PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 06:15:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)  (Read 25630 times)
A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
« Reply #75 on: 2007 January 07, 19:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."
It's not just slow anymore, things aren't downloadable at all. All I get is a bunch of errors. But that's okay, I need to cut back on downloading anyway. My computer hates me.

It could be that you are running into the peak hour problem. I'm at GMT+2 and I have the least trouble with downloads in the morning and early, early afternoons. Everything gets extremely slow after that as people come home from work and the Western Hemisphere starts waking up.

Not that it isn't ridiculously slow right now as it is. Children should be going back to school starting tomorrow, so perhaps it'll be a little better then.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 January 07, 20:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note over there 3000 on site. Maybe a bunch of people unsubscribed from pay sites...Seriously, I'm sure its the kiddies, and all the people that got sims during the holidays, making server traffic high.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 January 07, 21:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Renatus"
Quote from: ".torque."
It's not just slow anymore, things aren't downloadable at all. All I get is a bunch of errors. But that's okay, I need to cut back on downloading anyway. My computer hates me.

It could be that you are running into the peak hour problem. I'm at GMT+2 and I have the least trouble with downloads in the morning and early, early afternoons. Everything gets extremely slow after that as people come home from work and the Western Hemisphere starts waking up.

Not that it isn't ridiculously slow right now as it is. Children should be going back to school starting tomorrow, so perhaps it'll be a little better then.

I'm in the same timezone as you. Thanks for the tip. I actually managed to download a few things just a few minutes ago. After a long wait of the file starting to download, of course.

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 January 07, 23:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, there's no real big difference, users are not really splitted in "super" and "regular".
On some fileservers is slightly different: sometimes you have very long time to wait, or a limited number of downloads. These are sensible limitations.

I don't know if I'm particularly lucky, but MTS2 system difference is a matter of seconds, at most.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 January 08, 00:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this new change supposed to effect those that are currently "supporters" or those that supported in the past too?
If it were just rewarding new donators I can see why some people would be upset by it and think that its paysite-ish, since new donators are probably only donating for the perks (especially the faster server perk).
But if people who used to donate but no longer do are also getting access to the faster server, I think its a nice way to reward those that thought mts2 was worth donating to and actually donated because they wanted to not because they wanted perks (even if it was a year ago when they donated last)
Raene
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 January 08, 04:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a past donater over there. Not sure how long ago, but it's been at least months since I forked over cash to any Sims site. Since I ran into the problems with acquiring a new cookie that would allow me download access that others were experiencing (kinda random what I could and couldn't access last I tried), I'm guessing I've been switched over to the new server. Also still have that little icon thingie that donaters get. Once a donater, always a donater?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 January 08, 04:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's only valid for current supporters.  And it's way faster.  I donated to MTS2 before this went into effect, and now it's like an extra incentive to continue.  Plus, I am all about supporting free sites where I can.  It being a site I actually use is a bonus. Smiley
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 January 08, 06:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
If it were just rewarding new donators I can see why some people would be upset by it and think that its paysite-ish, since new donators are probably only donating for the perks (especially the faster server perk).

People without pocket money to spare are able to get the files, they just have to wait.

People with the money to spend will pay for perks, and thus support free downloading for everyone.

It's only "paysite-ish" to people who think you should never have to pay for anything.
What would be wrong with "only donating for perks" anyway? MTS is selling something it actually owns- the legitimate version of "we're only charging for a service."

Until files get locked off, it's not a paysite.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 January 08, 22:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never paid any money over there, but I also have access to the new server because of the "moomoo" and "featured" status. I must say, it is kind of nice to have a perk based on hard work rather than just money. No, not everyone who recolours a couch and uploads it has access to the new server, but really, just about everyone who creates consistently well and uploads over there has a pretty good likelihood of getting on the new server.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 January 08, 22:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if you all have seen this but it looks like Delphy isn't sitting so much on the fence here in this year's statement....

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=214586

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 January 08, 22:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your reward was well deserved Smiley, beautiful skins and all Smiley. My sims love you. I got Bluesoups great pictures too.  :lol:

I think Delphy saw that people want paysites gone, and MTS2 being the largest free site sets the community precedent (probably misspelled), so he's going to work on enriching the the community by going in more new directions that are positive Smiley. I liked what he wrote Smiley.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 January 09, 00:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how much do you have to donate to be able to download faster?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 January 09, 02:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$5/month is the minimum donation amount.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 January 09, 03:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so to stay on the perk list you have to donate every month?   Sad
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 January 09, 03:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: