PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:36:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  people on MTS2 are utter morons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: people on MTS2 are utter morons  (Read 16629 times)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
people on MTS2 are utter morons
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 01, 11:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, some people think that way, and that doesn't really make them jerks, just ignorant. Some people see disabled people as a tragedy, not in an 'exterminate-them-all' genocidal way, just in a 'oh, that's such a pity' way, it's just an old-fashioned point of view. I'm not saying it's right, it isn't, but...not evil.

Kind of reminds me of my best friend at college one time. She was a very sweet girl, but holy god, was she ever an idiot. Anyway, at our college, there was a special needs basic learning unit, there were a lot of people with Down Syndrome, and severe learning problems and so on, and as I was doing performing arts, we sometimes performed some of our theatre-in-education pieces for them, so quite often they'd come over and talk to us. And my friend would be like 'Down Syndrome people are all the nicest people in the world, they're so sweet!'....and I nearly punched her. Because they're just like anyone else, some are nice, some are jerks, some are weird, some are 'normal', it was like saying 'All dyslexics are pretty' or something, it's neither true nor relevant...

eta: This is quite unrelated to paysites too, isn't it?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
CARLYMICHELLE
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 01, 11:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Sadly, some people think that way, and that doesn't really make them jerks, just ignorant. Some people see disabled people as a tragedy, not in an 'exterminate-them-all' genocidal way, just in a 'oh, that's such a pity' way, it's just an old-fashioned point of view. I'm not saying it's right, it isn't, but...not evil.

Kind of reminds me of my best friend at college one time. She was a very sweet girl, but holy god, was she ever an idiot. Anyway, at our college, there was a special needs basic learning unit, there were a lot of people with Down Syndrome, and severe learning problems and so on, and as I was doing performing arts, we sometimes performed some of our theatre-in-education pieces for them, so quite often they'd come over and talk to us. And my friend would be like 'Down Syndrome people are all the nicest people in the world, they're so sweet!'....and I nearly punched her. Because they're just like anyone else, some are nice, some are jerks, some are weird, some are 'normal', it was like saying 'All dyslexics are pretty' or something, it's neither true nor relevant...

eta: This is quite unrelated to paysites too, isn't it?

umm well yeah i guess so lol  i just couldnt belive  the ignorance of that person
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 01, 11:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I always get those sorts of jerks telling me those sorts of things because my kids look fine.  One has spina bifida, but can walk (some minor motor control issues but you have to know what you're looking for) and is incontinent, and the other has Aspergers.

I once had my *sister* tell me that people with kids with disabilities are the ones getting punished for past actions, such as adopting a child out.  And quoted the Bible at me about "the sins of the father are visited on the son" - made me read the whole damn Bible so I could dispute fuckheads like her.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
CARLYMICHELLE
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 01, 11:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Well, I always get those sorts of jerks telling me those sorts of things because my kids look fine.  One has spina bifida, but can walk (some minor motor control issues but you have to know what you're looking for) and is incontinent, and the other has Aspergers.

I once had my *sister* tell me that people with kids with disabilities are the ones getting punished for past actions, such as adopting a child out.  And quoted the Bible at me about "the sins of the father are visited on the son" - made me read the whole damn Bible so I could dispute fuckheads like her.

yeah i have mild Cp    from a tramatic birth where iwas born 5 weeks early  and with my twin and  my cords wrapepd around my neck multible times we were born by emrgancy C section and i was clinically dead when was born  but i was restarted .
  i have always been able to walk but i have scoliosis fromit at 53 and 55 degrees  and chonic pain  fromthat and i have type one diabetes and  a heart problem anxiety/ clinical depression etc and people always say im lucky it wasnt alot worse  and im like why do i have to have this stuff at all  that beign said however i dont  consider msyelf disabled my brain was not affected  iwas affected phyically mostly
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 01, 11:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CARLYMICHELLE"
yeah i have mild Cp    from a tramatic birth where iwas born 5 weeks early  and with my twin and  my cords wrapepd around my neck multible times we were born by emrgancy C section and i was clinically dead when was born  but i was restarted .

That's pretty much the exact same reason my aunt has CP...

i have always been able to walk but i have scoliosis fromit at 53 and 55 degrees  and chonic pain  fromthat and i have type one diabetes and  a heart problem anxiety/ clinical depression etc and people always say im lucky it wasnt alot worse  and im like why do i have to have this stuff at all  that beign said however i dont  consider msyelf disabled my brain was not affected  iwas affected phyically mostly

Yeah, actually my idiot friend has scoliosis...she had a titanium bar in her back to keep her spine straight or something, I dunno, she once told me then swore me to secrecy, apparently, titanium is more valuable than gold pound for pound, and she was worried that if people knew, they'd try and steal her spine, or something... :roll: As I say, she wasn't very bright.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
tinkrfreakenbell
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 01, 13:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

apparently, titanium is more valuable than gold pound for pound, and she was worried that if people knew, they'd try and steal her spine, or something
 :shock:   The stupidity of that statement amazes me  :lol:   Next time you talk to the ding bat tell her that titanium is the one metal that is less likely to be rejected by the body, that's the number one reason to use it.  
I am always in disbelief at how stupid some people can be.  Reminds me of the stupidity of my mother's husband.  He believes that the ear pieces the secret service wear are to protect them from the radio waves that the goverment is sending out to all people to brain wash them with subliminal messages.  :roll:   And the #1 idiotic phrase of all time, people of color are funny, they are genetically born that way  :shock:   The sheer stupidity and racisitness of it all is overwhelming.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 01, 15:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cruz'd is an idiot. I have had very little contact with disabled people in my life and do not choose to have disabled sims, but the attitude behind Cruz'd's post is wrong. I know that my reaction to disability is not ideal but such close mindedness coupled with rank stupidity and 12ness is, is, ... unspeakable.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 01, 17:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, your sister thought giving up a child for adoption was a sin? WTF?

It sounds like your sister had/has a very serious disability: namely, lacking a heart.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 01, 17:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tinkrfreakenbell"
I am always in disbelief at how stupid some people can be.  Reminds me of the stupidity of my mother's husband.  He believes that the ear pieces the secret service wear are to protect them from the radio waves that the goverment is sending out to all people to brain wash them with subliminal messages.

That's ridiculous. The earpieces are just headphones so they can hear their instructions. The mind control rays are broadcast by satellite and can only be blocked by lead. Tin foil hats are useless. The Secret Service has no specific immunity to it. If anything, they're the most affected of all. Extended exposure is required to produce optimal effect, and this is why the government has intentionally discouraged the use of lead-based products: They weaken or nullify the effect.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 01, 17:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that comes from Judiaism they believe you are reincarnated, and paying or rectifying for sins from previous life.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 01, 17:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"

Wait, your sister thought giving up a child for adoption was a sin? WTF?

It sounds like your sister had/has a very serious disability: namely, lacking a heart.

No, my sister has an even more serious disability - both brain and heart are lacking.  It wasn't me who gave up a child - my eldest sister gave up 4, and unfortunately the last child she had has Duchennes muscular dystrophy and O was telling me about how she deserved it and that God was punishing her blah-de-blah.

Lacking a heart because of the idea and lacking a brain because she's a "pick and mix" pagan (she doesn't follow any rule if she doesn't want and has a pick and mix idea to religion, while calling herself a pagan).

To soup parrot - when I read the Bible it was "the sins of the father shall be visited upon the son" - that's the reason that you need to be baptised - so I have a smart answer for anyone who tells me that again.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 01, 17:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
that comes from Judiaism they believe you are reincarnated, and paying or rectifying for sins from previous life.

You know what happens when a slug is bad?

It gets reincarnated as a Kewian. Karma can be very cruel.

To soup parrot - when I read the Bible it was "the sins of the father shall be visited upon the son" - that's the reason that you need to be baptised - so I have a smart answer for anyone who tells me that again.

I always thought that was a corollary for if your parents were genetic defectives, you, too, will likely be defective.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 01, 17:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"

Uh. No they don't.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 01, 17:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh. No they don't.

I figure he was referring to Buddhists or Hindus.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 01, 17:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Uh. No they don't.

I figure he was referring to Buddhists or Hindus.

How does one confuse Jews with Buddhists and Hindus, though?

My head hurts.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: