PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:49:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)  (Read 25627 times)
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
« Reply #60 on: 2007 January 03, 13:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Theres nothing wrong with anyplace as long as you just download, and lurk, dont post in the forum, and just go play. Simdom is then akin to Disneyland.

True. That's what I had been doing all along and I missed all the drama.

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 January 03, 13:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torq I only found this by chance. Christmas is difficult for me. I was up all night reading through the forum, it was like wow, I've been missing a lot. And it helped me get through another holiday Cool

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 January 03, 16:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "icedwhitemocha"
yeah, I'm feeling a little sorry for delphy right now; I noticed earlier that there are some major problems in the new system.  Example: you can't look at a single creator's downloads anymore.  Every link on their profile takes you to the download page  :?

Sure you can, just not as straightforward now. There's a link under the different pic of catagories...I think it's labeled 'all downloads', or something like that, click it and it gives you just that creators stuff.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 January 03, 17:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that and it took me to all downloads, it didn't filter for only that creator.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 January 03, 17:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. I haven't been there since.....3 days ago to look at Dls. Maybe it's changed since then? Maybe I have the label wrong. I'll go look....

If you search on a creators name and go to their page, then click on "show all downloads" it shows only the creators you've searched on. Just did it. HP's stuff. I wasn't logged in, maybe that is making the difference?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 January 03, 17:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that for Justmoi, and it went to downloads that didn't belong to them.  I finally gave up because the site was so damn slow anyway.

I changed the thread title.  No question mark now, Piratebooty *is* happy. Tongue
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 January 03, 17:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was pretty slow. You should try again later. I think I'll go back and log in and see what happens.....

Ok. It worked. Logged or logged out, this time I tried Justmoi's stuff, clicked on show all downloads and that's what it did., only justmoi's right to the last page. ?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2007 January 03, 18:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, in the little banner down the side, half way down in the downloads section, there is a search box for downloads by creator - that should take you to where you want to go fairly easily.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 January 03, 20:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
I did that for Justmoi, and it went to downloads that didn't belong to them.  I finally gave up because the site was so damn slow anyway.

I changed the thread title.  No question mark now, Piratebooty *is* happy. Tongue

LOL! Glad to hear it.

EDIT: Calalily's right... the creator downloads fxn is back up.  Methinks that's part of what Delphy took MTS2 offline to fix.

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 January 07, 14:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to put this on a separate thread, but seince this is related to Delphy and MTs2. What everyone think, paying to access for faster server, is that a paysite when that plan is implemanted? Or a grey area? I was thinking of File Planet, when you DL you get options etc free or subscription. You can read Delphy's latest plan here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=214056

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 January 07, 15:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't consider it Paysite-ish. The files are still very much available to everyone, donaters just get a bit of a perk for their cash troubles, I think that's fair. After all, we're not all hippies and communists...Cheesy

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 January 07, 15:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Typically* the people with less money to spare have the more time to spare waiting for slower servers.  I know there are exceptions.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
« Reply #72 on: 2007 January 07, 15:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say that allowing people who donate access to the faster servers is pretty different than restricting access to content to those who don't pay. The content is still there for everyone, it's just a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes to get it. Downloading during non-peak hours does help a lot, when one can arrange it.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 January 07, 17:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the first day the new fileserver was introduced, there was absolutely no speed difference.

However, now, there's a huge one!  It is way faster to download stuff.  Which is good because I tend to go on sprees.  :oops:
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 January 07, 19:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just slow anymore, things aren't downloadable at all. All I get is a bunch of errors. But that's okay, I need to cut back on downloading anyway. My computer hates me.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: