I guess you could call her my inspiration. Cheesy

Oh, but congratulations on managing not to download any files here.  That's more than your friends could say.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #170 on: 2006 October 29, 01:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't stop laughing.
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #171 on: 2006 October 29, 04:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"
Ok I will try to understand your opinion but first I have to get it right.

Sharing pay files openly is bullshit, like rubbing in their face? Your opinion correct? Then I think you said you downloaded them. So if I translate it, you actually said it is bullshit to do it openly but you dont really care of enough not to download them. I would respond with, if you dont care about that opinion I guess I wont either. If you truly had any real opinion about it, you would not have downloaded the files.

Ok i see how what i've said can be seen as hypocritical but what i'm saying is:

It's good that these files are uploaded here because now none of us have to pay.

But it's bad for those creators because they are losing thousands of customers.

If the files are uploaded here why would people go pay for a membership? Even if they think it's bad for the creators or whatever no one is going to pay instead of having them for free, that's money that could be used to buy necessities at home or whatever.

If i could afford to pay for all of these instead of downloading them here, i would. But i can't. So of coarse i'm going to have them for free. I didn't say the site should be shut down. I just wanted you guys to have some understanding of how the creators are probably feeling, simply playing the devil's advocate.

As i have said about 3 or 4 times before i am not speaking about LyricLee. I said i don't know the full situation with her but from what i've heard i agree with everything you guys are saying about her. I did however see that not just Lyric was being attacked, all the moderators on S2C were being attacked and i wanted the people who haven't moderated before to have some understanding of what it's like to be moderator before making any generalisations.

Ok, you agree. Here is the thing. Site owners ban people for no more reason than they are associated with Pescado. They ban people for things they do outside of their forums. Everyone here is guilty by association.
Lyriclee has lost control of her body. She is a demon spawn. She goes around the boards she mods/admins at and acts like a lunatic. Her fellow modders say nothing, do nothing and most actually defend her. So, if the other moderators are thrown into the bunch it is their own fault. Why are they afraid of her? Tell her what she is! A good friend would tell her how stupid she looks in the eyes of others. Not to mention Lyric actually goes to other sites and gets you banned from there as well. Reflex forums comes to mind. Reflex had no reason to ban me there, but they did.

Well i think we've all concluded that Lyric is a nutcase. I just disagree that every single other moderator is brown nosing her. I agree that many of them are (god only knows why) but not all of them.

Most of you are stuck to your opinions and unwilling to consider anyone elses. Which is part of the reason why this is all fucked in the first place and no one can come to a conclusive judgement.

We have come to a conclusive judement. Paysites SUCK! They are greedy, selfish people that own sites that (MUST BE DESTROYED).

I think rather than bitching about Pescado, they should thank him. Look at all the bandwidth cost he has been saving them.

You have saved yourself some money but rather than appreciate all those goodies you got, you come here and try to argue how it should be taken down. What about the ones that have not had the chance to get the goodies yet? Kinda selfish isnt it?
I will tell you the same thing I told LyricHag, if you want to argue a point, it is best to do it BEFORE you download the files. After, it seems, what is that word she likes,  is hypocritical.

I've told you my reasons for downloading the files. I can't afford to pay for all of those memberships. As i'm sure many of us can't. I disagree with the situation as a lot of people do but if the files are there for free why on earth would i pay for them? Maybe if i was rich and could afford to pay for them just to back up my opinion i would.

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "ElmoLovesCyclops"
So clearly the people that do make money off it would care. That's what makes it stealing to them.

...except you're not supposed to be making any money off it.

And this is where i am still trying to come to a solid judgement. Clearly the End User Licence states that it shouldn't be used for commercial uses but i don't understand why the The Sims 2 official website would then link to pay sites. They can't have that much of a problem with it if they're linking to them right? There is a list of fansites where it states whether they are free or subscription and in many many cases i've seen staff there link to The Sims Resource. That's the only thing that makes me wonder rather than just accepting what seems to be fact.
Xerolize
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #172 on: 2006 October 29, 04:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If crappy Carla Niven can have members then trust that Peggy, Rose and the rest of them will continue to get customers. They might be the noobs, the self-righteous, or just the ones who haven't found PMBD yet. Either way Peggy and them aren't losing any sleep. Also, i'll never understand why people feel the need to defend paysites and paysite owners as if they need your help. Peggy doesn't give a fuck about you. It's obvious from her lack of customer service.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #173 on: 2006 October 29, 04:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are not losing customers by having their items on this site.  In most cases, I bet the people here who are downloading pay content would never have donated to the original site in the first place.  In fact, someone had to donate to the site to get this stuff in the first place, right?  So a place like Sublisims, who's the messiah of greedy paysite owners, got donations that probably no one else would ever have paid for.  Because I did.  And I can tell you, she can run her site for the next year or two at least with how much money I paid her.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #174 on: 2006 October 29, 10:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I download here and still sub elsewhere. First I subbed because I didn't know about the other place and this one didn't exist. Now I sub so I can share more - firstly to the other place and now to here also. I like to contribute as much as I can because I can afford to get a few subs and share with those who cannot. I don't have a 'paysites are evil' standing, I simply don't care. I pay for them, I'll share them and since one good turn deserves another I take what I need.

There are a couple sites I'll probably ALWAYS have an ongoing 6 month sub to, some I'll never sub to and some I'll sub to now and again. It would be that way with or without this place. One good thing is that this site has introduced me to SO many other paysites I've NEVER heard of - so the odds of me throwing a one month sub at them at some point or picking up a donation pack are much higher now that I know they exist.

But of course, I'll share whatever I buy.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #175 on: 2006 October 29, 10:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I'm not going to bother replying much more because the things i'm saying aren't being taken the way i've meant them to be taken. Like i said, i am simply playing the devil's advocate. But everyone seems to think that i loooooooooooove pay sites and bla bla bla so whatever.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #176 on: 2006 October 29, 14:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sgoobysnacks"

Xerolize
Quote from: "Xerolize"
Quote from: "kathy"
liegen that sums it up perfectly. When you think about how much money we have wasted on the games themselves it seems like a crime to charge people for downloads.

Then don't fucking buy the game since you're wasting your money on it.  :roll: you and your croonies over at insim are no better. :twisted: fucked up mods and admins are everywhere.

explain how Insims aint much better?...this is about paysites...when have you ever been charged for anything over at insims?...

I believe they were saying the mods/admins at insim are no better than the ones at MTS2/S2C. Nothing to do with here.

exnemsims exnemsims
Cyberdodo
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #177 on: 2006 October 29, 14:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...not bad work for my first post doncha think?.....lol :lol:

Actually, no.  I feel you could have presented your views more maturely.  Flames are bad for a pirate ship's sails, no?

And, um, isn't your stuff on TSR?

verytime a paysite is destroyed, God saves a kitten from the InTeenimater.  
Please, think of the kittens.  Pillage a paysite today!
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #178 on: 2006 October 29, 15:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Cyberdodo"

Actually, no.  I feel you could have presented your views more maturely.  Flames are bad for a pirate ship's sails, no?

I concur. Overuse of twat abounded!

exnemsims exnemsims
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #179 on: 2006 October 29, 15:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I'm not going to bother replying much more because the things i'm saying aren't being taken the way i've meant them to be taken. Like i said, i am simply playing the devil's advocate. But everyone seems to think that i loooooooooooove pay sites and bla bla bla so whatever.

No we aint misunderstanding what you said....you are a hypocrit, firstly by saying you think what pescado site is doing is stealing from creators...yet your only to willing to take from the site yourself.

Yet again my explanation for this hasn't been read or understood. So, shut up.

Quote from: "kathy"
liegen that sums it up perfectly. When you think about how much money we have wasted on the games themselves it seems like a crime to charge people for downloads.

If you think it's such a 'waste' to spend money on The Sims 2 then you obviously can't like the game much. If you don't like it, don't buy the expansion packs, don't play the game and save yourself all that money that is being so 'wasted'.

Who the fuck are you to tell someone what there opinion should be over there financial imput to the game, Kathy happens to spend ALOT of fucking money keeping her "FREE" site running so that fuckwits like you can have good things for your game without cost, so without people like her you would be stuck with the basic maxis crap you TWAT!.....be gone TWAT....im done with your ass:P

How was i telling her what her opinion was? That's right i wasn't at all. I was just saying that if she thinks it's a waste to spend money on The Sims 2 and related things then don't spend the money. That has nothing to do with opinions. I can create my own content so i don't really need to rely on other people either, so without her i wouldn't be stuck with maxis crap you twat. Grow up.

Quote from: "Cyberdodo"

And, um, isn't your stuff on TSR?

Couldn't have said it better myself. =)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: